5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great activity table!
My son is 9 months old and just received this toy as a gift. He LOVES it! It has a lot to entertain him with, and he just loves flipping the computer open and shut. He laughs every single time.

Published on September 5, 2008 by Dawn Holder

1.0 out of 5 stars Fun but dangerous
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:45 Mins
Published on December 29, 2011 by C. Miles

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great activity table!, September 5, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Fun with Friends Musical Table (Toy)

I like that it has a few different settings that include ABCs, music, an interactive real life sounds and Spanish with English translation. My only complaint about it is that it doesn't have a volume control like so many Fisher Price toys have!! However, I really haven't been too bothered by it, as the songs aren't very long and are actually rather cute. I find myself singing along with them frequently.

I love that the ABC setting includes numbers, too. Each individual number can be pressed on the telephone. My son also has the Leap Frog Learn and Groove Musical Table, but it doesn't have a lot of the different features this table has.

I would definitely recommend this toy, it's great.

4.0 out of 5 stars My boy LOVES this toy., November 4, 2009
My 9 mo boy has been playing with this every chance he gets since he was 7 mo. I also know the LeapFrog Learn & Groove(tm) Musical Table because my niece has it. I like this one better because it has a lot more going on. Both kids seem to like this one better if given their choice.

I put the legs on it immediately as he was already starting to lean on furniture, but as other reviewers note they are easy to take off (unlike the leapfrog), which is great for packing. It has been great to see him get more and more steady on his feet. He can now crab walk all around it to choose which toy he wants to use. It looks like great exercise and that is my favorite thing about the toy. of course, he fell backwards a few times while practicing his standing, but that's just in the nature of the toy: do not use unsupervised. Probably best used on carpet.

Others have complained that the computer closes hard and kids can get there fingers trapped. I have to say that although it makes a loud noise, it does not close with any force. Closing the computer with his hand in it seems to be one of my son's favorite things to do and he does it often with no indication of pain or injury. He just slides his hand right out and is in no hurry to do so.

Actually, the biggest problem is that he likes it so much it is sometimes hard to get him off it. When he does get off it and we start to get into a good game of peek-a-boo, it actually pipes up with "hey, I wanna play" and he actually leaves me to go play with it again. I guess there is a timer in it that makes it say this after it is inactive for about 30 seconds. Now I turn it off immediately when he gets off it so it will shut up. I also hide it from view for a few hours a day so that he will play with me, his other toys, visiting grandparents, etc.

Another gripe: the Spanish mode says everything in English first. Since he presses the buttons one after the other, he sometimes doesn't even hear the Spanish word. I don't understand why they need to translate everything from English, since he doesn't even speak English yet. Also, the songs are still in English. So it hardly speaks any Spanish at all. If it is very important to you that your child learn Spanish, the Leap Frog does it better.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with it. I think that it is helping him with walking. I have gotten more than my money's worth and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Table, October 9, 2008
My children (even the 5 and 3 year old) love this table. The songs are catchy, but if they start to get too annoying, you just switch the mode to something less noisy, such as the imagination mode where each button just makes a funny sound. In response to the first review about there being no volume control, there actually is a switch under the table that changes the volume from loud to soft.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fun but dangerous, December 29, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
Length:: 0:45 Mins

My almost 10 month old son received this for Christmas from his grandmother. We were all excited about it as he loves to stand up and play. The tabletop activities immediately caught his attention. He loved it. I loved it. I was taking video to share with grandma. Within 5 minutes of it entering the play area, it tipped over on him twice, making him fall backwards with the table on top of him. (video is of first time) Fortunately he did not hit his head, but this toy will not be staying in our home. I don't want my son getting hurt because of the instability of this toy. I will be making contact with Fisher Price tomorrow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy and Better then Leap Frog, October 26, 2009
Really a fun toy, our daughter did not get it until she was around 8 months because the toys are more then just spinners and shakers (like the leap frog). We have tried the leap frog but it was to simple for our child and she has enough spinners and shakers in all her other toys like walkers, jumperoo, and exersaucers.

