5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet swing! Great exchange of swings!
Published on June 6, 2011 by Lynette Lozano

2.0 out of 5 stars Obsolete model
This swing was fairly effective, but the Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle 'n Swing is better in every possible way (except it is slightly more expensive). Here are all the ways the Little Lamb is worse:
1. The swing is noisy and wakes the baby up - Snugabunny is much quieter
2. Even the lowest setting swings extremely fast, whereas the Snugabunny's...
Published on July 16, 2011 by Nite Owl

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet swing! Great exchange of swings!, June 6, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Cradle 'N Swing, Luv U Zoo (Baby Product)
Our baby girl is 11 weeks old. We bought her the fisher price sugar plum swing honestly...only for the looks. Little did we realize it's super loud and the motor started to make a clicky noise after just 5 days! I then got online and read horrible reviews about the swing so my husband and I went back to BRU and exchanged it for the less expensive, luv u zoo cradle swing and it was the best decision ever! We've owned it for over 2 months and never looked back!

I have to disagree with the previous reviewer that posted a bad review saying the motor is loud. It Is super quiet! The trick to it is if you hear the motor at all, just separate the legs farther apart again and it will be quiet again. The key for it to stay quiet is the legs to stay the farthest apart possible.

It also has a cute mirror and mobile and multiple speeds and cute music. It is also attractive to have in your living room, neutral colors. Also another huge huge plus, it has an electric cord too! No need for batteries!

If you are contemplating this swing, get it! Especially since amazon has it cheaper than BRU. We like it so much, we are about to repurchase another one for a newborn nephew as a gift. Hope this helps~

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this swing!, April 28, 2008
Romy Choi (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
We purchased this swing when my son was about one month old. He loves it! He really likes the bright colors of the mobile animals and used to stare at them in amazement. As he has gotten older (he's now over 4 months), he gets bored a little more easily, so he doesn't like to stay in it for as long as he used to. I usually use the swing when I need to get things done around the house and can't take him along - like cook meals. I'm sad that he's quickly approaching the weight limit of 20 pounds (he's a big kid), so we won't be able to use it for a longer period of time.

We bought this particular swing because of the bright colors, its ability to be plugged in, and because it can swing both side to side and front to back. We also liked the music choices. Most of the songs are easy to listen to and won't drive you crazy. There is even one choice of just animal sounds (birds chirping, etc). It's nice for when you really don't want music playing in the background of your phone call.

Some people have reported problems with the swing stopping, saying they have a faulty motor. After a few days, we thought this was our problem as well. But then we realized that the seat wasn't aligned properly. Since you rotate the seat to change the swinging direction, you can change the center of gravity of the seat. Rotating the seat very slightly to the left or right and making sure the vertical swinging bar is centered in front of the plastic part (just under the picture of the elephant) will make it swing much better. As long as I check that the swinging bar is centered before turning it on, it works perfectly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Obsolete model, July 16, 2011
1. The swing is noisy and wakes the baby up - Snugabunny is much quieter
2. Even the lowest setting swings extremely fast, whereas the Snugabunny's lowest setting is much more reasonable
3. Turning the swing off makes a "click" sounds that wakes the baby up, which is not the case for the Snugabunny
4. Only runs on batteries, which need replacing at least once a month - the Snugabunny has an AC adapter option
5. The head rest is thick and leaves a dent on the back of the baby's head, but the Snugabunny is much thinner
6. Doesn't seem as sturdy - for example, the mobile broke after a short time and the swing got louder over time
7. Only has a waist restraint, which I've heard of babies flipping out of, but the Snugabunny has an optional 5-point harness

4.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Buy, August 10, 2007
We purchased this swing for our newborn son based on the fact that my wife uses one at the daycare she works at. Perhaps the biggest selling point for us was the fact that you have the option of using a plug-in adapter or batteries. Since just about every other item used for a baby takes batteries, it was nice to finally see a product with an A/C adapter. Other features that we like are the side-to-side or front-to-back swinging option, the wonderful mobile which features up-and-down movement, and the music/rainfall noises. All of these options work independently of one another, which makes this product even more appealing. We haven't had any problem with the swinging (or lack thereof) that others seem to be having. Sure, the swing doesn't move very fast, but I don't think my son is quite ready for roller coaster speeds just yet. My son seems very content while he naps in the swing as well.

