Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on January 17, 2012
There is a warning about small parts being a choking hazard. I guess that is a standard disclaimer to avoid being sued, because there aren't any small loose parts on this trike after it is put together. Putting it together was pretty easy and took about 20 minutes. The assembly instructions and diagrams are very clear and appear to be written by a person who speaks English as their first language. The only tools you'll need for assembly are a rubber mallet and a #2 Phillips screwdriver. A regular hammer (or even a rolling pin) and a #1 Phillips would also work. They include an extra compression fitting for the rear hub. That leads me to believe that people were wrecking the compression fittings during assembly and it is easier and cheaper for the Fischer Price to just include an extra one than to deal with the customer complaints and sending out replacements. I think this is a smart move on their part as it can be pretty easy to wreck them if you don't have them lined up straight when you pound them on to the ends of the axle. That is the most critical part of the assembly. Just make sure the fitting is square to the axle and pound it down straight and you should be good to go.

As others have mentioned, a two-year old child is not going to be able to reach the pedals. The "Grow with me" aspect is kind of a joke. The seat only has two positions an inch apart and the pedal extenders only add another inch, so that gives a total of 2" of adjustment. At the closest setting, the distance from the middle of the seat to the pedal (at the farthest point) is 21". If your child's legs are shorter than 21" measured from the outseam from the top of their hip to the sole of their foot, they aren't going to reach.

The trailer hitch on the rear is a nice touch. I bought this for my 4 year old daughter so she could help out on the farm clearing trees in the back lot. I haven't been able to find any trailers from Fischer Price that would use the hitch, so I welded a smaller hitch pin onto an old lawn tractor trailer I had out in the shed that would fit through the hole on the trike. I cut the trees into logs then load them up in the trailer so she can haul them over to her 6 year old brother who runs the log splitter that is connected to the PTO on the John Deere tractor. There isn't much traction on the front wheel at all (particularly in wet grass) so she mostly has to push it along with her feet. I rated this trike a 5 for educational because it teaches her the value of HARD WORK.
22 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2010
When my daughters started walking into our neighbor's garage and pulling out thier tricycles I knew it was time to do something. But money being tight these days, I knew we couldn't afford the $200 tricycles for my twin daughters. The Grow With me Trike was an instant hit since we put it together. And now, they love to ride their trikes every day. At 2, and at varying heights, my girl's feet still don't hit the peddals. But that still doesn't stop them from using thier feet to get them where they are going while they get cooridanated enough to steer even with the peddle extenders.

Note: We put the seats on too far back and had to adjust them to the shorter settings. The instructions aren't clear, but all you have to do is pinch the seat hook (I used a pair of needle nosed pliers) and it comes right out.
on January 30, 2010
We gave our two children each one of these for Christmas. We really struggled to find something that would work for them as they are both very tall. They are 2 and 4, so we wanted something they could grow with also. The seat is adjustable and there are pieces for the pedals to extend them higher. Our two-yr-old just rolls around using his feet and the four-yr-old can pedal, but it works well for each of them. And for the price, you cannot beat the value.
on December 10, 2010
We bought the trike for our 3 year old granddaughter who was coming to visit us. We get to see her occasionally so I didn't want to spend a lot of money but wanted a trike for her to ride for the week she spent with us. She loved riding it on the sidewalk as did her 5 year old brother. They had a great time out of doors with it. Traction was not good in the house. Hopefully she will be back to ride it again before she outgrows it.
on June 1, 2013
Pretty solid for a plastic toy, reasonable to assemble. The only issue is that it is so light that the plastic main wheel loses traction on many surfaces and slips when the rider pushes on the pedals - frustrating when you can't get going.
on December 26, 2009
This trike is easily put together and very durable. I like how the size is adjustable.

My daughter doesn't quite reach the pedals yet. She is almost 23 months, and in the 75th precentile for her height, so I figured she might fit since its 2 yrs and up. She still manages to scoot around on this trike.

Love it!
on February 6, 2010
We purchased this for our 2 yr. old granddaughter who has the ability to ride a trike but the pedals are not close enough. This trike was perfect for her to learn how to pedal and it can literally grow with her. Very sturdy and well built. Would definitely recommend. Good for inside or outside.
on February 27, 2014
I bought this for my 18 month old daughter for Christmas. Her brother is a year older and cruises around on his trike and she was wanting to join in. The age range in from 2-5 years. My daughter is big and tall for her age, so I assumed that it would fit her or almost fit her. It doesn't. She is about to turn two and she can't reach the pedal on the shortest setting. My son (38 inches/ nearly 3) can't reach the pedals. She can reach and pedal on her brother's huffy spiderman bike. Honestly, this trike doesn't make a bit of sense. It seems brilliant, but they should have made the seat come closer on the shortest setting and when an older child, around 5, uses it at the tallest setting their knees hit the bars. What is the magic age of child that can ride this?? The price is great, but spend $20 more for one of the Huffy fold up trikes. They are brighter, easy to pedal, and my almost 2 year old (34 inches) and almost 3 year old (38 inches) ride it easily and frequently.
on January 17, 2011
This is a great product, excellent value & durability. My daughter was overjoyed to receive it for Christmas & rides it every day. She's 2 1/2 & uses the additional pedal covers which came with the tricycle so that it just fits her & should continue to for another year or two. Her older cousins love it too, boys who are 3 & 4. Its getting plenty of wear but is holding up just great.
on January 25, 2016
This bike is really cute and is easy to put together. I like that it has the extension pieces on the pedals, too. The only thing that surprised me is how tall it is! My daughter is 2 and regular height for her age but she can barely reach the floor, and still cant reach the pedals even with the extenders on. It's not too big of a deal because I know she'll grow into it. I really like this bike and I think she's going to be able to use it for a few years!