4.0 out of 5 stars Finally Something that hangs on a pack n play!
Published on November 11, 2011 by AmeliasMommy

2.0 out of 5 stars High Hopes were Dashed
Published 16 months ago by LPL Mommy

2.0 out of 5 stars High Hopes were Dashed, October 23, 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Musical Activities Play Wall for Playards (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Baby Product)
I am on my third child and he has a toddler sibling who is not much older than him. I hated that he wasn't able to get as much floor time as his siblings because I had to worry about him inadvertantly getting hurt by his toddler sibling. I've had a pack n play for all 3 kids, but the older two spent very little time in there. I always found them to be pretty constraining in terms of room for them to move around and room for toys. There are plenty of crib toys, but not a whole lot of toys that are specifically for the pack n play. That's why I had such high hopes for this toy, but these hopes were dashed and Fisher Price just didn't deliver on this one.

PROS:
-Placement: It's a toy specifically for the pack n play and it clips along the edge of the pack n play.

CONS:
-Very little activity in this activity mat: The other plastic pieces just dangle. The only piece which plays music or has any interaction with child is the penguin, which is placed at the tope of the mat. My child is 6 months and he already sits up. He's off the charts for height and he still can't reach the penguin. He definitely can't reach the beads. Perhaps it will be better when he can stand, but I doubt it. When they stand, it will be below them. I think Fisher Price didn't think through the placement/layout of this toy and missed an opportunity to deliver a functional toy.

BOTTOM LINE: It's still one of the few products on the market specifically for the pack-n-play so it's not a total waste. I also bought the crab pack-n-play toy and this one is definitely better. I just wish that the Fisher Price or some other toy manufacturer would adopt the kicking chimes or other crib toy for the pack n play.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, February 2, 2012
Caroleena (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
There's not a whole lot to this toy - just some plastic animals hanging off a panel and plastic rings on top. It plays music briefly when the penguin is pulled. My 5 month old was not interested at all. Perhaps this would be better for a baby that is able to sit up and reach more of it, but it doesn't seem to have much to occupy/entertain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally Something that hangs on a pack n play!, November 11, 2011
Years ago playpens had bars that you could strap toys onto... These days once your baby outgrows the bassinette feature (if it even had toys) there is nothing to do but throw toys into the cage so they can play. I just got this as a baby shower gift, and I am very excited! last time around I was not a stay at home mom, and the pack and play hung out in our garage unless we needed it to go spend the night somewhere else. However, our baby sitter used hers for naps and such. This time, I have a 3.5 year old and a two story house, and I plan on using the pack n play A LOT! So I am thrilled to have something that I can attach and might entertain him for a little bit if I need to set him down because with a 3.5 year old there will be a plethora of small chokable objects that must be mitigated. Its about time someone came up with the idea to hook stuff to a pack and play and I hope more manufacturers realize this! I'm giving it only 4 stars because some of the toys (beads along the top) won't be accessable until he can pull up. If it were a bit longer and had more things attached along the bottom, like taggies, then I'd give it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my busy bee busy, October 17, 2012
I originally bought this for my son's play pen and he loved it but now he is older I use it on his crib and he goes to bed playing with it and wakes up playing with it, it is worth buying for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!!!!, April 21, 2012
Nadi85 (Silver Spring,MD) - See all my reviews
I purchase this for my 8 months old,and it works wonders hes entertain for hours which gives me time to do my house chores. Every time he pulls the penguin different music plays, he likes the colors he enjoys looking at it and touching the different animals.... HE LOVES IT!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just ok, October 14, 2013
I have an 8 month old and had been looking for something to keep her entertained while in her pack and play. I was excited when I found this, but disappointed when I actually used it. It is limited, only one toy can be pulled and result in music being played...it's quite boring. Also, when she's not standing there's very little to do with the lower toys and she could not reach the upper toy which plays the music. My solution was to hang extension rings to the top of the music toy so that she could pull it while seated. Also, I hung another musical toy that we already had to the very top and looped it around (there is a circular area within the yellow portion where things can be hung) so that it hung low as well. These two things did add some excitement to the toy, hope this helps. Happy shopping!

FYI please keep in mind that it is not recommended to hang additional toys to this apparatus, so use my advice with caution. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put this in crib, baby loves it, November 1, 2013
My baby loves this. When he gets up in the morning I keep this in his crib so he can play with it (and be occupied) before waking up mommy and daddy, who need another 5 minutes of resting. There's a penguin that when you pull it it will make a sound (hoo hoo ha ha) and usually when we hear that it means our baby is up, it's like our alarm, lol. We've had this for more than half a year and our baby still plays with it before bed or in the morning after he wakes up.

4.0 out of 5 stars It' Ok, April 10, 2013
Amanda Pangborn (Falconer, NY United States) - See all my reviews
It doesn't have much to play with... but it's cute, keeps their attention somehow, and attaches easily to the pack n play.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as fun as I had hoped, February 4, 2013
This is just ok. When placed on the pack n play railing it's too high up for my 9 month olds to reach all the different things to play with. Doesn't really keep them interested. Cute music when they pull the penguin. Nice bright colors. I'm hoping as they get bigger they'll start to enjoy it more.

3.0 out of 5 stars For play after a nap, December 26, 2012
I really like having a play center in my grandson's pack and play...where he naps at my house. It is very sweet, i just wish it did a few more things...