Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 1, 2011
The V-tech camera VS Fisher Price is insane. We bought the fisher price one for our daughter last Christmas - you can hardly see the pictures, the pixelation stinks. We received from her God-sister a used 3 year old V-Tech - pictures are awesome, also has games on it - durability on both is awesome - but if you want your kids to see the pictures and actually learn to use a camera AND have more features and storage space (V-Tech's can be expanded with a smart-card) than skip this and save some money!
77 comments| 250 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2011
This is a perfect camera for a preschooler. The size is easy for them to hold, the double viewfinder means they don't have to coordinate closing one eye to look through it. The camera has extra effects that the kids can add to the pictures which make the camera even more fun.

However, the pictures are only .3 megapixel. The cheapest of real digital cameras now a days are 5+MP, so .3 is extremely grainy and small. Don't expect to be able to download real pictures from this camera and have them look good on your computer, they are best viewed on the small screen on the camera - anything larger will just look terrible.
11 comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2011
I'll start off by saying I wish I had gotten the swivel head one. It's what I originally wanted, but the store didn't have them in stock (called to see, but when the checked they failed to make sure it was indeed the swivel head one -despite my complete description- before telling me they had several on the shelf). It's both my children's first cameras, and decided to just go ahead and get these and get better ones as they learn.

So, for this camera... it's pretty decent. It does seem to be as kid-tough as advertised. I like how it's built, it feels sturdy and I have no doubt it'll last through some lack of care (it will take some time to teach them how to properly care for their cameras- it is their first!) and the buttons are simple and easy to understand. The window is quite small, and I find myself wishing it was slightly bigger.

The viewfinder is a joke, and wish they would have skipped on them and just made the live-view screen better since you can't take a picture worth a dime trying to use the holes with cruddy 'glass' at the top of this thing. It shows maybe 1/10th of what is actually being photographed since there isn't any magnification in it, just two holes with some cheap made glass for looks.

The pictures inside aren't much to look at, with the lack of any sort of flash. I'm not surprised by all the blurred photos coming from photos inside because (as a photographer) the fact that ANY picture can come out decent without any type of flash inside would be a saint (high professional cameras can do it, but a $30 camera? doubt it!) ... I did test it outside, with plenty of light and no excuse for the camera not to be able to take a non-blurry photo, and it does do much better. I'll be encouraging my kids to come outside with me to use them when photographing anyways.

The delayed shutter seems to be catching my daughter by surprise. She 'clicks' and then moves to show me but forgets to wait a second for it to focus. I don't mind this so much, though, as it'll make teaching her how to wait for the focus a lot easier.

Over all, my kids don't know the difference between a totally crap picture and a good clear shot yet, they enjoy being able to 'take pictures' like mommy and like that they have their very own pictures. I can use it just enough to teach them some basics and let them get the hang of how it works. When they start noticing that the camera doesn't take pictures they're trying to get, then I'll know it's time for a decent camera. :)
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on October 11, 2011
We bought this for my daughter's 3rd birthday and it has been a hit. Since then we have had a new baby in the house and she loves taking pictures of her new baby sister. She can operate it all on her own and if she takes her time it takes really decent photos considering it is a child's camera. It exceeded our expectations.
on September 15, 2011
This camera arrived in the mail yesterday and within 1 hour she had taken 70 pictures! She was extremely excited, great size to fit in pre-k sized hands. And it actually takes decent pictures.
on May 10, 2016
Our 4 year old loves her camera. We bought this as a Christmas gift 6 months ago and she plays with it all the time. Our daughters were always asking for our phones to take pictures so we decided to get her a camera of her own. It is very sturdy as it has beendrooped a few times and still no issues. We have replaced the batteries a few times because they leave the Camera on always and although it times out, they play with it often enough the battery still runs out after a couple weeks. All in all we are very happy with this purchase.
on April 15, 2012
My 5 and 4 year olds didn't find these cameras very fun and the quality wasn't what we expected for the cost. Durable, sure, but if they lose interest this quickly, who cares how durable they are. I guess these would be better suited for 2 or 3 year olds.
on July 7, 2014
This was kind of on the pricey side but it seems to be a good product that has some grown-up features like the ability to download pictures. My daughter was 4 when we got it for her and it was easy for her to use. She has a little difficulty determining when to zoom in and out but I don't think that has anything to do with the product per se. We haven't downloaded any pictures yet but my daughter likes it and it's funny to see some of the pictures she has taken like posing her stuffed animals and taking pictures,etc.
on November 25, 2011
This 'toy' was the hit of the party.. Everyone wanted to try it. It was handled and handled again by the adults and the kids. It was dropped a few times too, but really took the hits. We all love it, especially my grand daughter whose gift it really was. Fisher-Price came through again!
My daughter has been using this for a year, taking it on trips and outings, and it is still doing yeoman duty. She continues to be very happy with it. Balancing the product's durability and usability (the fit and controls are pretty good) is the low quality of the photos. Little kids shoot many photos, and a few of them turn out to be gems. I would have much preferred that Fisher-Price upgrade the sensor and memory in the camera. Also, there is an annoying problem related to the fact that the camera has no date function: all of the photos upload to the same date, regardless of when you take the photo or upload. That makes for a small organizational mess. Finally, I think I've changed the batteries about every three or four months.