Overall, I think that this swing is an excellent purchase for anyone in the market for one. While it may not have the strongest motor, it has plenty of other options that make it a good buy.

Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Motor Lacking Enough Swing Power, December 21, 2006
WiSH (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this swing for my 4 month old daughter. I was enticed by the fact it was the only one I could locate that could be plugged into an outlet and work off household electricity rather than battery power. I imagined this would make the "swing" consistantly a better "swing" as there would never be a weak power source. The first swing I brought home from the store was assembled (which only took about 15 minutes) and plugged in. I was immediately disappointed by the lack of swing, and eventually my wife and I determined that there was definitely something wrong with the swing, because even with no baby the swing would stop swinging then slowly...and barely swing again. I returned it...and purchased another. I agree with the other reviewer that it just appears to take awhile for it to "warm" up. As I sit and watch her in the swing at this moment, it seems to be working okay, but I'm not totally convinced. The mobile rotates and the leaves move up and down. If the motor issue could be improved I'd be more pleased with this particular swing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cradle N Swing is a LIFESAVER!!, April 28, 2011
This review is from: My Little Lamb (Baby Product)
This was given to us by a relative who had used it for their daughter. Even though their daughter had grown out of it by 6 months, they did have great luck with it and told me I had to give it a try. Boy am I glad I did!!

My daughter only slept 7 to 8 hours a day for the entire first month of her life because of reflux. We were on the verge of going insane. Then we had this thing, and ALL THAT CHANGED! The gentle rocking helped her to go to sleep and stay asleep. When I watch her, I realize that the swing makes it impossible for her to stay focused on any object, so her eyelids just get tired and slowly shuts!! When she wakes up from reflux pains (or any other small discomfort), the swing is also able to rock her back to sleep! Now she has gotten a lot more sleep, her reflux has gotten so much better as well!! We used this item for all her day time naps and most of her night time naps from the time she was 1 month to 2 months. She is 2.5 months now and we are weaning her off of it a bit so she doesn't develop a crutch, and she seems to be ready for the transition, which pleasantly surprised me. Now we use it for about half of her daily sleep.

With that being said, let me explain the ins and outs of this swing based on my personal experience:

This swing can withstand heavy usage - we work it day and night, and so far it still looks like new and works the same as when we got it. It is easy to use and assemble - we got it used without instructions and we put it together no problems. Also, the manual is available on line if you really need it. It takes 4 size D batteries, and has no AC adapter option. With brand new Duracell Coppertop D batteries, the swing lasted a month and a half of heavy use.

AS FAR AS PEOPLE'S COMPLAINS ABOUT THE NOISES, HERE'S WHAT I'VE FOUND THAT HELPS:

There're two types of noises coming out of this swing, one is the motor noise, which can't be eliminated, the other is the squeaky or tapping noise coming out of the legs, which can be avoided. The motor noise can be minized by turning on the swing before you start pushing it as someone else had previously mentioned. Still, this noise is quite annoying to me - I can't sleep with it. But it seems to put the baby right to sleep! Now the leg noise. I find that the legs need to be spread apart ALMOST as far as they would go. This ensures stability and stops the legs from coming off the floor. If your swing's legs are coming off the floor when the swing is in motion, SPREAD THE LEGS FURTHER APART! The other thing that causes this noise is uneven floors or having one leg on carpet and one on hardwood. You most likely won't have this noise at all if you use this swing on carpet.

