4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!!!
This is a great toy but the price from this seller is insane!!! Toys r us is much much cheaper.

The Good:
* It is pretty large which makes it great for two little ones to play with it at the same time
* The sound effects are realistic
Published on August 25, 2009 by The Walkers

3.0 out of 5 stars Little to the Imagination
I purchased this this toy for my 4 year old thinking it was a great selection, as we play a great many games of make believe. I thought adding "props" to our make believe games would be more fun. The space shuttle is interesting. It has great sound effects. The space station adds another dimention, but has limited mobility.

However, after purchasing this as...
Published on February 9, 2012 by Ty Provoost

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!!!, August 25, 2009

The Good:
* The sound effects are realistic
* Durable - with a 3 and 4 year old it has mantained working order. Though the front closure on the shuttle sometimes gets popped off from pressure if it is left upon upon play.
* It lights up... what little guy doesn't like that!
* Lots of places on the shuttle to stick little figures.. only wish it came with more than 2!

The Bad
* The sound effects are loud... almost offensive but not fully blow your ears out... but close!
* Not enough men and such to it. This big station and ship and only 2 little men and an alien... needs more!
* It is hard for our boys (3 & 4) to put the shuttle on its little holder. Not really a fault of Fisher Price... not alot of options to have a base that holds it into place

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Space Shuttle and realistic sounds..., August 5, 2009
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Space Shuttle and Tower (Toy)
My son got this for his 4th birthday and absolutely loves it. He picked it out himself. It lights up like a real space ship would, it has realistic sounds when it's docking or taking off. It is very durable and just a wonderful addition to any imaginext set. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys playing with the Imaginext toys. We have so many Imaginext items and they are all built so well. They even have some girly Imaginext-like people by Fisher Price now=)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ohh the fun we can have with Imaginext..., December 30, 2009
T. Distaso (North of Boston) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Space Shuttle and Tower (Toy)
Imaginext really has some of the most durable play toys out there today.
THis shuttle is so nicely made, realistic look and sounds.
In fact that might be one of the drawbacks though. When it does the Space shuttle BEEEP BEEP BEEP, it really isn't something I think that appeals to younger kids or draws them in.
My 2 1\2 year old son received this and the Imaginext boat for Christmas. I thought this was going to be the bigger hit of the 2, he was all over this in the box before it was wrapped. But he enjoys the boat more and I think it is, as another reviewer mentioned, due to the lack of interesting extras with this set. Really the tower is cool to set the shuttle in but outside of that offers no real draw. There is an elevator that is interesting but sticks on ours right now, not horribly, but still a bit annoying.
It is still Imaginext and way cool and durable, would be a huge hit for any established young space fans out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!, January 9, 2010
Got this for my 4 year old grandson for Christmas, and it was a HUGE hit. He plays with it constantly, and has named the astronauts John Glenn, Buzz Aldren and Neil Armstrong! He will occasionally play with another toy, but will steer his play back to his space shuttle and Imaginext Space Station, which he also got for Christmas. He will eventually ask whatever toy he is playing with "Have you ever seen a real space shuttle blast off?", and it's right back to his space toys. All of his dinosaurs, and most of his other toys, have been taken on a tour of the space station, been introduced to the astronauts and witnessed a take off. Some have even travelled to Mars and to the Moon. He was already interested in space and said he wanted to be an astronaut, but this toy has really fueled his imagination and provided many hours of entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3yo loves this toy, February 5, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Space Shuttle and Tower (Toy)
My 3yo received this for his birthday and it's growing to be one of his favorites. It really opens the doors for creativity vs. some of these plastic toys that just make noise. We purchased it along with the accessories and it's hours of fun.

3.0 out of 5 stars Little to the Imagination, February 9, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Space Shuttle and Tower (Toy)

However, after purchasing this as well as a few other Imaginext toys, I now realize the make believe games are best when we make them up w/ the toys at hand. The Imaginext toys have "bells and whistles", but provide limited story line and ways to interact.

I purchased this and the Matchbox Spaceshuttle at Christmas. The Matchbox Spaceshuttle is more expensive, but the things you do and build with it are countless. Matchbox Mega Rig Space Shuttle

Thus far, my 4 year old has spent hours building and playing w/ the Matchbox Shuttle. It was/is his favorite toy. The Imaginext toys receive litte or no play time.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, October 9, 2011
Zhenya (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Space Shuttle and Tower (Toy)
My son got this for his 3rd birthday. It's been a year and it is still one of his favorite toys. He plays with it almost day and talks about it non stop. It's also very durable and one a full year nothing is broken to my surprise. The only complain is that the shuttle cabin door doesn't stay shut and figures fall out, but hey it's in space so nothing happens to it :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Average at best..., December 30, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Space Shuttle and Tower (Toy)
I love Imaginext toys - last year I got my son the fishing boat and he loved it (and so did i) - this year i got the space shuttle and tower...my son still is having fun with it...i think it is not put together well...does not feel as sturdy as other Imaginext toys...the noises/sounds are great though ;)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great quality, December 1, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Space Shuttle and Tower (Toy)
I like the shuttle itself. The tower is not that great. The elevator sticks and does not run smoothly. The figures just pop out of it since there is no way to secure them. The sounds effects scare my three year-old so we just keep it turned off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy -- check price before you buy., December 19, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Space Shuttle and Tower (Toy)
We really like the Imaginext series (mine is 4) for durability, thoughtful design, and a great variety of scenarios. No complaints. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERPAY. I GOT MINE FOR $35 AT TARGET. I have no special love for Target, but I was surprised to see that price after seeing the same toy offered for $60 here at Amazon.

Fisher-Price Imaginext Space Shuttle and Tower