Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 1, 2012
My wife and I purchased this play mat for our 3 month old daughter, Maggie, and she absolutely loves it. Previously, Maggie would need to be constantly held, but now she will happily spend over an hour or more kicking and playing on this gym. Also, her hand-eye coordination has improved dramatically. I have included a short video of her playing on this gym for the first time. Highly recommended!!
33 comments| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2013
I have two other play mats but this by far is my favorite and Bryce loves this one the best so far. I uploaded pics of him at 6 weeks old playing with this. The arc with the toys on it mounts both above the baby when he/she is on their back or it mounts in front of them down low while doing tummy time. Not all babies like tummy time especially in the beginning and Bryce is no exception but he would do tummy time on this mat . It is well designed and I love that it will grow with him. When he is bigger and sitting up on his own I can flip the piano up so he can play it while sitting. I actually am probably going to purchase a second one to leave at the babysitters. DEFINITELY put this on your registry and if its not purchased it trust me it is well worth it. Shop around for the best price tho I paid around $36 dollars but the prices vary widely depending on where you look. And just a sidenote I am leaving this raving review on my own accord and with no incentives or kudos from Amazon or Fisher Price but I have definitely talked this up at several stores I was in when I saw others shopping for play mats. This is the ONE Moms Dads Grandmas etc... You wont be dissapointed!!! Im going to try and upload a video but the better quality one is on my you tube and I can't find it on my computer. But it will give you an idea. Keep in mind he is only 6 weeks in this video so he wasn't batting at the toys as much as he does now at 11 weeks.Not sure how to link the pictures of him that I uploaded but theres 6 or 7 of em.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 22, 2013
My 7 month old baby is blind, and this toy was recommended to me by a paediatric ophthalmologist. He absolutely loves it, will sit and play for hours on end. Would definitely recommend for any other parents of visually-impaired babies.
on April 14, 2012
My 2.5 month old immediately loved this product from day 1, and can be entertained for 30 mins-1 hr at a time! For that reason alone, I should be giving it 5 stars; however, from the perspective of a parent who does not have room for zillions of toys at home, I'm only giving it 3 stars because I was hoping it would replace a standard activity gym but it doesn't. The mat is too small for baby to do anything except lay on her back and look up at the mirror and the dangling toys, which is fine for now but not when she becomes more active and starts to roll and move around. It's also not great for tummy time because there's not enough interesting details on the mat to promote tummy time activities. As baby grows longer, the mirror will no longer be positioned correctly for her to view herself and to still kick the piano keys with extended legs. Perhaps I am expecting more longevity out of this toy than I should be, but I do not want to pay 50 bucks for something that lasts a couple months. It is also annoying to put away or even move from room to room-it basically has to be disassembled because the arch/piano/mat do not connect well together.