Another great thing about this swing is that it's very easy to operate. The swing has a dial which controls on, off and 6 different speeds, a switch to turn on the mobile, and another slider for the music and sounds. In my opinion, the "6 speeds" is somewhat a false advertisement. All 6 speeds are quite similar, and the fastest speed seems to be quite wearing on the batteries. I also don't see anyone ever needing a higher speed than the slowest - it's plenty fast enough. The songs and sounds don't do anything for my baby. The mobile captivates her - she likes staring at them from time to time. This swing has two positions, one in a reclined seating position, which is GREAT for reflux babies, the other is a flat position designed for sleeping. The swing is advertised as swinging in 3 ways, when assembled the seat swings left and right, but you can also turn the seat basket to the left or to the right, which swings the baby similar to if you were rocking her in your arms. Turning left or right gives you the same type of swinging really, just a different scenary for the baby. Do be careful with this type of swinging - when the baby is in the flat position, the swing swooshes the baby up so much that her head is a bit lower than her feet, which can cause spit-up.

This swing is very stable. When correctly assemebled, I don't see the swing having any possibility of falling over. I also appreciate the two-leg design. It allows you to step very close to the swing without the possibility of tripping over one of the legs - great for clutzes like myself. I also love how the swing looks. The material is very soft and I'm sure comfortable - or my baby wouldn't fall asleep so quick in it. When you place your baby in the swing, it looks like she has big lamby ears - absolutely adorable! I also like the size of the swing. It can be fit through standard doorframes without taking anything apart. It's light enough that even I can move it, albeit a bit clumsily. The swing can be fit in an economoy vehicle by taking off the legs, which does not require any tools.

Pros:

Does a great job of what it's supposed to do, which to me is rock your baby to sleep
Looks totally adorable
Stable, high quality
Easy to move or transport

Cons:

No power adapter option - 4 D batteries only
When I put my baby in the swing, the animals from the mobile like to brush over her face which tends to wake her up
If you want to buckle your baby, you can't swaddle her

3.0 out of 5 stars No AC Adapter, but Runs Forever on D. Rather Loud., January 31, 2011
This review is from: My Little Lamb (Baby Product)
I was looking through the Fisher Price Cradle n Swing products, and decided on the My Little Lamb "color." I didn't realize that it didn't come with an AC adapter or jack for one. Well, I guess that is my fault. It takes D batteries, and it seems to run forever on them. We have had it running for approximately eighteen hours a day for two weeks, and it is still running well.

The swing and the mobile are both very loud. The mechanics inside the device click and grind, and you can hear them from the other end of the house. I have to max out the music volume just to hear it over the machine. We don't even use the music often, because the swing is so noisy.

Our daughter is only six weeks old and weighs just under ten pounds. Even on the first speed setting, she weighs so little that the swing goes super fast. It looks like an amusement part ride, and she gets scared and cries. We put a blanket over her that reaches down and touches the flood. The added weight of this blanket and the floor contact help keep the swing at a comfortable speed. She'll enjoy the swing and the mobile, and she'll eventually fall asleep happy. She doesn't seem to mind the grinding sound, but we do.

This swing takes up quite a bit of floor space. This is for stability, but it is good to know that it is just over four feet wide and just over three feet deep, once it is set up. The legs collapse to allow you to move it around. That is a real nice feature, because we move it to the living room and the bedroom every day. The swing isn't too heavy; My wife moves it without complaint.

Overall, I say it is average. The swing's footprint can't be helped, because it is for safety. The loud mechanics need to be improved, and a jack for an AC adapter needs to be wired in. The style is nice, the controls are easy, blah blah blah. If it had those two improvements: mechanics and power, it would be an easy five stars. As it stands, I give it three out of five for being useful but average.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just doesn't live up to the original, May 26, 2008
We had the duckie cradle swing (short lived production period) when my son was a baby. That swing put him into a coma for naps from 2 months till 6 months and saved my sanity many times. The only drawback was the battery factor... it chewed through D cells like no one's business. We kept it, hoping for another baby... and ended up with twins.

A friend of a friend lent us her rainforest swing and I was stoked - coma for naps and NO BATTERIES!

