Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on January 26, 2011
I bought this camera for my 2.5 yr. old daughter. She enjoys playing with it, but she presses the buttons in rapid succession over and over again. This rapid button pressing sometimes causes the camera to lockup -- the camera's screen will go blank and the camera's speaker will make a clicking sound over and over. The only fix I have found for this issue is to pop the battery compartment's door open and close it again, this resets the camera.

Another downside to the rapid button pressing is that you end up with a ton of "one second" videos. I think a feature to detect rapid button pressing should have been incorporated in the camera to avoid the lockup issues and the "one second" videos.

The quality of the video is what you should expect from a toy. The camera requires a lot of light to take anything other than "shadow" pictures. My daughter uses it mainly indoors, but outdoors is the preferred venue given the light requirements.

The camera comes with a USB cable to interface it with your home PC, but I have yet to try this feature out. It is very rugged and has been dropped, etc. without any problems, so far.

Overall, this is a great toy camera and I would buy it again. I would caution the buyer to shop around for pricing, though. I paid about $30 for mine, but I saw it advertised on the Net for as much as $50 from some of the ripoff sites out there.
on December 28, 2010
I bought this for my 2.5 year old daughter for Christmas. She enjoys carrying it around and recording even though she only records the floor, lol. It seems very durable and the video is decent quality on the screen. I have not hooked this to the computer to transfer any videos so I am not sure how the quality transfers. Amazon has the cheapest price I have seen for this camera. The only drawback is that it does not take still pictures as well but I bought this camera knowing this. It would be a great feature to add though. The camera is easy for her to grip and push the buttons on her own and she quickly figured out how to start and stop the recording. It is really easy to delete so if you want to transfer a video I would do it soon to reduce the chance of loosing it. I would recommend this video camera and at the 50% savings that Amazon has it listed for is great. Everywhere else this is 54.99-59.99.
on October 21, 2011
Got this for Christmas last year for my Kindergardner. There have been hours of video logged on this device. The picture quality is good for what it is (a toy) and the interface is easy for kids to use. The mic is really surprisingly good. Great battery life!! I change these batteries much less frequently than I expected to.

I love to hook it up to the TV so they can see themselves on the big screen--put on some music for an instant dance party! The biggest problem we have is getting the kids to delete videos, each one is treasure to the kids :) I put an sd card in so we have more memory and I can remove the card to view the videos on the computer more quickly and delete 99% of them while the kids are asleep. But the ones I save are treasures--silly dances, watching a big sister do crafts, little sisters playing with little people together, etc, etc, etc. just watch out for the mom in her pjs movie ;)
on January 11, 2011
I purchased two of these video cameras for Christmas gifts,
one each for my 5 and 7 years old granddaughters.
They had a blast with them and found them very
easy to operate and view. Great, educational fun.
on January 17, 2012
We got this for my 5-year-old daughter, and she loves it. She can fill up an SD card with her movies in no time at all. Picture and sound quality are not spectacular, but they are more than adequate for our needs. It's extremely easy for a young child to use.

There are only two real drawbacks for this, although neither one is a showstopper. First, you really need a good light source- movies taken indoors in average lighting tend to be very dark and shadowy. Second, FP's software for downloading the movies to computer is extremely slow- it can take several hours to move videos off the camera via a USB cable. They definitely need to improve this feature.

Those are the only reasons I am not giving this camera a 5-star rating.

PS- the first camera we got stopped working pretty quickly. It was good for an hour or so, but soon the only sounds it would record was loud static. Amazon sent a replacement, which has worked perfectly.
on April 2, 2011
my nice is a tv junkie she rather watch tv then play some times, but with this she has been going around making her own mini movies that she can watch on the tv and she will perticipate more knowing that if one of the other kids tapes her she can see herself on the tv too. very durrable takes a few tries getting them to learn the buttns but well worth it.
on October 9, 2013
Got this for my daughter last year. There have been hours of video logged on this device. The picture quality is good for what it is (a toy) and the interface is easy for kids to use. The mic is really surprisingly good. Great battery life!! I change these batteries much less frequently than I expected to.
on December 30, 2011
This toy was a much anticipated request for our kids. We opened the package, listened to the tutorial and started recording. The Video portion seemed to work as well as could be expected but the audio only recorded loud static! The kids (and the grandparents) were sadly disappointed to have missed out on all the cute singing and dialog. We returned it the day after christmas and asked for a refund. Not a Replacement.
on January 5, 2012
This product arrived w/in days--earlier than promised. The packing in the box insured that the camera wouldn't be damaged. I appreciate the email notification that the item shipped. Can't ask for more.
on October 4, 2012
This camera is bulletproof and makes for the best experience for your kids. I got one for my daughter and she is taking the most incredibly adorable videos that cannot be replicated or duplicated. My 3 YO son has thrown it all over the house and not a scratch on it and it just chugs along. Highly recommended and get some extra memory for it. You will not be sorry.

See 1 answered question