****UPDATE: My daughter is now 20 months old and I take back some of my previous criticisms and surmises. I have this toy still in her room with the keyboard swiveled up, and she will still occasionally come over to play music and dance a little. We've put our standard activity gym away long ago. I still don't think this mat replaces a standard activity gym (we had the Tiny Love Gymini Deluxe and she LOVED that thing as well) but hey, this one is still out while the other activity gym has been put away for for a year already.
88 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2014
We received this product as a baby shower gift, and I let my infant play on this mat many times. That is before I found out about toxic flame retardants being applied to many baby products. I checked the labels on this product and, sure enough, the TB 117 (google it) label is there. Immediately, I got rid of this mat (other play gyms have the same fate) but kept the arch and piano. Used a fat blanket instead. She loved kicking the piano keys, looking at herself in the mirror and reaching for the toys. At some point I decided to wipe down the toys and piano keys with rubbing alcohol, to clean it. Black paint started smearing off the black keys. Gross. I didn't feel comfortable letting my child even touch this toy with her bare feet after that. We have a synthesizer that we put on the floor and she likes it even better, uses her hands and feet. If you buy this piano gym, I suggest untying the mat and using a blanket. Better yet, buy a safer toy.
on July 20, 2012
Our boy has loved this since he was 6 weeks old. His favorite part is looking up into the mirror and making faces/talking to himself. From the second he kicks his first key on the piano he is in constant motion for about an hour straight. Believe it or not, when he was having bad gas/constipation for a couple of weeks, we noticed that after putting him down on the mat and letting him kick and play, he was able to pass wind and go number 2 without a problem. So, not only was he having a blast, he felt better after! :)
on July 25, 2014
Awesome toy! Just when we thought we had all the coolest/must have baby toys for our first child, we found this! And I think this will be the only baby toy activity toy addition to our "fleet". I only gave in because it was a lightning deal (dang you Amazon and suckering me in like that!!) I am however, very happy with the purchase! We started using it immediately when our baby was 6 weeks old and he enjoyed it and still does. We did have an issue with the mirror not facing the correct way when the baby laid down. We tried to twist it and no luck, so I put a chip clip on it to weigh it down to work so it angled properly for him to see himself. Then I decided to call FP to see if they had any ideas. The customer service was great and walked me through how to twist the bar so it would turn the mirror. I guess I was being too gentle before, but it did indeed work. I am happy my chip clip is gone! The music is not too load at all, but I think the baby can still hear it ok. When all other things around the house are off (rare occasion) it's plenty loud. But if you have other kids playing, conversations going and a TV on, not so much. The baby loves to watch himself in the mirror as he kicks away and makes music. He also like batting at the toys which can be removed or changed out. I do think the toys that are included are pretty cool. We have not done much with the tummy time feature yet, but I did try it and it is also neat. Even our 2 year old enjoys playing the piano on this, so I imagine it will keep kids entertained for multiple months, maybe even into the first year, just as it advertises.
Another huge bonus we have found, is that it gets baby moving so well that if you have a baby with a belly ache or gas, this just may do the trick! For us, it has been 100% effective in making a poopy diaper each time he uses it. That kicking action gets things moving inside, so any discomfort can be eliminated when he plays on this. Not sure if others have seen the same results. It works out nicely for us...he eats, then plays his piano, takes care of business and goes down for a nap (AM) or bed (PM).

I think Fisher-Price has a winner here. Highly recommend.

Update: 2 months of use and still the favorite toy! Also, I want to add a feature that makes it even better. Today we had a diaper explosion on this mat and instantly I thought, how will we get through the couple hours that the mat is being washed and dried?! Then I realized, the toy works just great without the mat... so I was able to take the mat and wash it, and replace with a blanket underneath and everything was great! This is a huge bonus because most play gyms secure into the mat, so while washing, you can't use it. Another reason to love this!
on April 22, 2013
I bought this toy for my son when he was 4 weeks old, since he was always kicking his crib. He loved it instantly! He played with it for 15 minutes the very first day, which for a 4 week old is a very long time! Since then we have used it almost daily. I love that it can be used for tummy time as well. My son is 8 months old now (and very long) and we have just put it away since he is rolling across the room and is more interested in rolling and crawling than kicking, but we got a lot of use out of it. As first time parents my husband and I have purchased a lot of toys for our son and many of which we hardly use, this one was well worth the price. I highly recommend it!
on October 23, 2011
Our baby loves to kick and move his legs, so after looking at dozens of play gyms, I wanted this one, but it wasn't out yet. We waited for it and are so glad we did. He LOVES it! The toys are great and varied, the mirror is a lot of fun for him, and the kick piano is genius. He is able to make his own music and it plays little songs (but not too long for Mom and Dad's ears) that keep him entertained. It also has lights on the piano. We also like the conversion to tummy time, which is not our son's favorite thing, but the toys and especially mirror help him stay on his belly just a little longer. I look forward to being able to flip the piano for when he is older and like that it will grow with him. For the same price as a lot of other play gyms (and less than some) you get all these features. We are very happy with our purchase. The battery life is really long, too, on AAs, which was a nice surprise for us. We've only changed them once in 3 months of daily use. I highly recommend it.
on June 1, 2015
This activity mat kept my son occupied from the first week till he was about a year old and we had to finally put it away when he started to use it as a climbing stool! Now that's some solid bang for your buck. I love how versatile it is, and how it really grows with your child. When he was an infant, he just loved the mirror. Then as he got bigger, he would swat at the toys. And when the kicking started, that piano was his favorite. And once he was big enough, we ditched everything but the piano, and it swiveled to where he could sit and bang on it with his hands. This was a definite keeper, one of the few things I carefully cleaned and folded away for any future babies. And I've already bought it several times for friend's baby showers! Great purchase!