5.0 out of 5 stars Remember the popper toy?
Published on December 4, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Enough but Not Interesting
Published on May 4, 2010 by Amanda L. Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember the popper toy?, December 4, 1999
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Melody Push Chime (Toy)
Do you remember the popper toy that we all loved as kids and that drove our parents crazy. This has the same effect with a much more loveable sound. My daughter can play with it for hours (which she does) and never drive me crazy. The toy is light weight, durable, easy to take to grandma's house and hours of fun for your child. I would recommend this toy to anyone with an active toddler who enjoys toys that make sounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful. Lots of fun., November 9, 2001
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Melody Push Chime (Toy)
This is a great toy. My son loves it. My daughter (8 months) loves it when he plays with it.
I look for toys that are durable, easy to use and fairly quiet. I want toys that will grow with the child and encourage the child to explore the world. If they are educational so much the better.
This toy just about meets all of those standards.
The sound is not annoying, it is just a little chimy sound that is actually very pleasant. What a bonus considering so many toys have that tinny song sounds and are very loud. What a better way to encourage exploration and growth than a toy that encourages walking. My son (age 2) still enjoys playing with this toy even though he has long ago mastered walking. My daughter (8 months) enjoys pushing it back and forth on the floor since she can't walk. I think she too will enjoy it when she walks.
I bought the popcorn popper type of walking toy out of sentimentality because I remember mine and loved mine. I bought this one because it wasn't as loud. IF I could only buy one type of walky toy, I'd probably buy this one.
Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favorite toy ever!, December 8, 1999
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Melody Push Chime (Toy)
My 18 month old loves this toy. He doesn't like to sit down and play with toys and he loves any kind of music or noise. So, this is perfect. He will play with it for hours. And it is one of the only toys I have found that makes noise that little ones like, but is not annoying to adults.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Enough but Not Interesting, May 4, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Melody Push Chime (Toy)
I got this one as a gift and already had the corn popper one at home. My kids all love the corn popper, so I thought this would be a big hit too. It was but only for a few minutes. The little "melody" is repetative and annoying to me and my 4-year-old wasn't thrilled either. My 2-year-old just wasn't interested but expressed no reason. They prefer to play with the corn popper and ignore this. My advice is to buy that instead. This is also metal so dents if a child runs it into anything, which small children are likely to do. Mine has a huge dent now after only one run into a toy box. This isn't a terrible toy, but there are better substitutes for the same money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Round and round the couch we go....., July 19, 2002
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Melody Push Chime (Toy)
Our son has been pushing and pulling on the vaccuum cleaner the last couple of weeks so I decided it was time for him to have a push/pull toy of his own. I originally thought of the "corn popper" toy that has been around forever, but backed off of that decision when I read the reviews of just how loud it is. He has had just as much fun with this toy as I think he would have had with the "corn popper" and it has a very pleasant tinkling chimes sound. My husband and I can still carry on a conversation without raising our voices while our son is going round and round the couch! I highly recommend this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars 14-month's toy, April 8, 2011
Michael (HOUGHTON, MI, United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Melody Push Chime (Toy)
My 14-month old plays with this toy and she loves it to pieces (for some reason.) This is much quieter and pleasant compared to the Fisher-Price Corn Popper Push Toy if you're thinking of either. This toy can't support being leaned on, so make sure your baby is an excellent walker before buying this toy. My baby can walk at least 50 paces without tripping, and I would recommend this toy to someone matching this ability. At 14 months, my baby understands that the toy can be pushed back and forth while standing, but doesn't have the mental capacity to jog with it. I would recommend this to someone 11+ months.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Melody Push Chime (Toy)
our 22 month old loves his new toy! recently he noticed the animals on it too! it's so much fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars A little stiff at first but niece loves it!, February 17, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Melody Push Chime (Toy)
I bought this for my niece as I love to torture my brother and sister in law with fun noisy toys :):) This actually has a very pleasant sound, and not annoying at all! My 18 month old niece loves to push this around, and at first it took a little breaking in, now it works great and keeps her occupied as long as her attention span keeps her in the moment- A great push toy, great value and product! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed...., June 12, 2014
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Melody Push Chime (Toy)
I had to return this twice because of damage either during packaging or shipping. Both times identical damage as a plastic piece was broken in half, and the part at the bottom that turns was dented in so bad that it wasn't workable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the toy, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Melody Push Chime (Toy)
Not annoying and very entertaining, I only wish that the metal would not dent after time. Makes it ugly after a while but its still giving lots of joy and entertainment even still.

Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Melody Push Chime