5.0 out of 5 stars Wow -- Dieselpunk Toy Airplanes for Kids!
My mom got this and two other airplanes in the series for my 3 boys, ages 2, 5, & 7. I was amazed and delighted to see what are clearly Dieselpunk-style toy airplanes, looking for all the world like they could have been inspired by the game "Crimson Skies" and the movie "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow".

More importantly, my kids absolutely love them. I...
Published on May 17, 2011 by Greg J. Lovern

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay - go for 3 years & under
Published on January 6, 2012 by dperry29

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow -- Dieselpunk Toy Airplanes for Kids!, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Sky Racers Sea Stinger (Toy)

More importantly, my kids absolutely love them. I can't remember when they've all been so taken by toys. It was adorable to see my 2yo "fly" his around by holding the two wingtips! And when it was naptime for him several hours after they opened them, he fell asleep clutching his tightly.

Like all Fisher-Price toys I've seen, these are very durable; probably impossible for any kid to break accidently. And very well-designed overall.

These are very special toys. If I had the money I'd buy a complete set or three and put them in storage. I think these will be valuable someday.

Each of the 6 have design details that unequivocally evoke a real WWII airplane:
#3, "Twister Jet": Messerschmitt Me 262
#4, "Flying Tiger": Curtiss P-40 Warhawk
#5, "Tornado Prop": Consolidated B-24 Liberator
#6, "Twin Eagle": Lockheed P-38 Lightning
#7, "Sea Stinger":, Vought F4U Corsair
#8, "Windscorpion": Consolidated PBY Catalina
(#1 and #2 are the small planes that come with the aircraft carrier; I'm not sure if they're intended to evoke any particular real plane)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for airplane lovin' kids, January 15, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Sky Racers Sea Stinger (Toy)
My son got this for Christmas and here it is almost a month later and he is still carrying this thing (and the other imaginext sky racers) around everywhere. It's been dropped a few times and still is in great condition. Great toy. We love imaginext.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay - go for 3 years & under, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Sky Racers Sea Stinger (Toy)
I bought this plane and the tiger plane for my 4 1/2 year old and 3 year old respectively. This plane (the Sea Stinger) is definitely the better of the 2, since it can shoot little (harmless) darts out of the propeller. but overall, it seemed to be too young for my 4 year old. Maybe it'd be better if you had a kid that liked to zoom around various objects - this would be great for that. My kids lost interest pretty quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute, March 19, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Sky Racers Sea Stinger (Toy)
this was a stocking stuffer for one of my kids for christmas. i thought the toy was cute but i had no idea it would be one the favorites. my kids love these (i bought three planes) and they play with them often. its been several months since they received them and they have held up very well...it is impressive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Four-year-old loves it!!, November 26, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Sky Racers Sea Stinger (Toy)
I got this toy for my son when he turned 4, along with another plane from the same series. They've gotten many hours of playtime already. Even my husband loves playing with them, LOL! We're coming back to grab another plane to add to the set this holiday season.

4.0 out of 5 stars So Cute!, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Sky Racers Sea Stinger (Toy)
My two year old loves this toy. He had no trouble coordinating the missile launches himself and, when not using the missiles with the plane, he enjoys running around with them. Why? Who knows? But it makes him happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars love, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Sky Racers Sea Stinger (Toy)
we love imaginext products for our son....they take a beating but still work. And no batteries involved is a huge plus.

4.0 out of 5 stars little bro., March 13, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Sky Racers Sea Stinger (Toy)
My little brother owns this toy, and it is a step up from a toy from McDonalds. And the price says so. I would not reccomend the toy for 4 year olds or under. The toy isn't that durable! The propeller never sticks or falls off by itself. Neither do the wheels and the little man goes in and out pretty easily. This toy is a good one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Sky Racers Sea Stinger (Toy)
These Imaginext toys are so very well made and durable. They are big enough and detailed enough to hold the child's interest, without being overdone or hard to manage. Though they are geared for the younger crowd, they do not look like baby or toddler toys. The looks and features are appealing to them and look more like big boy toys, yet are absolutely perfect in every way for the younger ones.

We bought several of these at Christmas time for seven bucks and under and I, nor the boys could be any more happy with them. They are definitely toys that will last for years without breaking or falling apart in anyway. Very age appropriate for 2-9 years old. After that, I'd think they'd be ready to move onto something a little more advanced or feature packed.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, February 23, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Sky Racers Sea Stinger (Toy)
fun little plane, my son loves that it shoots out something and that is his favorite part and the only reason he plays with it, its held up so far being tossed and thrown around.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›