5.0 out of 5 stars The boy's "motorcycle"
Published on April 7, 2011 by Margaret Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Toy, but some minor "flaws"
I purchased this toy for my 2.5yo because we bought him a bigger bike and he wasn't tall enough to use it (plus he hasn't quite figured pedaling out yet).

Published on June 14, 2012 by SellinStuff

5.0 out of 5 stars The boy's "motorcycle", April 7, 2011
My son calls this his motorcycle (well, it is a Kawasaki, right?). First off... he is very hard on toys! So far the only thing that is suffering on his bike are the stickers. He is only 35" tall and he cannot really peddle the bike just yet. He scoots and knows his feet are suppose to be on the peddles. He does get a little frustrated but I swear that if we had gotten this when he was younger (he's 2) he would have never learned to walk because he's been riding it since his first diaper change this morning.

This is just a bike and it does not make any special sounds, requires no batteries, nor is there much distraction with flashy characters and massive decoration. Putting it together requires a hammer and a screwdriver. The hammer is very important because the rear wheel assembly is very tight. It wasn't greatly difficult but you did have to make sure you followed the instructions on this one. We put it together in 10 or 15 minutes. Probably 15 since the boy was trying to help. The space under the seat is actually pretty big. He has a play phone he keeps in it plus his cheerios cup and a sippy cup can fit. So far so good... but we did just get it. If it breaks I'll update this with a time of how long it lasted.

UPDATE! 04.03.2013

We just now passed this tricycle on to another little boy. At 4 years old my boy is now on a real bike and we just didn't need this one. It looks exactly as it did when we got it with only slight wear on the stickers. It was left out on our patio in the hot morning sun, rain, sprinklers, cold and such. It showed no fading nor brittleness of the plastic after nearly 2 years. Woohoo!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Toy, but some minor "flaws", June 14, 2012

Regarding the child's size... my son is 38" tall at 2.5yo, he's about 30lbs, long legs and arms. If your child is SHORTER than this, he/she will be able to push with their feet no problems. When my son uses his feet to push him along, he hits the back wheels and it "jolts" a lot, but he can move it, he figured a way to take shorter steps.

Regarding the "slipping" of the wheels... yes, the wheels do slip; however, if you use it on the sidewalk a few times and the wheels get a little "rough" it seems to not slip as much, but its not enough to deter the child from using the pedals. An older kid rode the bike and it slipped a little for him going up a hill, but on the flat parts it didn't. My son of course tried it on the hardwood floors and it slipped BIG TIME.

Regarding the construction... I was able to put it together by myself in about 20-25 minutes, but I do read the instructions. I recommend putting the "seat" on AFTER you put the handles on... the angle of the screwdriver isn't "steep" enough when the seat is there, I had to put the seat part up in order to keep from stripping the screw. When putting the back wheels together, DEFINITELY have something "hard" under the opposite wheel when putting the little metal caps on. You definitely need a hammer, unless you are REALLY strong, but I still recommend the hammer.

Regarding tipping... we tried to "tip" it with our fingertips w/o my son on it and the front wheel turned ALL the way to the side and it didn't tip. My son rode it down a small hill, feet up (not on the pedals), and went to stop with his feet and almost tipped over. So, does it tip easily simply by riding it "correctly" no, not that I've seen (I think the weight in the back wheels keeps that from happening), but DO make your child wear a helmet in case they decide to do crazy things on it! :) Its low enough to the ground that if it does tip they shouldn't get TOO hurt, but you definitely don't want them bonking their head!

Overall the toy seems to be good construction, easy to put together, and fun for the kids, but you as the consumer need to be aware of your CHILD (their height, weight, and action on the bike).

