Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Size: Glossy Exclusive Paper|Change

VINE VOICEon July 22, 2008
STACK AND ROLL CUPS

My 14 month old grand-daughter AND her grandma LOVE this toy! We have spent many happy hours playing with these fantastic little cups! I would love to meet the genius who invented these.

This toy can do a multitude of things -- you can stack them, roll them, put fun stuff inside, put them together! When they are together, we roll them, stack them, spin them, throw them! Paige runs around the house, holding two of them! She loves to bang them together! What FUN!!!

The colors are bright, the cups have special little designs on each one, along with numbers too. They are durable and withstand little hands, feet, even rear ends!

This is one of my favorite toys to play with. I have started purchasing these as baby gifts for friends. The ways you can entertain with these stack and roll cups are numerous; Paige and I constantly find ways to have fun with these. One of our favorite ways to play with these cups is to take them apart and place them side-by-side on the floor. They look so pretty! Then, we take little rubber ducks and sit them on top of each cup. Now, this is fun!

It is also fun to SNAP!!! these cups together, they inter-mingle and can fit together with other sizes nicely. The SNAP!!!! sound seems to make a funny impression on toddlers!

Get some of these cups for the babies in your life. You will all have a great time. Not only are they FUN, but they serve as an educational tool with the different colors, designs, and numbers. Babies will not even know they are learning because they are having so much fun!!!

Thank you!
Pam
88 comments|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2008
This would make it on my top five list of toys for a toddler. There seem to be an infinite number of ways to play with these -- the cups can be stacked in different ways, with handy ridges that allow each size to fit on any of the larger sizes and stay together; they can be put together to make 5 different balls, nested, and any combination of these things (my older kids like nesting the balls inside eachother). Since each one has a hole they are easy for my 15 month old to grab, and now she has discovered that after you snap them together as balls, they make a cool sound when you talk through one end. Even my 6 and 8 year old boys enjoy finding new things to do with these cups. We like rolling and stacking the balls after they're made, putting various small toys inside each ball and peeking in to see them, and just stacking the cups in different ways. Sometimes they are cups or bowls for pretend eating or drinking. Or they're hats, or telescopes. The colors are beautiful, and we haven't even started exploring the numbers/shapes on them yet. They also feel indestructible. I love that the whole toy, when nested together, takes up little space. This is one excellently crafted, well-designed toy that encourages creativity and good fun, with an infinite number of uses for the imaginative kid.
on September 17, 2011
This is a wonderful toy. I loved it because it could be put all together into one or two compact balls and fit in the diaper bag. Then take it out and it's a stacking toy, a counting toy, a color toy, a rattle (the yellow smiley ball rattles/jingles), and a set of balls (it forms five different sized balls)! It's great.

At 6 months my babies liked chewing on it and banging the pieces together and rattling the yellow ball. A little later my son enjoyed stacking the bowls and rolling the balls.

A little older and it was all about the different ways to stack the bowls and put the balls together. Then he hid the balls inside one another.

Now at 4 1/2 years, he likes to line up the numbers and count down as well as hide other toys underneath "capturing" them. (I had to buy a second set for my youngest because my preschooler still plays with these all the time).

When I passed this on to my youngest, I did my standard recall check online--no recalls on this one, but I noticed that a different company had a variation on this that was recalled--the problem with the recalled toy was that the babies used the bowls to cover their nose and mouth and couldn't breath--that is NOT an issue with this toy as each bowl has a large hole in the bottom (that's what the ball is rests on when stacked in tower form like in the picture), so suffocation is NOT an issue with this toy.

When the bowls are made into balls, the balls are pretty easy for adults, preschoolers and older toddlers to get apart when not nested because you can get a better grip by sticking your fingers into the holes and pulling. They won't pull apart or fall apart when played with by a baby--even after 4 years of rough play.

My only complaint is that when you nest everything together it's very hard to take apart. My solution was to nest into two sets--alternating sizes. To elaborate: the bowls are numbered and if you nest them in sequence they nest too closely and tightly to get back apart easily. But if you nest the ball made from bowls 1&2 into the 5&6 ball and then into the 9&10 ball (to make one ball with 6 nested bowls) and then make a second ball out of the yellow smiley ball placed into the 3&4 ball which goes into the 7&8 ball, then you end up with two balls that you can get your fingers in the holes and pull the balls back apart. It's still very compact!

