Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 5, 2013
Best Age: 2-4

Pros:
- Power drill, can go forward and reverse to insert and take out three screws
- Odd shaped hammer, pushes in and pulls out nails (they don't come in/out smoothly)
- Caddy holds drill, screws/nails and hammer (but when drill is placed in caddy, you can't access the handle if bit is in, if out, it is still awkward and unbalanced to carry)

Cons:
- The biggest drawback is there isn't much to do with this toy. You have three screws - that go into the caddy and three nails. You can't build anything with them, and you can only spend so much time drilling the same three screws in the same place. It gets about 5 minutes of action every now and then.

Would I recommend: No. I'd encourage you to save the money you would have spent on this to buy a workshop type toy, with more options for drilling/hammering into different places. This is the kind of toy that collects dust after the initial thrill wears off.

Best use: At a grandparent's house - where it has a small footprint in terms of storing it and would be fun to take out for a few minutes every now and then, instead of something to play with daily.
on June 8, 2010
I'm not into clutter, but my 17 mth old son LOVES to help his daddy with projects in the garage. So, we bought him this drill which is so close to the real deal. HE LOVES IT. Plays with it every single day! Even my husband has told all his friends with youngsters they need this drill!!! It is great for drilling, but also fine motor skill screwing in the screws by hand, and pushing/pulling the nails. My sister is an occupational therapist and she thinks it's a great toy too! I still don't see how this toy is only $13! It's worth every single penny! One drawback, the drill bits do go astray... may be a good idea to buy two of these at this price! ;-)
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2012
My son got this drill for his 2nd birthday. He has an obsession for tools, whether they are plastic or metal. He absolutely LOVES this drill! He takes it everywhere! Before the drill, his little puppy was his sidekick, and he would never leave home without little puppy. Now, it is the drill. We went to Disney World last week (six weeks after he received the drill) and I do not think there is a picture without the drill in it. After the first day I thought the drill would never hold up to him playing with it, but it has. We have had to change the batteries once, but considering how much he is "drilling," i think the battery life is good. And I am amazed at how durable this drill is. I HIGHLY recommend this item!
VINE VOICEon March 2, 2010
Purchased this for my 3 year old for Christmas because he always likes to act like his Daddy. I was drawn to it because of the Fisher Price name and low price-point. The drill and "bits" are contructed of durable plastic and very realistic. There is a small blue handy carrying case that houses all of the pieces. My son played with this for over 30 minutes at a time and attempted to "unscrew" real screws around our home. The set is so realistic that young children will believe it has the ability. I was very happy to see that the drill actually rotated and locked on to the bits.

Highly recommend for younger children that want to feel like Mommy & Daddy making repairs throughout the home. This will keep their little fingers away from your tools!
on July 21, 2010
My two-year-old son was so excited to get this toy for his birthday! He has seen his dad drilling holes to hang pictures and whatnot, and he was fascinated by all the tools my husband has. When we showed him what this toy drill can do, he loved it and wouldn't put it down for the rest of the day! He quickly learned how to use the screwdriver bit to screw in and out the plastic screws and he loves the hammer. He hammers everything in sight! He has already held the end of the screwdriver while holding the trigger(stopping the movement with his hand), and the drill has made a clicking, grinding noise, but then it just keeps on working once he lets go! It comes with two drill bits, 3 screws, 3 nails, a hammer, and a tool box. We have had to change the batteries once already (we've had it for about 2 months), but that's because my son loves it so much, he plays with it all day! If your child loves tools, I would highly recommend this toy!
review image review image
on December 23, 2009
I have been working in our basement and my son has been coming down to 'help Daddy'.

He LOVES the power tools, and hugs the battery drill I use to his chest (minus a bit, and minus a battery pack) as he walks around.

Finally he has his own drill, and he is in love with it.

Comes with two bits, a drill and a Phillips head. I cannot get it out of his hands long enough to show him how to use the second bit yet.

The toolbox has several holes he can 'drill' which is great as well.
on November 23, 2012
My daughter is 2.5 years old and always wants to help fix things around the house. I got her this tool kit so she could "help" Daddy. She loves it. She doesn't use the hammer much, but she loves the drill. My 1 year old son also enjoys the toy. The drill seems to delight him whenever he stumbles across the trigger, and he enjoys chewing on the hammer and hitting it on the ground. All in all, a fun toy for my children. :)
on January 29, 2016
My 2 year old loves his daddy's tools. I bought this for him for Christmas and he loves it! Although he prefers dads real tools he still likes his own. Some days he'll spend all day playing with his tools and won't put them down. He's daddy's little helper and a great one at that! The tools came in a plain jane box with a few pieces to assemble. Please let me know if this review was helpful.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 3, 2016
My three-year-old son loves banging on everything with whatever he can find so I figured, why not get him his own tool set so he can be like Daddy? When I saw this set in a local store, I immediately liked it and ordered it on here because the price was lower at the time.

In the time he has had it since Christmas, he has played with it a lot but not as much as some of his other toys. It's a pretty neat toy and I'm really impressed with the way Fisher-Price has made a tool set that is durable and safe for young toddlers to use! The set comes with a drill, a hammer, three nails (don't worry, they are plastic, big, and won't hurt anybody or anything), three screws (again, same thing), and two bits for the drill. The drill comes ready to use and, like a real drill, you push a button and the bits turn. It's a good size for small hands. There are forward and reverse settings on the drill and it's easy for a young child to switch it themselves. The drill comes with two bits, one is a Phillips head and the other is a drill bit. The three screws actually work like screws and you use the Phillips head bit to get them out of the caddy and put them back in. You can use the hammer to pull up the screws and hit them back into place, just like Daddy's hammer! The caddy comes with enough space to store all of the pieces and it has a handle on it, making it easy to transport. I really like the fact that on the sides there are measurements in inches and centimeters. I measured them and they match up with my measuring tape. The caddy itself measures about 10 1/2 inches long and 7 inches wide. I like that all of the pieces, caddy included, are made of thick, durable plastic and should withstand young children.

Overall, I like this tool set for my son and know he likes it as well. His favorite part is the drill and he will just walk around the house, playing with it. He doesn't play with some of the other parts much but perhaps he will be more interested in them in the future. The drill bit that comes with it really has no use other than just to have it on the drill because it doesn't fit into the tops of the screws. Only the Phillips head bit has any real purpose but my son doesn't seem to mind. Every piece has a place in the caddy and all of the parts are large (the screws and nails measure about three inches long) so it should be safe for young children to use. My husband had to nail some holes in our wall to hang some pictures and it was really cute to see my son get out his tools so he could help Daddy! There isn't a lot you can do with this set alone but it is good for boys and girls so they can have fun with some tools. It is a good, basic set and the product description says children as young as age two can enjoy this so it's pretty safe to use. It could potentially put some nicks in the wall if someone hit the wall hard enough but so far we haven't had that problem. I'd recommend this toy to anyone looking for a tool set for a young child!
on June 10, 2013
My son has loved this toy for the last two years. He is now 4 years old and it is one of his most used toys. And that shoudln't be taken lightly. He almost never plays with toys. There's just something about the drill that makes him feel so special and important. He follows me around the house asking if there is anything I need fixed and then pretends to fix stuff. Great gift!