5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome toy
Published on November 4, 2004 by boxwood100

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stand the test of time - 4 months and done
My daughter almost 1 enjoyed this toy, but it stopped working and it was not rough handled. I like the concept, but it simply is not well made. The lights and sound no longer work and my return window is closed.
Published on June 23, 2012 by Bee's Mom

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome toy, November 4, 2004
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Little Super Star Classical Stacker (Baby Product)
I bought this one before my baby was born and he was just enthralled with it from day one. Whenever I pushed down on the star and the thing lit up, he just was mesmerized by it. Then, he decided that, being the engineer that he is, he'd rather play with it without the stars on it so he can see how it works. He just loves that! It's just so very pretty when it lights up and it also teaches coordination. He still plays with it and he's now three. Definitely a fanstastic purchase, one that can withstand having food dumped on it, being tossed onto the floor numerous times, you name it and it is still just like new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great value!, October 26, 2004
This is my son's favorite toy, and for eleven bucks that's quite a deal. He literally can play with this toy for hours if given the opportunity. He's learned to press the button on the top that plays the music, and as soon as he does, he looks at everyone in the room and gives them a "look how smart I am" smile. It's hilarious! He's just now learning (at 12 months) how to put the stars back on the base. He couldn't do this a couple of months ago; he could only get them off, so it has grown with him. I put scotch tape over the speaker because there is no volume control and it can be quite loud. The tape still lets the tunes be heard, but now I don't have to talk over it! My mother is a daycare provider and she also has this toy, and her children love it, too; they even fought over it until she bought another one. That means I know of at least three children who can't get enough of this toy. It's worth its weight in gold!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Tyler's favorite toys!!, May 22, 2006
Tyshark (Pittsburg, CA United States) - See all my reviews
We bought this toy for our baby's first Christmas, and he is over 2 now, and still loves it. He likes to take the stars off, and play the music. We call it his music stick, which he carries allllll over the house spinning to the music until he falls. The lights just make it even better to him. A great toy, not too expensive toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy with limitations..., May 12, 2006
E. McGee (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
Our 11 month old has been playing with this toy since he was 6 months old. He really likes the lights, sounds and music. However, I was disappointed that the stacker is shaped like a cylinder so you can put the stars on in any order you choose. So it does not teach children that the big star goes on the bottom and get smaller as you go up. Also, the star that goes on top is cute, but it almost never gets used in conjuction with the stacker. It didn't take long for our baby to figure out that you just have to press the button on the top to get the music to play.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stand the test of time - 4 months and done, June 23, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke Within 6 months, March 20, 2006
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
My son especially liked playing the tunes by pushing the top button on the stacker, and I liked the toy too--until it suddenly died. He hadn't been rough with it or anything, and we tried changing the batteries and everything, to no avail.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the lights but Hard to get rings on and off..., October 27, 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I was excited to get this for my little boy cause he LOVES lights and music. My husband wanted to get the plain jane stacker like what we had when we were kids but I had to get this one. I wish I would have listened to him. This is great to catch my sons attention however it doesnt serve its purpose. The rings are hard to get on and off because there is a button on the side when you put the rings on make it lightup. I have a hard time putting them on sometimes so you can imagin how diffucult it is for my 8month old. If I hadnt destroyed the box when I opened this toy it would have went back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Okay while it Lasted, November 11, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Was very excited to buy this toy for my 7 month old baby. She was very attracted towards it and loved when she saw lights and sounds. But just after 2 use, the sound stopped playing. This toy was handled very gently so there should be no reason why this does not work , expect that its manufacturing quality is poor.

Would not recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for a baby under 12 months and older, November 15, 2006
Good toy to learn big shape and colors for older child.. As for younger 6 month year old like the music and the lights and trying to put the object back in the ring.

Very good toy.. simple and easy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 1.5 month, October 19, 2012
Katrina (Kalifornia, United States Of America) - See all my reviews
My 11 month old loved it. But it is the first sound making toy of the about thirty we own that stopped working. And we only just got it a month a half ago and the return window is closed. Not happy.