Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on PlasmaCar

on January 1, 2012
My wife and I purchased this play mat for our 3 month old daughter, Maggie, and she absolutely loves it. Previously, Maggie would need to be constantly held, but now she will happily spend over an hour or more kicking and playing on this gym. Also, her hand-eye coordination has improved dramatically. I have included a short video of her playing on this gym for the first time. Highly recommended!!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2013
I have two other play mats but this by far is my favorite and Bryce loves this one the best so far. I uploaded pics of him at 6 weeks old playing with this. The arc with the toys on it mounts both above the baby when he/she is on their back or it mounts in front of them down low while doing tummy time. Not all babies like tummy time especially in the beginning and Bryce is no exception but he would do tummy time on this mat . It is well designed and I love that it will grow with him. When he is bigger and sitting up on his own I can flip the piano up so he can play it while sitting. I actually am probably going to purchase a second one to leave at the babysitters. DEFINITELY put this on your registry and if its not purchased it trust me it is well worth it. Shop around for the best price tho I paid around $36 dollars but the prices vary widely depending on where you look. And just a sidenote I am leaving this raving review on my own accord and with no incentives or kudos from Amazon or Fisher Price but I have definitely talked this up at several stores I was in when I saw others shopping for play mats. This is the ONE Moms Dads Grandmas etc... You wont be dissapointed!!! Im going to try and upload a video but the better quality one is on my you tube and I can't find it on my computer. But it will give you an idea. Keep in mind he is only 6 weeks in this video so he wasn't batting at the toys as much as he does now at 11 weeks.Not sure how to link the pictures of him that I uploaded but theres 6 or 7 of em.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 22, 2013
My 7 month old baby is blind, and this toy was recommended to me by a paediatric ophthalmologist. He absolutely loves it, will sit and play for hours on end. Would definitely recommend for any other parents of visually-impaired babies.
on April 14, 2012
My 2.5 month old immediately loved this product from day 1, and can be entertained for 30 mins-1 hr at a time! For that reason alone, I should be giving it 5 stars; however, from the perspective of a parent who does not have room for zillions of toys at home, I'm only giving it 3 stars because I was hoping it would replace a standard activity gym but it doesn't. The mat is too small for baby to do anything except lay on her back and look up at the mirror and the dangling toys, which is fine for now but not when she becomes more active and starts to roll and move around. It's also not great for tummy time because there's not enough interesting details on the mat to promote tummy time activities. As baby grows longer, the mirror will no longer be positioned correctly for her to view herself and to still kick the piano keys with extended legs. Perhaps I am expecting more longevity out of this toy than I should be, but I do not want to pay 50 bucks for something that lasts a couple months. It is also annoying to put away or even move from room to room-it basically has to be disassembled because the arch/piano/mat do not connect well together.

****UPDATE: My daughter is now 20 months old and I take back some of my previous criticisms and surmises. I have this toy still in her room with the keyboard swiveled up, and she will still occasionally come over to play music and dance a little. We've put our standard activity gym away long ago. I still don't think this mat replaces a standard activity gym (we had the Tiny Love Gymini Deluxe and she LOVED that thing as well) but hey, this one is still out while the other activity gym has been put away for for a year already.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2012
Our boy has loved this since he was 6 weeks old. His favorite part is looking up into the mirror and making faces/talking to himself. From the second he kicks his first key on the piano he is in constant motion for about an hour straight. Believe it or not, when he was having bad gas/constipation for a couple of weeks, we noticed that after putting him down on the mat and letting him kick and play, he was able to pass wind and go number 2 without a problem. So, not only was he having a blast, he felt better after! :)
on March 7, 2014
We received this product as a baby shower gift, and I let my infant play on this mat many times. That is before I found out about toxic flame retardants being applied to many baby products. I checked the labels on this product and, sure enough, the TB 117 (google it) label is there. Immediately, I got rid of this mat (other play gyms have the same fate) but kept the arch and piano. Used a fat blanket instead. She loved kicking the piano keys, looking at herself in the mirror and reaching for the toys. At some point I decided to wipe down the toys and piano keys with rubbing alcohol, to clean it. Black paint started smearing off the black keys. Gross. I didn't feel comfortable letting my child even touch this toy with her bare feet after that. We have a synthesizer that we put on the floor and she likes it even better, uses her hands and feet. If you buy this piano gym, I suggest untying the mat and using a blanket. Better yet, buy a safer toy.
on October 23, 2011
Our baby loves to kick and move his legs, so after looking at dozens of play gyms, I wanted this one, but it wasn't out yet. We waited for it and are so glad we did. He LOVES it! The toys are great and varied, the mirror is a lot of fun for him, and the kick piano is genius. He is able to make his own music and it plays little songs (but not too long for Mom and Dad's ears) that keep him entertained. It also has lights on the piano. We also like the conversion to tummy time, which is not our son's favorite thing, but the toys and especially mirror help him stay on his belly just a little longer. I look forward to being able to flip the piano for when he is older and like that it will grow with him. For the same price as a lot of other play gyms (and less than some) you get all these features. We are very happy with our purchase. The battery life is really long, too, on AAs, which was a nice surprise for us. We've only changed them once in 3 months of daily use. I highly recommend it.
on April 22, 2013
I bought this toy for my son when he was 4 weeks old, since he was always kicking his crib. He loved it instantly! He played with it for 15 minutes the very first day, which for a 4 week old is a very long time! Since then we have used it almost daily. I love that it can be used for tummy time as well. My son is 8 months old now (and very long) and we have just put it away since he is rolling across the room and is more interested in rolling and crawling than kicking, but we got a lot of use out of it. As first time parents my husband and I have purchased a lot of toys for our son and many of which we hardly use, this one was well worth the price. I highly recommend it!
on July 29, 2013
This is a really nice play mat, especially when the baby is kicking a lot. Our baby enjoyed this much more and for a lot longer compared to the Rainforest playmat, also by Fisher Price.
on November 17, 2013
While the baby was old enough to leave on his back and before he could roll over this kept him occupied long enough to sneak in a shower. The mirror is super popular, and the piano saw a lot of foot action. Even for the small window this toy lasts, it's worth it.

The mat is detachable so if your a-hole dogs mistake it for a puppy pad you can wash it, but it's slightly aggravating to remove.

Once the baby was old enough to roll over the arch became a hindrance he'd constantly get hung up on. When he became old enough to sit up, he was also old enough to topple over, and the orange mounds that hold the arch become a constant concern for the parent that would prefer their baby not bash their head on hard plastic. The piano still remains a hit, and I wish it was fully detachable.

Flaws aside, during those early months you'll appreciate the time it affords you. Get this.