Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on April 30, 2014
These skates have some definite upsides. They are adjustable and strap on easily over a child's shoes so that my three year old can do it by herself. The progression of learning is great in theory but turned out not to work for us in practice (see the negatives list). They give enough roll to go a bit without going nearly as fast or smoothly as "big kid" skates, which is good for naturally slowing a beginner down. My daughter uses them on hardwood flooring indoors and is able to navigate reasonably well on them.

The negatives: the biggest one for us is they are extremely loud on the first two settings. They lock the wheels off by using a ratchet inside plastic teeth in the wheels. This means that every revolution of a wheel makes several loud clicks. My daughter is sensitive to loud noises and refused to skate on these by the second day. We had to skip right to the last step so they would stop clicking constantly, negating the whole "progression" reason to buy these ones. The setting for which step slides out of place easily, so these often switch themselves from stage 3 to stage 2, and would easily slide between other stages as well.

Marketing is another negative for me, but doesn't affect my rating of the product itself. I find it miserable that my choices were between Barbie skates or this perfectly good set of gender-neutral "boy" skates. Why couldn't they just come in two non-character, non-gender-specific colors and let kids have their favorite?
on April 30, 2016
Like these, but they switch modes a little too easily. My daughter will be in "Step 1" mode, but the skates will slip into "Step 2" mode while she is skating. Still these are the only skates that I know of that have modes like these so I'll have to deal with this flaw. The skates are VERY sturdy, though. They do make an annoying ringing/rattling sound when skating in "Step 2" mode.
on January 27, 2016
My daughter recently had her 7th birthday at a skating rink, and my 3 year old niece fell in love with roller skating as a result! So when her 4th birthday came up not long after I knew what to get her! And these skates are great! Love that it has the different setting on them, so she can get used to them at her own pace! As opposed to some other toddler skates Ive seen these are hands down the best! She loved them!!
on July 18, 2014
My boys love them. It's all plastice, so you can easily force the skates to move even in locked position if you child is lil heavy and moves alot. It will only move a few click so they wont get hurt, but still...it can move when locked.
on February 19, 2016
Got it as a Christmas gift for my daughter. It's at a great price and along with protective gear and helmet, this gift was her favorite! It has 3 levels for beginners. The kids go slow, so if you want something where your kids take off in skates, this is not for you. But if you are like me who has a cautious kid who is slower in getting the hang of roller skating, then this is a perfect gift.
on December 29, 2015
I got these for my 1yo because I knew if she didn't get a pair with her older siblings all H would break lose. This momma knew best! She loves them! And even though she's too young per their recommendations, the 1 setting is perfect for her since she doesn't actually roll. They seem pretty durable so I'm hoping they stand the test of time because my kids aren't exactly easy on their toys.
on April 13, 2011
My daughter is in love with these skates. She is a size 6 shoe and they fit great on her. We have them locked so she can learn in them and she wants to wear them everywhere....even bed. What a great buy!
on July 10, 2014
I bought these for my friend's three-year-old daughter, and they are a good, safe learning skate for her. She's not quite ready to join big sis, but if she keeps working these skates, she'll be there soon enough. :)
on February 19, 2014
These skates are great. I like that they are very easy to adjust as far as different foot lengths. It is quick and easy to get them on and off AND I don't need to remove my son's shoes.

Also, as advertised, you can choose different levels...let's call it "roll-ability". You can have it some the one adjustment wheel is locked and does not roll. This allows your toddler to pseudo-walk in the skates - I suggest carpet at first. Then you can bump it up to #2 and have it so the adjustment wheel ONLY rolls forward, but not backward. When they are ready, you can allow all of the wheels to roll. Awesome!

My son was about 2 when he first tried them and he loved them. He (with some assistance) was just walking/skating back and forth on our carpeted hallway. He had a blast! I can't say he was as enthusiastic about the pads I had him wear, but that will come with time - maybe.

I also purchased the following pads after doing a little research. Wrote a review on them as well.
Rollerblade Junior Bladegear XT Protective Gear (3-Pack), Black, XX-Small
on January 15, 2016
Bought these for my son for a christmas present, and they couldn't wait to try them out around the house. It will take him a while to get the hang of it, but I remember having these when I was a kid so I am glad that I can share some of my childhood with him. They seem to be in good durable quality. No pieces have cracked or fallen off, with boys and their destructive ways I don't expect things to last long in this house, but these look like they will hold up. This came quickly and just as expected.