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Trike Out There!, June 28, 2011
We bought this trike for our 2-year-old for his birthday because he LOVES motorcycles. He calls it his motorcycle bike and rides it everywhere. It has been on dirt, gravel, grass, and of course, the sidewalk. The pedals are a little far out, but he can push it with his feet. He is pretty rough on it, he loves to go fast and turn corners even faster, but it has only tipped on him once. I don't think any bike could have withstood that turn :) The tires, pedals, and all parts have withstood his craziness amazingly well. It was pretty easy to assemble and well worth the purchase. We thought about getting him a radio flyer, and he ended up getting one from grandparents, but we all like this one better. The Radio Flyer tips fairly easily and he still can't reach the pedals on that one, but it's also higher so he can't push himself quite as well with his feet, either. This is THE trike to purchase-it will be well worth your money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trike, March 7, 2011
This is a great little trike. I bought for my friend's 3 year old and he absolutely loves it. It was the first present he wanted to unwrap and play with. It is very easy for him to cruise around on. I also like how there is a compartment under the seat where you can store stuff. It is a great buy and a super price. Would definitely recommend this trike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality Trike, August 16, 2011
Sheetal R Jain (Womelsdorf, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thomas the Train Tough Trike (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 year old son and this is of a very nice quality and I highly recommend this toy. While the manufacturer recommends for kids 24 months and older, my 2 year old son who is quite tall (3 feet, 95th percentile) can just reach the pedals and it will be few more inches of growth before he can pedal the trike.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big for my 3 year old, January 9, 2014
I bought this for my then 2 year old but his legs weren't long enough to reach the pedals. Now that he's 3 years old I would think that it wouldn't be a problem but it still is. My son is of at least average height for his age so I don't see what the problem is.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big for 24 months, nice otherwise, July 14, 2011
Taylor (Salt Lake City, UT United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my daughter who turns 2 this week. She is in the 90th percentile for height and she can't reach the pedals and has to stretch for the handlebars. She tries to use it as a scoot toy, but the rear wheels are in the way so she just runs over her heels. The advertised age ranges say 2-5 years, but based on my experience it is going to be more like 2.5-3.5 years old. 2 is too small, and a 4-5 year old would be way to big.

The trike is actually pretty decent, It seems pretty tough and well built, although the rear wheels have a little more side-to-side play than I would like. My daughter loves the look of the thing even though she can't really ride it yet. The assembly was not a challenge, but more involved than I thought it would be (plan on 20-30 minutes) and required a philips screwdriver and a hammer. The stickers did not go on well but that is probably my fault.

So I would have given this 4-4.5 stars if it was about 25% smaller or my kid was 25% bigger. As is, I am a bit frustrated that the age ranges seem to be rather optimistic and my child won't be able to enjoy it this year. I may see if it is returnable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Trike for my 2 1/2 year Old!, April 29, 2011
When I was looking for a trike for him, I looked for a long time and found this cool looking Kawasaki Motorcycle Trike. I got it on sale for $27, so I felt pretty lucky. It is very durable and can hold up to my rough little guy's hard play habbits. He loves it! Absolutely loves it! He is 36 inches long and cannot quite reach the pedals, but he rides with foot power and wants to ride it every day. This toy looks sharp and is well made. I cannot believe the quality for the price paid. I would have paid more for it. I wanted to get him something like a big wheel, but his size. I wanted a toy that would encourage excercise instead of the battery operated vehicles. This was perfect! I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Durable, April 11, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Tough Trike (Toy)
I previously owned a Fischer-Price Tough Trike and recently purchased two more for the annual Bring Your Own Big Wheel event held every Easter in San Francisco, CA.

I am a 185lb 6'2" adult and I can attest that this is the sturdiest trike your are going to find commercially available. I rode this trike down a steep, windy hill 6 times, exceeding speeds of more than 25 miles per hour and it held up wonderfully. The way the seat is attached is a big flimsy, so it has a tendency to come off, but frame is solid and the wheels stay on. At this sort of event that is the exception and not the rule.

Highly recommended for all ages.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flaw in seat design, November 13, 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Thomas the Train Tough Trike (Toy)
Bike Seat has defect in Seat design it comes out every time you open the seat. Kids can not able to put it back and need to come to adult. It is frustrating to keep fixing again and again. Avoid this item as it has design flaw.

Rate and Discover Movies