I highly recommend this toy.
on July 8, 2008
I got this before my son was born and he first used it he when was about 5 months old. He liked banging the cups together. The yellow jingly ball for the top is one of his favorite things to carry around the house. He is a year now, and is figuring out how to stack the cups. He also has enjoyed rolling the balls, spinning the balls, and shaking the balls, with other items inside to make rattles. The cups are indestructable and are fun to use everywhere, including the bath tub and kiddie pool. Definitely a great toy, that is well worth the money for many hours of creative fun and learning.
on March 14, 2011
This toy looks so fun, and has educational value on several levels, but it turned out to be very frustrating simply because the cups are more than a little difficult to take apart. The children at my daycare were delighted with the colors, and with the whole concept of nesting and stacking, but when they were all nested together into one ball, it was impossible for the children to open them and difficult, to say the least, even for me. Also, they're slippy-slidey when stacked together, although that's not a big problem. I'm really disappointed. I expect to be able to make a purchase with confidence from a respected name like Fisher Price.
44 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2016
At first glance this toy seems as if there is little about it that could go wrong. It's composed of little colored cups that stack upon one another, nest within one another, and snap together by color to form five colorful balls (both green halves snap together, both purple halves, etc). It's with this final feature that the design of the toy becomes a problem. The colored halves snap together so tightly that they almost cannot be pried apart again. My husband and I could not with the force of our own hands pry apart the green halves once they had been snapped into a ball. We tried needle nose pliers, silicone potholders to add extra grip, and finally popped them apart with a butter knife after I ruined three nails trying to open them. Suffice it to say, little hands would not be able to open the balls on their own. Pretty poor design feature when this is a toy meant for 6 months and up!

Also, just to note, they numbers on the cups are not outlined in white for higher visibility as shown in the picture. They are instead just the same color plastic as the cup. A bit harder for little eyes to see quite possibly.

In the end, my 6 month old was just as happy to play with a set of nesting Tupperware bowls and lids that I had lying around as she was with these cups. Lesson learned...
on February 17, 2016
These little nesting bowls make great funnels. That's the main attraction for the kids. Mainly because they are not stackable. They are clickable. Meaning if you just stack, they will fall all over the place. You must specifically click it in order to hold the shape. Hope your kid has big hands, because that's what it takes to unclick them. Don't make the mistake of clicking them into the nesting balls position. They must be clicked in order to nest and I needed a screw driver (I used a butter knife) to separate them. The fun factor goes out the window pretty fast when the kid needs help. Ask me how long they remain looking nice when you've been taking a knife/screwdriver to separate them? Not long at all. I'm really sorry I didn't read the one star reviews before purchasing. I'd send it back but I trashed the box trying to get them out (not an easy task). The little one did enjoy sending her counting bears spiraling around the bowl and dropping through the hole. The only reason I gave it two stars.
on June 24, 2014
I am not joking, these cups are amazing.

Want one heavy ball? Ok
Want 5 light balls of different sizes? Ok
Want a few balls and a few cups? Ok
Want 2 balls, a stack and 2 cups? Ok.
Want 1 tall stack with a yellow rattling ball on top? Ok
Want a ball inside a stack? Ok.
A stack inside of a ball? Just thought of this one - will try when I get home. You can do just about anything with these.

You - an adult - will not be able make a comprehensive list of ways these things can be assembled. They're designed very well and no doubt will entertain the whole family.

You can put them in your mouth too if that's what you're into. That's what my son is into. Me not so much.

Buy it. Now.
on January 1, 2016
This has become one of my 8-month old son's favorite toys! The colors are great and there are so many ways that the pieces can fit together! They can be stacked inside each other like cups with the openings up, making a tower that narrows as it goes up. They can also be flipped (openings down) and stacked that way. Each piece can also snap together with its neighboring piece (next largest OR smallest in size) to make a hollow sphere. You can snap color-coded pairs together to make five separate spheres. For storing, all the pieces can be fit together like concentric spheres, but they can be difficult to pull apart when assembled this way.

There is also a yellow plastic ball (that rattles when shook)with a smiley-face on it that can fit inside any of the spheres that are made when two pieces are snapped together. My son loves it when we snap the smallest two semi-spheres together with the yellow ball inside it. He can shake that to create plenty of noise to entertain himself! He also likes to just shake the rattling yellow plastic ball by itself.

None of the pieces are small enough to be a choking hazard.
on April 9, 2013
I can't stop playing with these things. My kid is always trying to take them away, but I'm a lot bigger and just push him aside. Also great for teaching my kid how to play the shell game (i.e. 3 card monty). He's not very good at it, so I end up winning a lot of his money.