5.0 out of 5 stars Great Play Phone
We were looking for a simple play telephone for our twins..something without a lot of lights and crazy sounds. This telephone is exactly what we were looking for! The voice that says "hello" and "good-bye" uses the correct inflections and the button sounds are very realistic. The songs play for a very short period of time and, as parents, we appreciate...
Published on November 25, 2007 by K. Penhoet

1.0 out of 5 stars BPA in the toy
My 7 month old was given several Fisher Price toys as a gift. The boxes didn't say whether or not they contained toxic chemicals such as BPA or pthalates, so I called the company. They said that BPA is used in their toys, but not in their high chairs. Sad! A trusted company that sells products for babies (who put everything in their mouths!) should NOT be putting...
Published on September 22, 2011 by Lola Gogol

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy for purses and trips!, February 13, 2011
TPerk (Fort Worth, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Friendly Flip Phone (6 Months +) (Baby Product)
This is a pretty handy toy, as it easily fits in your purse, the diaper bag, the car, whatever. It's always ready for your on the go lifestyle that has two minor flaws.

1. Needs some sort of a loop or hook to attach a leash to. Would be nice to use my leashes to attach to high chairs, strollers, shopping carts, etc. Instead, my daughter commonly chucks this onto the dirty floor.

2. Cell phones have a zero button, and this does not :).

Other than that, this is handy dandy and I'll continue to tote it everywhere!

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this, June 24, 2011
My 8 month old son loves the cell & home phones. He is teething, so I am obviously not going to let him chew on my iPhone. There isn't a lot to this, but my son loves it. I only wish there was a smart phone version so it was more like mommy's.

From a durability aspect, wipe this off when cleaning. I dunked mine in some hot soapy water like a dingbat and now the noises work intermittently. So, I am now buying a new one because it isn't as entertaining if there are no noises.

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandson's first cell phone, March 20, 2011
Babies now days are little techies. My grandson became fascinated with my cell phone, so I bought this one for his 1st birthday. It's not quite the same, but it's still entertaining. He dances to the songs it plays; however, the volumn needs to be a little louder, sometimes it's difficult to hear it say Hello! and Good-Bye! Also, the numbers need to say what they are rather than just make a sound. But, overall, he likes it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 24, 2010
Superman Mom (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
It's a great size, great shape, great numbers, great songs. Perfect for my 18 month old. She doesn't like all "kid" cell phones, but she'll always drop a real one when she sees this one. I'm not sure it will keep her interest for years to come--it's pretty basic. but perfect for what I'm looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, January 20, 2013
My son had 2 toy phones , the other was a toy iPhone. This was by far the better toy phone. This one you can actually hear clearly what it is saying. Easy for baby to understand when your call has ended by folding it shut. It's cute every time you open and close it the picture rotates different animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for a phone curious child, April 23, 2010
Michael N. (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Our niece was always grabbing cell phones and wanting to play with them. When this phone was given to her at Christmas, not only did she lose interest in real cell phones, but she had no interest in any other toys! Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay toy, but it broke within 3 days!, September 7, 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
I have a 8 month old who is fascinated with my cell phone. I ordered this in hopes of transfering the attention to this model and away from my iphone. She is insterested in it, when it opens it has a voice saying hello and by pressing the button you get a ringer sound or a short song. When it closes it makes a chime noise which keeps her attention. Cons are that by day number 3 the image of the animal got stuck and wouldn't change from the picture of the dog. It is also hard for her baby hands to open once closed. It broke too quickly to recommend this product to others. I'd say try a different brand, the idea is great, but this model is not.

5.0 out of 5 stars engaging, December 24, 2008
Just gave this to my 14 month old grandson who didn't put it down for at least an hour.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not engaging, September 24, 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This was bought in an attempt to stop my 9mo from playing w/ our cell phone and remote control. This phone is not engaging at all. The internal wallpaper changes when you open/ close the phone only. The keypad kinda sounds like a phone keypad. And the yellow button plays a short melody for about 30 secs which baby loves to hear. Otherwise, no lights on this thing. Maybe it would have helped if it did have some flashing lights. This simpleton toy isn't worth the price advertised- I'm, returning mine tom.

2.0 out of 5 stars My son wasn't very interested, September 23, 2013
Babies love cell phones. Unfortunately, my baby, who received this for his first birthday, was not fooled at all by this imposter. I should have saved the money for something more engaging. It takes expensive batteries, so once the first set went dead I just tossed it in the garage sale pile. With the amount of play it got, investing in more batteries would have been unwise.

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Friendly Flip Phone (6 Months +)
$9.99