5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF MY FAVORITE BABY TOYS!!!
STACK AND ROLL CUPS

My 14 month old grand-daughter AND her grandma LOVE this toy! We have spent many happy hours playing with these fantastic little cups! I would love to meet the genius who invented these.

Published on July 22, 2008 by Pamela A. Poddany

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating!
Published on March 14, 2011 by Ronda D Krasowski

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF MY FAVORITE BABY TOYS!!!, July 22, 2008
STACK AND ROLL CUPS

This toy can do a multitude of things -- you can stack them, roll them, put fun stuff inside, put them together! When they are together, we roll them, stack them, spin them, throw them! Paige runs around the house, holding two of them! She loves to bang them together! What FUN!!!

The colors are bright, the cups have special little designs on each one, along with numbers too. They are durable and withstand little hands, feet, even rear ends!

This is one of my favorite toys to play with. I have started purchasing these as baby gifts for friends. The ways you can entertain with these stack and roll cups are numerous; Paige and I constantly find ways to have fun with these. One of our favorite ways to play with these cups is to take them apart and place them side-by-side on the floor. They look so pretty! Then, we take little rubber ducks and sit them on top of each cup. Now, this is fun!

It is also fun to SNAP!!! these cups together, they inter-mingle and can fit together with other sizes nicely. The SNAP!!!! sound seems to make a funny impression on toddlers!

Get some of these cups for the babies in your life. You will all have a great time. Not only are they FUN, but they serve as an educational tool with the different colors, designs, and numbers. Babies will not even know they are learning because they are having so much fun!!!

Thank you!
Pam

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly versatile toy!!, July 23, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stack & Roll Cups (Toy)
This would make it on my top five list of toys for a toddler. There seem to be an infinite number of ways to play with these -- the cups can be stacked in different ways, with handy ridges that allow each size to fit on any of the larger sizes and stay together; they can be put together to make 5 different balls, nested, and any combination of these things (my older kids like nesting the balls inside eachother). Since each one has a hole they are easy for my 15 month old to grab, and now she has discovered that after you snap them together as balls, they make a cool sound when you talk through one end. Even my 6 and 8 year old boys enjoy finding new things to do with these cups. We like rolling and stacking the balls after they're made, putting various small toys inside each ball and peeking in to see them, and just stacking the cups in different ways. Sometimes they are cups or bowls for pretend eating or drinking. Or they're hats, or telescopes. The colors are beautiful, and we haven't even started exploring the numbers/shapes on them yet. They also feel indestructible. I love that the whole toy, when nested together, takes up little space. This is one excellently crafted, well-designed toy that encourages creativity and good fun, with an infinite number of uses for the imaginative kid.

5.0 out of 5 stars hours of fun, July 8, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stack & Roll Cups (Toy)
I got this before my son was born and he first used it he when was about 5 months old. He liked banging the cups together. The yellow jingly ball for the top is one of his favorite things to carry around the house. He is a year now, and is figuring out how to stack the cups. He also has enjoyed rolling the balls, spinning the balls, and shaking the balls, with other items inside to make rattles. The cups are indestructable and are fun to use everywhere, including the bath tub and kiddie pool. Definitely a great toy, that is well worth the money for many hours of creative fun and learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Grow-With-Me Toy, September 17, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stack & Roll Cups (Toy)
This is a wonderful toy. I loved it because it could be put all together into one or two compact balls and fit in the diaper bag. Then take it out and it's a stacking toy, a counting toy, a color toy, a rattle (the yellow smiley ball rattles/jingles), and a set of balls (it forms five different sized balls)! It's great.

At 6 months my babies liked chewing on it and banging the pieces together and rattling the yellow ball. A little later my son enjoyed stacking the bowls and rolling the balls.

A little older and it was all about the different ways to stack the bowls and put the balls together. Then he hid the balls inside one another.

Now at 4 1/2 years, he likes to line up the numbers and count down as well as hide other toys underneath "capturing" them. (I had to buy a second set for my youngest because my preschooler still plays with these all the time).

