5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Kid-Proof iPad Holder
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:52 Mins
This is probably the largest and most solidly constructed iPad case available. It certainly lacks in portability, but that's the point when subjecting a relatively fragile piece of electronics to babies and young toddlers.

Published 9 months ago by Lon J. Seidman

NOTE: Inspect the stampers before use.

Published 9 months ago by Big Dawg

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Kid-Proof iPad Holder, October 1, 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Creation Center Case for iPad (Toy)
Length:: 4:52 Mins

iPads 1, 2, 3, and 4 fit nicely inside the unit and are protected by a plastic frame and "drool proof" screen protector that snap into place very securely. iPad minis and whatever new iPad might come after the fourth generation device will likely not fit inside. A large plastic stand snaps securely into place to angle the entire contraption towards the child. I recommend setting the stand in place and securing the iPad prior to your child touching things as it's possible to get their fingers caught as things very loudly (and securely) snap into place.

The packaging and product description refer to two free apps that accompany the product. Unfortunately the QR codes they provided to link to those apps currently don't work, so I was only able to find one of the apps. The apps work with the included shape stampers that each have a unique pattern of capacitive dots that allow the app to display the shape that's physically pressed against the screen. Four shape stampers are included.

A snap on panel is stored at the bottom of the unit for more tactile play. It can be snapped in over the iPad screen and offers a more tactile experience for the shape stampers.

Overall this is a great way for little ones to enjoy an iPad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy but QR codes are dead!, September 6, 2013
My little one (5mo) loves to play with an iPad. Case seems strong and solid and the film protects from drool. However, the included QR code (in the manual as well as inside the case) contains a URL to Fisher-Price's webpage that is simply empty. It took me some time to fish out those apps from the iTunes store but it wasn't easy as F-P released tens of apps on iTunes. I finally found the apps that can take advantage of the included "stampers" that have unique touch pattern on the bottom. Very cool idea! Waiting for my daughter to grow up to use the stampers, she's right now at the level of touching laughing random baby faces :) Again one star off due to F-P's not working QR codes :/ Hope their IT will fix it soon!

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware, stampers are chipped on delivery, but still a great iPad case, October 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
NOTE: Inspect the stampers before use.

I was really excited to have my son play with this toy, but upon opening, I noticed the stamper shaped parts looked faded on certain areas, when looking closer at the discoloration, I noticed paint chips on the stampers. I immediately put those away, I have taken pictures which I will upload here. I would not let any baby play with those as most babies like mine put everything in their mouths.

As for the Apptivity center, I am now using it as an iPad holder which I have my baby watch learning videos. It will keep him entertained for about 2-3 minutes or so until he starts slapping with with his hands. I feel very comfortable leaving my iPad in there, the case feels solid, there is a clear cover on the screen for protection. I have not had any accidental spit out to check water proofness, but that time will come eventually.

Overall, if the stampers were in perfect shape, I would give this toy 5 stars, but due to the problems found, I have to drop the overall toy a rating of 2, its a bit harsh, but with all importance we put on child safety, Fisher-Price need to do the same. I hope Fisher-Price, improves their QA testing on these toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great baby toy that will be used for many years!, October 13, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Finding just the right gift for my young niece and nephew has been a challenge for many reasons. First, my brother has limited room in the house for large playsets. Second, the adorable new family members are just too young for Duplo blocks. Finally, the children are not old enough to play with the computer gadgets that their Uncle always seemed to be offering mom and dad.

My choice was limited to a small range of items but I wanted them to have something that would get them ready for future educational toys and gifts that would be coming from Amazon. This Fisher Price product turned out to be the ideal choice for us. The babies were focused on it right away and it made them smile while the adults played with it. The pieces are too large to fit in their mouth so we could share items from the playset with them without worry.

You do not need an iPad to use this. However, I was able to place an Apple iPad in the center it fit quite nicely. I then realized this is a great way to secure an Apple iPad! Yes, it holds it very well and you can be confident that it will survive a fall better while held inside.