Unfortunately it's just not as good as it sounds. It didn't swing as high and it didn't swing as fast ... the mobile was slow, one of the leaves stopped flapping before we got it, and it wasn't in a good spot for baby to even view it ... the seat is different. It's easier to recline and seems more comfy BUT instead of being all one piece that tilts back or forward, only the back tilts or comes forward, which is not so good for a reflux baby - squishes the stomach SLIGHTLY more. (one of my twins we have dubbed "the spit up queen" so I am more attuned to these things than I care to be... it's OK if the back is reclined but not it you try to tilt it up)

Neither of my twins cared for this swing at all - they would sit in it and look bored and then start to fuss and then start to cry until you took them out - they preferred the duckie swing. It worked its coma magic on them just like my son. I ended up buying a used aquarium swing (same concept only with music and lights in addition to the mobile) and they are so much happier. The aquarium swing is rigged up to plug in instead of use batteries so everyone is happy.

Skip the rain forest swing - look for an aquarium or duckie swing. For what it's worth - people are complaining a lot about the rainforest motor dying... my son's duckie swing and the aquarium swing i bought are from 2003 and both are churning away strong as ever - maybe the quality was better then?

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous needs a 5 point harness for safty!, July 22, 2011
This review is from: My Little Lamb (Baby Product)
I will start out by saying that My Husband & I LOVED this swing because our daughter loved it! Just this morning My husbund and myself were horrified at what we saw. I will take you back about a week or two, I noticed that my 3 month old daughter was in her Fisher Price Lil Lamb swing & somehow turned her entire body & yes she was buckeled in!I even took 2 photos to show my husbund who was at work. I just could not believe it & thought this had to be a fluke. After this incident I tightened up staps even more and thougt what are the chances this could happen again. Well it did happen again but this time I was horrified at what happened! After a LONG night of trying to transition my daughter from bassinet to crib we all took naps in the living room my daughter was in the swing & were were right next to her on the couch. we had only been resting maybe 15 minutes when I was woken by my daughters cry I looked at could not believe my eyes! My daughter was literally hanging over the side of the swing her head dangeling toward the hardwood floor! Her waist and legs still straped in! I could not believe my eyes, she was okay thank goodness! Now before anyone jumps to conclusions let me tell you this, the weight limit is 25 lb my daughter is at maybe 13 lb. We were using the staps correctly & the speed was only on the 2nd setting. She cant sit up on her own yet, Thses swings are made so we can do a little house work or make some dinner but how is that possible when this swing is so dangerous! I called the doctor and was told if she is acting fine no worries & then called fisher Price immidetly. I told them just what I have written here & asked why they dont have a 5 point harness. I was told by fisher Price that they will be coming out with a 5 point harness in sept,2011. This made me think we must not be the first family this has happened to. I was also told that if I sent back a few parts the seat cushion & straps, that in six weeks I would get a refund check. I asked what was I supposed to do with the rest of the swing & was told to just throw it in the trash, thats great for our land fills, huh! I would say wait till september and get the one with a 5 point harness. I spent about $150 + shipping for this swing and only used it for 3 months, im just happy my daughter is okay. I also put up a photo I took the first day.

1.0 out of 5 stars Revised review...DANGEROUSLY DEFECTIVE!!!, September 21, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Cradle 'N Swing, Luv U Zoo (Baby Product)
When my 3 yr. old son was a baby we had the older version of this swing (the ocean wonders) and he absolutely loved it! The only downside was how often we had to buy batteries for it, that got to be a little expensive. So when our 6 week old daughter was born we were super excited that this version could be plugged into the wall. Unfortunately the plug in, along with how cute the swing is, seem to be the only good things about this swing. At the slowest setting, it still moves too fast for a newborn. Also, it is really loud, even after separating the legs as far as they'll go. This swing isn't "bad", but it isn't that great either. I recommend that parents shop around before purchasing this swing for their little one.

REVISED on 1/2/12 - Over the weekend my daughter fell asleep in her swing and I went to do some laundry. When I went to check on her about 25 minutes later there was a strong burning smell coming from the motor of the swing and it had completely stopped moving. I immediately unplugged it and took my baby out. When I went to the Fisher-Price website to find their contact info, I read that almost all the the reviews had complained about the motor burning out after about 3-5 months. I am horrified by the strong burning smell and don't want to think about how bad things could have been had I not checked on her when I did. PLEASE do not buy this swing, it is dangerous!

Fisher-Price Cradle 'N Swing, Luv U Zoo