Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Overall, I'm not super impressed with this toy! I've listed the pros and cons below, and although the list looks pretty equal, the pros are minor functions compared to the cons of a long time to assemble. I have a 3 year old and a 16 month old and they really don't seem to care for this toy, which was surprising, but it really doesn't do much other than the balls sliding down the ramps.

PROs
The post lights up and has fun music
It comes with LOTS of balls, so if you lose some you're not frantically looking for something to make the toy work again
It's fun colors
It has a 2 different music volumes so you can turn it down if you find the music annoying

CONs
It takes a LONG time to put together (took me more than 1 hour and I'm good with putting toys together!)
My kids were bored with it after 15 minutes
The toy itself is VERY large and takes up a lot of room (it's about 3 feet in diameter by the time it's all put together)
The balls only can take 2 different tracks, so the limited options, left my kids (3 and 16 months) bored quickly
The "door" they can crawl through doesn't move well and doesn't trigger any music or lights
The music and lights are not always triggered by the balls going through
It's too tall for my 16 month old to put the balls in the top part and The crawl through door is too small for my 3 year old to go through, so it seems like they weren't sure what age/ages they were really making this toy for
on February 6, 2013
This is by far the best toy purchase I have made for my 27 month old son. I was looking for a toy he could stand and play at, that is at his height level, something that is going to keep him active and most of all something stable! He has delays and is not walking yet but can pull up to stand. This toy is by far his favorite!

I love this toy it lets my son and I have fun whilst doing important exercises to build his strength and balance. Our early intervention specialists also love using this toy when they come to our home.

We've had the Ballapalooza since Christmas and he is not bored of it at all. It is the only toy he continually plays with multiple times a day. The music is catchy and he loves dancing to it. It comes with 8 balls which is great since they get thrown everywhere and lost until we find them again.

The ballapallooza is a large toy but it doesn't seem to be to big that it bothers us in our not so large living room. It can also easily be moved from room to room if needed.

Since owning this toy I can see my sons balance and strength whilst standing improving! The Ballapalooza has made our play time together that much more enjoyable!!

From my video you can see that the ballapalooza is very stable and my 2 year old (25 pounds) can pull up to stand, with no problems of the toy tipping over.
on December 26, 2013
We purchased this for my 10mo old for Christmas. He can stand assisted and is starting to cruise along furniture. We also have a 6yr old so you can imagine the toys that are available to our little guy.

Packaging- This is quite a large box. I chose the regular packaging instead of the frustration free packaging. There were three boxes total. The Amazon box, inside that was the suppliers box and inside that was the toy box.

When you open it, there’s a ton of parts, directions and a small packet of screws (which we were missing three). The directions are easy enough to follow but do get confusing towards the end. For some reason they wanted you to put a piece on one side/pole and then switch to the other. Why they couldn’t just have you build the entire ramp on one pole is what I was wondering. I was able to build it in about 30 minutes but I was also doing other things. I wasn’t hard, you just have to pay attention.

Now for the product- This is large, as you can read on other reviews. I’m 5’4” on a tall day and this was quite a bit taller than me when I was sitting. The is an on/off switch that also has two volume levels (thank you manufacturer!) The music is actually decent, compared to other kids toys. It sounds like a musical version of something you’d hear on the radio. The baby loves it and I don’t mind it. (granted We’ve only had it a day) There a multiple balls that come with it, I believe 8. Several are scattered around the house at this point so I can only see 5 on the toy. There’s two different ramps the balls can go down. No matter what ramp they use, they end up collecting on a ramp/tray at the bottom. Very easy to the kids to get to. The yellow thing at the top has a hole on the side to put the ball in and it spits it out onto a “trampoline” that bounces into the tallest ramp. It actually works and the balls end up where they should. I had my doubts and was happy it works. You can also put the balls on this ramp yourself. To those that complain that there’s only two ramps, most kids don’t put the ball at the beginning, they stick the ball wherever they can reach.

There are several things on this that turn the music and lights (lights are on the main post in middle) on when the balls passes by. The balls included are a little heavier than the plastic balls we have for other toys but they all work on this toy (HUGE BONUS!) There is also a gate, a spinny thing (yellow thing on the blue pole) and a “beach” ball with a smaller ball inside that has a bell in it) (6yr old love boxing this and it hasn’t show signs of breaking)

This toy is sturdy enough that my little guy can pull himself up on and it doesn’t wiggle too much.