In conclusion, the Fisher Price Laugh And Learn Apptivity Creation center is a toy that I highly recommend to anyone looking for a gift that keeps on giving for many years. For the price this is definitely one of the more affordable toys to try out. I hope it works for you and your family too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertains a Surprising Range of Ages, October 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought this would be lots of fun for my toddler and maybe the three-year-old. Little did I guess that even my pre-teens got a kick out of playing with it and helping the younger kids to identify the shapes on the ipad. The secret to success here, as mentioned on other reviews, is that the toy protects the ipad from spills (either by dropping or from baby) and is very sturdy. Truly, a great toy for everyone to enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun for little ones, October 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity Creation Center is a fun way to work with little ones on shapes or simply a happy toy for them to play with. I really like the protection for our ipad, so that my grandson doesn't damage it. Even better, as we like to limit his time with computer toys, this creation center turns into a regular fun toy with the addition of the top "shape" sorter portion. All in all, a great toy for many afternoons of fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome invention!, September 24, 2013
Melissa Niksic (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have a little one in your life, you know that they are all about the iPhone and the iPad. While they are probably more adept at technology than you are, they are also much more prone to the destruction of such devices. That's what makes this toy great. It's a wonderful way to let your child play with your expensive iPad, without running the risk of it being destroyed! The interactive toys make the iPad even more fun for little ones. It's great for babies, but my niece is almost two and she loves this as well. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea!, September 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity Creation Center for my 18 mth old grandson. What a great Idea this toy is. He and my daughter Love it! I took it over to them yesterday and my daughter called today and said, "He has mastered the stamper!". She said he loves it and won't put it down. In fact, the only problem she can see with it is getting him to do anything else! LOL! I'm sure he will put it down in a few days but for now it's a big hit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Awesomeness for iPad play and learning, October 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Babies want to play with the ipad, no way around it, so this case allows you to embrace it. My teething 9 month old has drooled all over it and my iPad is safe.

The Plastic is thick and sturdy with a clear window over iPad. To lock iPad in place you need to use both hands and press the unlock latches. Once iPad inside, you snap the cover back into place and it locks. Keep little fingers away while doing this!!! It's durable enough for two kids to fight over it and it didn't pull apart.

Case shipping weight is 2 pounds, so it's steady enough to not move when my son is playing on it. And I mean on because he puts the upper part of his body over it.

Touch screen works perfectly through case without any issues. So good I had to turn off multiple use so that my baby didn't send out any emails on accident. He is able to turn the pages in his book apps and tap on the fisher price apps we already had downloaded.

There are two levers on either side to move up (at same time) to release kickstand feature, making iPad in an upright slant. Very handy for baby crawling around. Use same levers to lower easel. Makes it super convenient for baby to play iPad without you having to hold it in place. Great for learning.

Removable shapes line the front of the case and are compatible with two free apps. Super cute and fun. The shapes are about two inches high and 2 inches around, good size for baby grip. They also have rounded edges so they're safe to chew on (went in sons mouth immediately). I would probably leave these at home if we take the case out to a restaurant with us. They seem to have magnets or a sensor devise on bottom of each of them for the app. I'm guessing these are more fun for babies over 1 year, and not really a selling point for me, but fine nonetheless.

There is a removable plastic play center that is attached to the back. It has a few spinning contraptions and levers. It's held in place by a lever and simple to release and put on top of case to distract baby when iPad is not in it. This probably won't distract older children, but works with my 9 month old for now.

This is built well and is attractive to kids. It's not necessarily compact, but it's not heavy either. I feel both the iPad and baby are safe. He won't hurt himself on any edges or pieces and my iPad gets lots of baby usage without any issues.

Wipe clean, do not use alcohol or ammonia on it. Also instructions say not to immerse in water.

I am thrilled to have this and will get for my expecting friends and family. A great gift!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Miss, October 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product is very durable and great. Anything that can be used with or without technology is a winner as far as I am concerned! Will work with new or older ipad, but not minis. Very engaging for babies and keeps your screen safe from sticky little fingers. Thumbs up! Great gift for today's techno babies.

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Creation Center Case for iPad