5.0 out of 5 stars Jake toys are the only toys that give us 5 Minutes of Peace!
Jake and the Neverland Pirates is not a series just for Boys. Both of my girls (ages 3 and 5) love it. They run around the house pretending to be pirate princesses and all the other characters all the time. They also love all the toys.

Published on January 25, 2013 by Dre

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty bare bones.
You don't get much with this one. It has the little cannon that's removable (misplaceable), a plank that slides out, a Captain Hook figurine, and two little projectiles. I would like it much more if it at least had a Smee figurine with it (and let's not forget Skully and Bones!).
Published 17 months ago by Sean Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Jake toys are the only toys that give us 5 Minutes of Peace!, January 25, 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Disney's Jake and The Never Land Pirates Hook's Jolly Roger Pirate Ship (Toy)

Hook's Jolly Roger Pirate Ship is a must have companion to Jake's Musical Pirate Ship Bucky. It is sturdy and substantial and can take a beating. It is also super fun for my girls. It comes with Captain Hook and it accommodates extra Jake characters that my girls have collected (or Doc McStuffins, or Strawberry Shortcake, or whoever else wants to go for a boat ride). It has a trap door for characters to fall through. It has a water cannon that is fun and easy to use, but not too dangerous as many projectile toys have been in the past. It is also nice that the water ball projectiles are compatible with all the other cannons on the other Jake toys. There are also plenty of little plastic pegs that go in holes on each characters foot to keep them in place in various parts of the ship. The extra water balls also store neatly right in the captain's quarters. These little features all make for a nice design.

The most amazing part about all the Jake toys is how much my girls love playing with them. The toys keep them entertained for long periods of time. They are the only toys that will keep our 3-year-old out of our hair so we can get a much needed break.

The only negative thing I can say about the Jolly Roger is that is much smaller than Bucky, which isn't the case on the TV Series, but it is much cheaper than Bucky and much bigger than the tiny Hook's Battle Boat, which is way to small to do much with. All that being said, the kids don't even notice.

Long story short, Jake toys are lifesavers in our house by giving our girls hours of fun. We buy all the Jake toys and this one is a must have, especially if you already have Bucky. Five Stars! Highly Recommended!

Here are links to the other Jake toys that we have purchased:
Jake's Musical Pirate Ship Bucky - http://www.amazon.com/review/R1PFE58NJ7J74E/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
Hook's Adventure Rock - http://www.amazon.com/review/R2XX7XMG3EOABA/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
Skull Island - http://www.amazon.com/review/R3QZHEH4747U0M/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty bare bones., August 12, 2013
Probably worth the buy if you're getting the Fisher-Price Jake's Musical Pirate Ship as well, so they can battle each other and whatnot. Just know that this one is considerably smaller than that one.

Note: The projectiles from the other ship are slightly larger than those from this one, and may damage the cannon.

5.0 out of 5 stars a really nice toy and your child will probably like to play with this, January 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Overall, Hook's Jolly Roger Pirate Ship is a really nice toy and your child will probably like to play with this. My son loves these boats. As we also have Jake's Musical Pirate Ship Bucky, I can make the following comparisons:

Pros:

· The cannon on Jolly Roger fires much better than Bucky. By this I mean it will shoot with more power and go farther.
· There is no sound on this boat (that is a very good thing).
· The wheels on the bottom of the boat make it look like it is moving on water when you move it.
· There is a plank that sides out (and into) the boat, so you can make the figures "walk the plank."
· There is a trap door that is on the top deck that brings the figure into the cabin below it.
· Overall, sturdy construction.

Cons:

· Hook's Jolly Roger Pirate Ship is much smaller than Bucky. While smaller isn't entirely a bad thing, the front of this ship looks too small and the figure can barely get behind the cannon as there isn't much room. If the front of the ship were at least 10-20% bigger, it would have looked better. The box for this could have been nearly half it size and still fit the toy.

Mixed:

· The crow's nest is too big. It looks a little funny being so big compared to the rest of the boat. It is cool the cannon can be mounted on the crow's nest. The flag on the crows nest can come off, so there is a chance this part will get lost.

1.0 out of 5 stars Were the designers ever kids?, September 4, 2014
I loved my Fisher-price characters when I was a kid and all the sets I bought for my nieces and nephews throughout the years. I am not sure the current designers were actually ever kids or they would have a better concept of how kids play. For example, I purchased several of the Jake and the Neverland Pirate sets for my niece to give her a few venues, plus a set of seven figurines. Oddly, each of the sets includes a Captain Hook so she now has three of those which makes no sense, plus the figurines all come with a base attached to their feet so they don't really fit that well with the venues and don't match the other two Captain Hooks. Further, the quality of the product seems to have dropped over the years. Captain Hook has an escape hatch on his boat -- one side won't latch and the other side has to be forced open. The pieces that are suppose to move also just don't work that well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool toy but kinda small, December 29, 2012
This pirate ship was a must have for my son due to his obsession with pirate ships. I knew this was going to be small, but it was even smaller than I imagined. I bought some other pirate ships at the same time that I thought would all be about the same size, but they were much bigger. Not a bad deal, however.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas for grandson, December 25, 2013
I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw the size and quality of this item. My 3 year old grandson went absolutely berserk when he opened it, and played with it most of the afternoon. Great price, and this Grandma could not be happier with every aspect of the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars The boys just can't stop playing with it!, February 13, 2013
My two boys love boats, even out of the water. These are sturdy and roll easily on the carpet and hard surfaces. I was surprised by the size, but that is because I did not read the description as carefully as I could have. Would buy it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son Love it, December 30, 2013
My son really like it, I bought a few of the toys for the Jake's Land. (Boat of Jake and Hook + Figurine Set + Magical Tiki Hideout Playset ). He really love all of them. The material is good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, leaves room for the imagination, January 3, 2015
Got it on sale at a brick and mortar store and it was a good deal. Actually picked it because it's medium sized and not full of bells and whistles like the larger Jake ship, which seems to have sounds coming whenever you pressed any of the many buttons. I think the Hook pirate ship leaves more to the imagination. Plus the sail has the skull and crossbones design, which I think looks cooler and could work with any pirate adventures, not just Disney branded ones. My twin three-year olds have been having a great time playing with it.

One big downside to the toy is that the trapdoor is too loose, so if you put any character on it, they fall through. So I used some of the twine that comes from the packaging to stitch the trapdoor together so that characters can stand on top of the trapdoor (it's where the boat's steering wheel is) without falling. I'll gladly trade the loss of the trapdoor function for the ability to pretend to have action figures steering the boat. One other negative is that the cannon shoots hard plastic at a pretty rapid speed, so I had to take away the water darts (or whatever they're called) for the time being to avoid the possibility of my twins getting hurt by them.

4.0 out of 5 stars The fllet has grown, December 26, 2013
Added this to our pirate collection with Buckey and Skull Island. Only issue we have had is the flag on top does not stay in. Will glue it in if I can ever find it again.

$37.18
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.