Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on September 13, 2010
This is our third Imaginext product. (We have the research boat and the fire house) What is most impressive to me is the quality of the product -- nothing has fallen off or apart. They are just "solid". We have 2 boys ages 24 mos and 5. The figures and buttons that control things are just the right size for little hands. Our little one just got this plane for his birthday and now I think I will one of the other planes for the older son's wishlist for Christmas. My only beef with Fisher Price/Mattel is that they don't have a wider variety of Imaginext products, such as for police, rescue, or other real-world people-- we are not into the licensed items like Batman or the sci-fi dragon stuff.
on July 14, 2010
Imaginext toys are by far the best toys I have come across for male children 3+.
The Tornado Sky Racer made my grandson happy as a clam. He loves playing with these toys and because of that I look for Imaginext toys first, before considering anything else. Kids lose interest in electronic toys very quickly. Imaginext toys allow them to use the brains.
on July 14, 2011
My mom got three other airplanes in the series for my 3 boys, ages 2, 5, & 7. They liked them so much that she got this one and another one for the younger two when my dad got an RC helicopter for the 7yo.

I was amazed and delighted to see what are clearly Dieselpunk-style toy airplanes, looking for all the world like they could have been inspired by the game "Crimson Skies" and the movie "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow".

More importantly, my kids absolutely love them. I can't remember when they've all been so taken by toys. It was adorable to see my 2yo "fly" his around by holding the two wingtips! And when it was naptime for him several hours after they opened them, he fell asleep clutching his tightly.

This one, "Tornado Prop", has a cool feature that isn't obvious from the pictures: You press the large red side lever repeatedly, and the propellers thrust in and out and spin faster and faster.

Like all Fisher-Price toys I've seen, these are very durable; probably impossible for any kid to break accidently. And very well-designed overall.

These are very special toys. If I had the money I'd buy a complete set or three and put them in storage. I think these will be valuable someday.

Each of the 6 have design details that unequivocally evoke a real WWII airplane:
#3, "Twister Jet": Messerschmitt Me 262
#4, "Flying Tiger": Curtiss P-40 Warhawk
#5, "Tornado Prop": Consolidated B-24 Liberator
#6, "Twin Eagle": Lockheed P-38 Lightning
#7, "Sea Stinger":, Vought F4U Corsair
#8, "Windscorpion": Consolidated PBY Catalina
(#1 and #2 are the small planes that come with the aircraft carrier; I'm not sure if they're intended to evoke any particular real plane)
on July 1, 2011
I bought this toy for my son's second birthday and he has a lot of fun with it. It has lots of moving parts to play with without making much noise. The opening bay on the bottom is a bit stiff and he isn't quite strong enough to open it by himself, but he is younger than the intended range - so I wouldn't hold that against the toy. Only (minor) downside is the wheels on the bottom don't readily snap into place - so it isn't very easy to taxi the plane around. Still, a really cute toy and fun for little boys!
on December 16, 2010
This toy is great. My boys love it and play with it often. That being said this is a terrible price for this. We purchased at Toys-r-us for about $10.00
on December 21, 2010
My son got this toy for his birthday. It is a GREAT toy. He is three-years-old and loves it. Even my nine and seven year olds think it is a cool toy. I have nothing but great things to say about the toy. My problem is with the Amazon vendor Kendal's Kloset. I added this plane to our wishlist at a price of $14.99. The next day, Kendal's Kloset changed the price from $14.99 to $39.50. My in-laws, not knowing what the price should have been, ordered it. So my in-laws got duped by theis price gouging seller, and paid $39.50 for an airplane that is widely available in stores for $14.99. Shame on you Kendal's Kloset!!! Taking advantage of people is unethical and I will NEVER be ordering from you again!!!
on May 27, 2011
Imaginext products are aptly named. They really do encourage imaginative play. My 3yo son adores his Imaginext toys and this prop plane is one of his favorites. He can easily make the two front propellers spin by pushing the red lever in the back of the plane. He holds the plane and runs around the house and pretends to make the plane fly through the air. The end of the wings fold up and down and the wheels fold in and out. Plus, a red button on top of the plane opens the cargo doors on the bottom of the plane and releases a small, orange rescue craft. The plane comes with a positionable pilot action figure. I highly recommend this plane, for its durability and its imaginative play potential. Best of all, the toy doesn't require any batteries!
on October 19, 2012
My autistic son is incredibly sensitive about getting haircuts. They are a torment to him and have been since his first one. One mother, having pity on me as I battled to keep him still for his latest trim, encouraged her son to let mine hold his Imaginext Sky Racers Tornado Prop. Immediate distraction! My son was fascinated by the turning propellers, the opening doors of the cargo hold, and all the moving parts. Best of all, the toy was rock-solid in the rough hands of an excited little boy who couldn't help but yank on all those parts. As soon as I got home I ordered this very same plane and kept it hidden until the next haircut. Again, my son was riveted by it and sat quietly for the most part during the torture of his trim. He actually looks forward to getting in the barber's chair now so he can play with his plane (which only comes out for these occasions). Great construction to stand up to my little guy, and endless fun.
VINE VOICEon January 2, 2014
Great addition to the set this one has a rescue feature that gets it rave reviews from my kids. You can "drop" a basket out of the belly of the plane and then use a hook to go and pick it up after the pilot (or animal, or treasure et al) are ready for transport. Tons of fun!

The basket is a bit flimsy and needs some adult or older kid repair work every so often and it's a tight fir for the pilot but it does work. My kids have no interest in the moving propellers. Great plane, highly recommend this series from Imaginext!
on February 4, 2013
This toy looks like it would be lots of fun. The spinning props were a a plus. Unfortunately mine was broken in the box (one prop didn't spin) and I had to send it back. It was at Christmas time, and this toy must have been in high demand, because when I wasn't allowed to simply exchange it and had to get a refund and re-order. But when I went back to re-order, the price had tripled so we chose a different toy.

Other Imaginext planes we've had have been fairly durable and I'm sure we would have liked this one, but we never got a chance to play with it.