1,012 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it a chance
I bought this bubble mower for my three-year-old son. He was so excited that he had me wedge the big box on the floor in front of his seat so he straddled it for the half-hour ride home. Of course, we assembled it the moment we arrived home.

Published on April 17, 2006 by C. Lane

1.0 out of 5 stars It Doesn't Work
Published on July 7, 2006 by Mariah's Mom

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it a chance, April 17, 2006
This review is from: Fisher-Price Bubble Mower (Toy)

At first, it didn't blow bubbles, it just sputtered them in the wheel with the holes. We tried it many times (took way more than twenty steps - more like two hundred) and I noticed bubbles were trying to form but then they'd pop immediately. I re-read the directions several times. Fisher-Price is a trusted company and I was sure they wouldn't manufacture a toy that really didn't perform. I was getting pretty upset and my son was very disappointed. As a last resort, I took the mower and rinsed the bubble solution out and replaced it with a different brand of bubble solution. I almost didn't do it because I thought there was no way the 'engine' could be clogged - it was brand new!

But it worked. Now my son pushes it only ten steps or so and it starts spitting out groups of bubbles just like the picture on the box. Apparently, it was the original bubble solution that caused the 'malfunction'.

The solution I switched to was the huge 100 ounce Miracle Bubbles from Wal-Mart. But, even with this, you must be careful that the mower doesn't get shaken around a lot because if the bubble solution becomes foamy it will not blow bubbles. It does seem to take normal walking around very well.

I hope this solution works for anyone else who bought this mower. It's really cute and my son loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars FOUND THE SOLUTION FOR ALL THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS!, November 5, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Bubble Mower (Toy)
Gazillion Bubbles Solution. Buy it, refill it, seriously, it's a huge difference.

This item had such mixed reviews I was very timid about buying it but I had to try. I have two boys, one that's almost 2 yrs old and one that's 3. They both LOVE bubbles so much! The 3 year old has autism and it is very hard to direct him. You can not teach him to use something, you can't make him look at something you point out, he doesn't speak, you can't communicate at all, trying to teach him to do even the most basic things, even just to use a toy how its supposed to be used is almost impossible. So I'm constantly looking for ideas to work around his complicated ways like using something he's totally enamored with like bubbles and get him to realize that he had to push the mower if he wanted to see his bubbles. I had the same problem as most others, you have to get the speed of it just right if you want to get any bubbles at all (and that's still not much)or else most of the bubbles just pop before they make it out. I have done so much reading about all the different bubble products out there and had determined that the reviews were unanimous, Gazillion Bubbles was apparently the best solution out there so I bought the cheapest size per oz at the time, the 64oz. for refills. I dumped the crap that fisher price sent and replaced it with Gazillion and BAM... we were bubblelin all over the yard! The kids had a blast. The Gazillion Bubbles isn't that expensive, same price range as all of the ones on amazon, cheaper than many of them and it really makes a HUGE difference. Hope this helps someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars dilute the bubbles, March 2, 2006
This review is from: Fisher-Price Bubble Mower (Toy)
for better bubbles, either dilute them, or simply make your own using dish soap, it works alot better, we had the same problem as everyone else-then we tried this

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for your buck!, August 30, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Bubble Mower (Toy)
We never did get the bubbles to work, but nearly 4 years after we purchased this toy it is STILL something our children play with nearly every day. We oroginally purchased it when our oldest child was 1. After a few years it was gradually passed down to our 2 year old and I'm sure our baby will be toddling around behind it in no time. In the summer, they mow their little hearts out in the yard. In the winter, they bring it inside and mow the carpet. It is hands-down the best toy we've ever purchased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Try it again, May 1, 2006
This review is from: Fisher-Price Bubble Mower (Toy)
We just bought this toy for our 22 month old she loves pushing it all around and she loves the sound it makes, but there is no bubbles!!!! I went online to see if anyone else had this problem or it was just our individual toy, and read a review that suggested washing this toy out and changing solution. It works, with in 10 steps the bubbles started to come out just like on the picture. Its a very fun toy and my daughter loves it. Thank you for the suggestion.

1.0 out of 5 stars It Doesn't Work, July 7, 2006
Mariah's Mom "gemilagl" (Detroit, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Bubble Mower (Toy)
Like most everyone else, my son's mower doesn't blow bubbles either. My husband and I both read the directions, held the bottle down for (our instruction book says 15 seconds) the right amount of time and nothing. I rinsed the mower out and tried again but still nothing. We have used up all of the supplied solution. I even put some "homemade" solution with dish soap and rolled it in my living room and still no bubbles. I, too, was told by Fisher Price to take it back. I just exchanged it for a second one today. We will try it out tomorrow. I may try my daughter's Gymboree bubble solution (Bubble OOdles) in it-that stuff makes the best bubbles I have ever seen- if the supplied one doen't work again. I will update if I can get this new mower to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy even without the bubbles, June 27, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Bubble Mower (Toy)
We bought this for our daughter when she was about 2. She is 3 1/2 now and still loves it. We could not get the bubble part to work. I have to admit I lost interest trying to figure it out pretty quickly, because my DD did not seem to care or notice at all. And honestly I could do without the mess and refilling.

The bubble container is still in place empty and she play-pretends to fill it up with gas. This is still a really fun toy, she likes to run around with it in the yard and mow the lawn just like Daddy. The dials click and it feels real to her. This is a classic, it does not need a gimmick like bubbles.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Favorite Toy!, September 1, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Bubble Mower (Toy)
This was my 2 year old sons favorite toy for a solid year. It didn't matter that we wouldn't add bubbles - he loved pushing it inside or outside or following his daddy around the yard. This is a must-have toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it!!!!, June 27, 2007
This review is from: Fisher-Price Bubble Mower (Toy)
We got this for our son about a month ago, and it is by far his favorite toy! He is constantly "mowing" the house, and loves to take it outside and "help" his dad mow the lawn. I don't know if the bubbles work or not, because after reading the reviews we decided not even to try them, but that has made no difference in how much this mower is used and loved! It makes a wonderful engine sound, has very fun levers and nobs to use, and is very sturdy. It moves easily, even on long grass, and doesn't tip over while it is being pushed, as I've read in reviews that some other mowers do. I would buy this mower again in a heartbeat. Well worth the money, bubbles or not!

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of fun!, July 23, 2009
This review is from: Fisher-Price Bubble Mower (Toy)
This is a really cute, fun toy. I find all the discussion about this toy hilarious. I think some people must just not read the directions about priming the tubing. The very first time you put in the bubble stuff, you have to push down on the container to get rid of the air in the tubing. I bought this for my 3-year-old and he loved it. He pushed it all around the yard making bubbles. Even my 6-year-old wanted a turn pushing it around. I would say that it was good for ages 2 through 5 (or maybe even 6). I almost didn't get it when I saw how many people had trouble with it -- but I think that most of them are probably just not priming the tube the first time. (Just read the directions!)

Fisher-Price Bubble Mower