5.0 out of 5 stars Now every kid wants one
A cousin of mine had one and loved it, so I bought one for my 3-year-old son. He loves it. Since then, several other cousins, after seeing ours being used, have bought them. It's catchy.

Published on September 3, 2011 by Amy

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother - GO V-Tech
Published on December 1, 2011 by Brandee E. Lacava

5.0 out of 5 stars Now every kid wants one, September 3, 2011

I just happened to throw it in, when we went to a wedding reception and that kept my son entertained the whole night. I had so many comments about how cute it was that he was taking pictures too. He taught the other kids there, how to use it. They took pictures of each other. It was really interesting to see what he wanted to take pictures of. And, I had some decent pictures of the evening to keep.

As far as the quality of the pictures....not real great. It takes ok in low light. You have to be at just the right distance for it to turn out. Many of the pictures are fuzzy. Part of the fault lies in that a 3-year-old is taking the pictures, but even when I take them, they aren't as good as my adult camera. But that's obvious; it is built as a toy and to withstand a kid dropping it. My son hasn't once asked for the pictures that he took. He doesn't care about that part. He just wants to take the pictures. Much to my dismay, he actually has fun erasing them too. I wanted some of those pictures!!

Don't buy this to get great pictures. Buy it because kids have great fun with it and it teaches them how to handle a real camera in the future. When they prove they are responsible and with your supervision, give them an old camera of yours.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother - GO V-Tech, December 1, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera, Pink (Toy)
The V-tech camera VS Fisher Price is insane. We bought the fisher price one for our daughter last Christmas - you can hardly see the pictures, the pixelation stinks. We received from her God-sister a used 3 year old V-Tech - pictures are awesome, also has games on it - durability on both is awesome - but if you want your kids to see the pictures and actually learn to use a camera AND have more features and storage space (V-Tech's can be expanded with a smart-card) than skip this and save some money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for little ones - pictures are not the best quality, November 6, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera, Pink (Toy)
This is a perfect camera for a preschooler. The size is easy for them to hold, the double viewfinder means they don't have to coordinate closing one eye to look through it. The camera has extra effects that the kids can add to the pictures which make the camera even more fun.

However, the pictures are only .3 megapixel. The cheapest of real digital cameras now a days are 5+MP, so .3 is extremely grainy and small. Don't expect to be able to download real pictures from this camera and have them look good on your computer, they are best viewed on the small screen on the camera - anything larger will just look terrible.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Canon Rebel thanks you, Amazon, November 21, 2011
Amazon Shopper "xenalyn" (Maple Grove, MN United States) - See all my reviews
I love photography, so my son has acquired that love! Unfortunately, that meant he was always trying to "use" my camera and it took far more abuse than I preferred. Enter the Kid-Tough Camera for his 3rd birthday, and problem solved! He LOVES being able to take pictures everywhere he goes without mom hovering. He has dropped it, even in a big puddle, and it still works great. Doesn't even look slightly scratched. The functions are super user-friendly; he figured the buttons out within 15 minutes and we never needed to read the instructions. The pictures themselves are poor quality, unless both subject and photographer are perfectly still. Let's be real, though, kids don't stand still and that isn't really what we're aiming for with this camera! It DOES, however, help him start to learn how to take care of a camera, hold it correctly, load photos onto a computer and he even encourages people to say, "Cheese!" Great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, October 11, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera, Pink (Toy)
We bought this for my daughter's 3rd birthday and it has been a hit. Since then we have had a new baby in the house and she loves taking pictures of her new baby sister. She can operate it all on her own and if she takes her time it takes really decent photos considering it is a child's camera. It exceeded our expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daugter (3) loves it!, September 15, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera, Pink (Toy)
This camera arrived in the mail yesterday and within 1 hour she had taken 70 pictures! She was extremely excited, great size to fit in pre-k sized hands. And it actually takes decent pictures.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dissapointed, December 28, 2011
Michael E. Moore (Harrisburg, PA USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
A fairly well thought out enclosure with a pathetically poor camera inside. When my kids were young we expected more from Fisher Price. The lack of flash and very poor low light ability pretty much eliminates indoor photos. That will be a source of endless frustration to any child trying to get in on family photo fun.

Images are very low resolution - 640x480. Good luck finding that info anywhere on the box or on Fisher Price's website. The camera will hold 256 photos so my first inclination is to suggest doubling the image resolution thereby cutting the storage to a respectable 64 photos but the camera inside isn't up to the task of capturing that much info per shot. I don't know whether there are similar products out there but budding photographers, no matter how young, will not be satisfied with the results from this "camera".

5.0 out of 5 stars The camera was a hugh hit, November 4, 2011
The camera takes really good photos and is easy to down load to another source. My great nephew who's 5 just thinks it's great. Prefect gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, December 28, 2011
We purchased this blue camera for my 4 year old son, and a pink one for my 6 year old daughter for Christmas. They have spent the previous three days happily snapping away. I highly recommend it.
Pros:
-Very easy controls. My 4 year old had no problem grasping the concept of the zoom feature, how to move back and forth through the picture preview (which they love), how to use the view finder, and how to turn it off and on.
-Auto-off for when they don't turn it off themselves.
-The way the camera is designed to be held lessens the likelihood of photographed fingers.
-Easy-open packaging. YEA!
-Easy-open, yet secure, battery compartment. YEA!
-Tough. My son's camera has already been dropped down our wood stairs, and stepped on. My daughter's was left out in a heavy, day-long rain. We dried it off, inside and out. The stored pictures remained view-able, and it still takes new pictures. For now. ( ^_^ )
-Uses a standard USB cord to transfer photos to a computer. (Not included.)
-A free, associated website is available to add borders, and enhancements to pictures. Easy enough for the kids to do a lot of the work themselves.

Cons:
-Picture quality, particularly in lower light levels, is poor. An auto-flash feature would be nice.
-The camera must be held very still to avoid blurry pictures. Hard for little ones to do. However, my kids couldn't care less. Taking the pictures is all the fun. I have been able to easily clean the pictures up a bit in Picassa.

As you can see, I feel the pros really outweigh the cons. This is a great introduction to cameras and picture taking for small children!

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Hit!!, November 29, 2011
E. K. Schenk "Katie" (Ocean Springs, MS USA) - See all my reviews
Our 2yr grandson loved it! This little camera is amazing. Easy to use even for a two yr old!! Totally recommend this camera!

Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera, Pink