When I passed this on to my youngest, I did my standard recall check online--no recalls on this one, but I noticed that a different company had a variation on this that was recalled--the problem with the recalled toy was that the babies used the bowls to cover their nose and mouth and couldn't breath--that is NOT an issue with this toy as each bowl has a large hole in the bottom (that's what the ball is rests on when stacked in tower form like in the picture), so suffocation is NOT an issue with this toy.

When the bowls are made into balls, the balls are pretty easy for adults, preschoolers and older toddlers to get apart when not nested because you can get a better grip by sticking your fingers into the holes and pulling. They won't pull apart or fall apart when played with by a baby--even after 4 years of rough play.

My only complaint is that when you nest everything together it's very hard to take apart. My solution was to nest into two sets--alternating sizes. To elaborate: the bowls are numbered and if you nest them in sequence they nest too closely and tightly to get back apart easily. But if you nest the ball made from bowls 1&2 into the 5&6 ball and then into the 9&10 ball (to make one ball with 6 nested bowls) and then make a second ball out of the yellow smiley ball placed into the 3&4 ball which goes into the 7&8 ball, then you end up with two balls that you can get your fingers in the holes and pull the balls back apart. It's still very compact!

I highly recommend this toy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating!, March 14, 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stack & Roll Cups (Toy)
This toy looks so fun, and has educational value on several levels, but it turned out to be very frustrating simply because the cups are more than a little difficult to take apart. The children at my daycare were delighted with the colors, and with the whole concept of nesting and stacking, but when they were all nested together into one ball, it was impossible for the children to open them and difficult, to say the least, even for me. Also, they're slippy-slidey when stacked together, although that's not a big problem. I'm really disappointed. I expect to be able to make a purchase with confidence from a respected name like Fisher Price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, June 25, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stack & Roll Cups (Toy)
I got this for my son's first birthday and he loves it. It offers so many options. Initially his favorite part was the little smiley ball. He went everywhere with it. Now he plays with all parts, stacking them, hiding things in them, making balls and opening them again... Really a great toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for a small house, September 23, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stack & Roll Cups (Toy)
Such a wonderfully versatile toy! We live in a small trailer, so space for toys is very limited. This was given to my daughter when she was newborn - and her 4 year old brother would not leave it alone ... even with the restriction that he had to play with the baby with it. He spent hours telling her numbers and colors and making her laugh. Now they play with this toy nearly every day, she is almost 1 and he is 5. I am constantly amazed at the new ideas and creativity of the toy.

Best of all, I can interlock them into one ball which takes up very little room when they are finished playing! No batteries to buy - or annoying loud noises. I think it will make a great tub toy down the road too.

Down side is that little yellow ball with a face - it is too easy to loose and doesn't stay on the stack of half pieces pictured very well. I wish it were either not included or had a ring that snapped into the other pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite baby toy - and my son's, too!, June 10, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stack & Roll Cups (Toy)
This is one of the most simple and versatile toys we have, and my son and I both love it. I got it for him when he was about six months old, and at two he is still enjoying it. So many other toys have lost their luster - both literally and figuratively - while my son has continued to enjoy this one. He has played with it much more than the classic stacking ring toys.

There are ten numbered stacking cups, and they can be made into a tower, nested like bowls, separated into five rolling balls, massed into a single ball with the "smiley" in the middle - there's practically no end to the various configurations. The colors are bright and beautiful. I don't know what other toy, other than a big cardboard box, has so much to offer at such a good price. It it at the top of my baby shower gift list for as long as Fisher-Price produces it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic toy!, June 12, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stack & Roll Cups (Toy)
My son has been playing with this toy since he was 4 months old. At first, we would put them together into balls and he would roll them around. The first time he crawled was actually to chase after one. As he grew, he had lots of fun banging the cups together. Now he is 13 months and is starting to stack them. I imagine that in the future they will be great to teach him colors, shapes and numbers (each cup has a number and ring of shapes printed on it).

This is my go-to baby shower gift now!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our favorite toys, July 31, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stack & Roll Cups (Toy)
I adore this toy. It is so fun to stack, nest, and turn in to up to 5 balls to roll. The balls also fit into each other like russian dolls for easy travel. This toy has great colors and great durability. You can even stack the really small pieces on the really large ones (although sometimes they don't stick as well, which is my only complaint) I would recommend this to anyone.

Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Stack & Roll Cups