Our daughter just loves the phone, keyboard, book, and her fav is the computer. She loves to just open the computer and close it. She never closed the computer on her fingure and honestly its not heavy, i cant possibly see how any child can hurt themselves on it. But again, i would say this toy is better for the older child (around 8 months) since the toys are more educational and take a little bit of higher intelligency then the leap frog.

The Pros:
*The computer is awasome and our daughter just loves to close and open it and press all the buttons
*she loves the phone (rattle) that disattaches from the toy and she loves to carry it around with her. (she loves it more then any toy we have but see "cons")
*she like flippin the book pages
*she also enjoys the keyboard.
*i like that it has "words options and musical options", thats fun to change it up. We are not quite to the "spanish" options but i am sure we will use it later since we hope our child speaks multiple languages.
* legs are easy to take off
* sturdy enough for her to pull herself up on.
* easy to clean
* batteries last a long time

Cons:
*our baby misplaces the phone (rattle) and we have to find it all the time (wish it was attached by a phone cord but maybe they dont do that because it could be dangerous.
*after playing with the computer our daughter learned that all computers open and close, which includes mommys and daddys real laptops. But i guess i didnt expect anything different.

Overall, great toy and we really love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh & Learn video in action, October 23, 2011
Length:: 0:13 Mins

Fun...and tasty!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great improvements, September 14, 2008
We had the old version of this table with the food that my kids loved and just received this new version as a gift. It's even better than the first. There is much more for them to do and it's a little bit taller than the older one which is great because it's easier for my tall 3 year old to play with her younger sister with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but worrisome, December 30, 2008
Mama Lemon (Richmond, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
My 10 month old received this as a gift, and she's very entertained by it. The different modes provide plenty of variety. However, like another reviewer experienced, the laptop toy is easy to catch baby's hands. My little one slammed the cover down on her hand and screamed. It's too soon to tell if this will be a recurring problem, but we're keeping a close eye on things. Another concern is that the table is so light that it slides around and tips over easily. We're going to have to buy a rubber mat or something similar to make this product safer to use. It's surprising to see so many safety issues, especially some obvious ones that would have been caught in product testing.

3.0 out of 5 stars pinched fingers, March 15, 2010
St. Louis Illini (St. Louis, Missouri) - See all my reviews
My 7-month old absolutely adores this table. Unfortunately, however, her favorite thing to do is slam shut the computer screen, and she has crushed her fingers in the back ("hinge") area of the computer several times (which, unlike the front and sides of the computer, is small enough to painfully pinch tiny fingers when closed). We've ended up taping the monitor shut. She does enjoy playing with the rest of the table too (especially the piano) and hopefully once her hands get a little bigger, we can put the computer part back in use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Requires parental supervision, November 5, 2010
Mandi (Big Flats, NY) - See all my reviews
The toy is alright, probably comprable to other similar tables (it really comes down to which features and styles catch the parent's eye). After owning this, I would never invest in another table toy - I think it's a waste of money and fairly dangerous.

PROS: Offers a variety of modes, from speaking to sounds to music (in English and Spanish). The volume isn't too too loud (you can still hear a TV with it playing).

BEST USES: Babies learning to stand - at that stage just before walking

CONS: Tips over, book and laptop smash baby fingers - Parent MUST closely supervise

WOULD I RECOMMEND: NO

Several times my son tried to pull to a standing position using the table, only to have it fall over ontop of him. He would fall back and smash the back of his head on the floor and the table would fall onto him and smash his face. Probably this is an issue with all table-style toys, not just this particular model.

I didn't like that I couldn't leave the table on the floor with my son if I had to walk away for a moment. The toy was useless without legs, it is too heavy to place on baby's lap and is awkward for a baby sitting on the floor to lean over to play with as they typically sit with their legs open in front of them - they would have to bend past their toes to touch the toy.

As my son was learning to stand, he would sometimes lose his balance and end up getting his fingers caught in the laptop (which he loved to open, then slam shut) and the book (he enjoyed the sound of the page turning as he turned pages). These are features unique to this toy, so you may want to consider a model that doesn't have items that can open and shut.

Now that my son is a year old and can more safely use the toy (doesn't smash his fingers), he is completely uninterested in it. I would be disappointed if I had purchased this myself, but it was a gift.

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Fun with Friends Musical Table