I’m glad we got this toy and would buy it again. I like to sit down with my boys, I help my baby by showing him where things can go; the 6yr old tries different trick with it.
on December 30, 2012
Fisher Price is a very well known name. With many interactive and fun toys in their product line I was really hoping for something that had some lasting entertaining power. Unfortunately this is not it. As other reviews have mentioned, and I have to agree, this gets old quick. The ball runs down a colorful channel that ends pretty quickly. The 6 lights in red, green, and orange, running down the center post provide some eye candy but nothing fantastic. The overall footprint of this toy is large. Make sure you have the area to place this. Although there are many individual parts it assembles pretty quickly. All you need is a screwdriver / drill. The instructions are well written. This toy is made in Mexico ( as written on the box ) so if your looking for a product made in the USA then look elsewhere. With so many other toys on the market these days that have more learning and entertaining value I can't recommend this product to anyone.
on July 14, 2014
Purchased this for my 10 month old son for christmas. It went together easily after getting it together my husband & I were disappointed at first thinking it would do more for its size. But once my son started playing with it he loved it and we saw the value in it through his eyes. He used it to pull himself up to a standing position. Within a few days he learned how to put the balls in the top & watch them bounce out & go around. He got so much joy out of putting a ball in & hearing the music start playing he loved dancing to the music too. He played with the hanging ball for long periods of time as well. This toy actually helped his development with pulling to standing, letting go to take short steps, bending over to pick up balls & putting them in the shoot. One feature that I love is that it is very sturdy & does not tip easily at all. That has been a huge bonus since my son weights more then the average & has a problem with many things tipping due to his weight & size. It is large but if positioned right in a corner you won't notice it.
on December 6, 2013
First, this thing is huge so I hope your kid has a big room, or you don't mind having it in the middle of the house. My son loves this toy and he has been playing with it for a year now. He now uses the chute as a track for his matchbox cars. We got a lot of use from this. I thought everyone would get totally bored with it after 10 mintues, but no one did.
on September 12, 2012
Set up is a pain, and things don't fit quite exactly right, but once finished it does not matter, and my almost 1yr old and almost 4yr old LOOOVE it! Heck I love it, my husband loves it, it's a super entertaining toy!
66 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2014
Yes, it took a good hour to put together, but this is the price you pay for the thing being quite sturdy. And it is. Which - I think - is important, particularly since the kids will climb into and onto it every possible way.

Yes, it is big, takes up quite a bit of room. I would not recommend this for small apartments. Sorry.

Yes, it 'gets old' quickly. But - at least our son - does go back to it later and plays with it again. And again. And next day again. And again. This is for toddlers, don't forget.

And he loves the music, had learned to turn the switch himself, plays with the switches, tries other balls and items in the chutes, etc. It is a toy he experiments with because it is solid enough. (So that one hour build time does pay off.)

My biggest negative is that the regular price - around $60 - is just too high. I got it he on amazon at a special sale for $30 and woot was selling the other day for that price again. For $30 this is a great toy, for $60, I would think about it twice before jumping.
on January 31, 2014
My daughter (15 mo) *loved* this toy from the start. She was barely tall enough to put a ball in the top chute, but she loved reaching. She grooves to the beat-driven music. She actually started baby beat-boxing and clapping her hands to the music. I wondered if the extra two arms on the side--the green gate and the hanging ball--would be useless, but she loves those, too. She likes to hit the ball like a punching bag, run through the arm, and on the other side, she likes to crawl through the gate. She figured it out on her own. And for some reason, it's actually pretty relaxing and fun to sit there with her and watch the balls roll down the chutes.

The assembly is very easy but takes some time (45 minutes or so for me). It's fairly large and difficult to move to different rooms, too. So far we've only had it about a month, so we'll see if she gets bored with it. If she does, I'm sure we can send it along to another kid who can have some fun with it.
on December 13, 2013
This is the perfect item for our 12 month old girl, who loves to play with the little balls. The height is perfect for her, and she has been playing with it since we got it for her birthday. There are three different places to put the balls inside (think like a marble works toy, just a lot bigger). The balls are just the right size for toddler hands, and they are rigid (not cheap). The little boxing ball that hangs from one of the parts is also a winner. It runs on C cell batteries, so make sure that you have them, and sometimes the sounds and lights do not turn on when a ball is dropped, but that is not a real knock on the toy.

In general my wife and I have changed our toy philosophy to only buy quality over quantity, and this toy is well- designed and constructed. We are very happy with it.

Note: If you order this, be ready to take some time with a screwdriver to put it together. Once it is assembled, also be ready to find a place to put it! It is quite large.