Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on December 26, 2009
Our 4 year old son received this as a gift, and we were all greatly disappointed. First, you need to carefully examine the picture on the front. The set shows an airplane and a train, which are NOT included in this set. This set includes the airplane track, but what good does this do without the plane? We assembled the kit and next our son was asking where the plane was. So now we are forced to go back out and buy the plane. Then, we discovered that once the pieces are snapped together, the will NOT come apart without some serious work. I needed a set of screwdrivers and pliers to get them apart.

Overall, what we have found with GeoTrax is that no single set does much alone. You need at least 2-3 sets and to also buy some track to get any functionality. We felt that this set was designed to "lure" you into buying more sets to go along with it. In our opinion, this adds up the cost very quickly and we would rather put the money into legos or toys that have more potential uses.
44 comments7 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2008
I too just bought mine for the upcoming holiday and am hoping that the new flying track additions to Geo-Track will also be a huge hit with the next generation ( our youngest is 2 ). It has been the #1 played with toy in our house for the last 2 years when it was given to my now 4 yr. old for his 2nd birthday. As another reviewer mentioned it spans all ages -the big sister who is 9 even joins in. When friends come for play dates it is hard to tear them away. My kids play hard and so far they have yet to break them. The battery powered cars last a fairly long time and the combinations of track systems are endless. Beware that you do need to clear half the room to be able to set these up but they provide hours of enjoyment. They also aren't easy to store. I bought a couple of big tubs that they can be thrown into and that seems to work well.
on December 27, 2009
Toy was O.k. my 3 year old played for a while then became uninterested, to expensive for that.
on May 2, 2010
This barn is better than people are giving it credit. If you have the GeoTrax system, this is a great addition. However, I would get the airport and plane also. Together it is great with the trains. My son loves to have the airplanes and trains going at the same time. You really only need one rc plane. The barn is nice because the train tracks can be added to it. I think it is worth the money if you are a GeoTrax family like we are.
on November 29, 2008
Geo Trax has really impressed me as a well thought out line of product that works with many ages. The rail/road sets were recently played with by a 3yo, 5yo, 6yo, and 10yo at the SAME TIME and that all enjoyed it in their own way.

I hope the new line of "airplane" themed sets is as well crafted and thought through as the road rail. I say "hope" as I have seen them at the store, but the ones I purchased are "do not open until Christmas." I feel save in recommending them, regardless.
on April 1, 2010
I bought the Blast-Through Barn to replace the Fly-By Bridge that I returned. Like the Bridge, the Barn's air-track bends too sharply, causing the plane to get stuck. As with the other GeoAir structures, it's little more than a boring scenic addition (the plane just buzzes around the same circuit of track) that soon becomes forgotten at best or a distraction at worst as it drains batteries. The train components are great, but GeoAir falls short.
on January 11, 2011
Never been as upset with a Christmas toy as I was when I realized that part of the track is so flawed that the airplane gets stuck on a particular spot. How do you explain to a child that his present from santa doesn't work!! To make matters worse I can't seem to find another one. Fisher Price better right this wrong!!
on January 6, 2009
I bought this toy for my 3 year old grandson who LOVES his geotrack. Surprisingly, he hasn't really played a lot with the barn, but he loves to take the plane which can be detached and play with it on it's own. I am actually glad that he uses his imagination more then the prefixed path the plane's track is giving him.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2010
The train does not go around completely it gets stuck in two places and then makes an annoying clicking noise. We have resorted to pushing the train so that it goes all the way around but still the clicking noise which is more than annoying.