Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on December 29, 2010
I have two year old twins. I am used to loud. Dear lord in heaven, I am used to loud. Generally if a toy makes noise, I don't mind so much. After all, it's the silence that is scarier with little ones.
On the other hand, there is this...
We got this for them when they were one. A year ago. For a year now, we have endured the insanity and inanity that is this toy.
Sure, there's the handle problem. The handle doesn't stay upright, so the child has to be a good walker to use it. Our children were good walkers by a year, so that wasn't that big a deal.
Then there's the songs. An excerpt? "Pushing along with the mower, hoping the grass will get lower..." What a strange expectation. Hoping? Really? Whatever, though. The other "educational" bits aren't really all that educational, either.
Really, the immense issue with the toy is the racket. Even the corn popper push toys aren't as loud. It's just so loud. Just, so very, very loud. The only reasonable place to have this toy is outside. Even there, it gets tiring to have such a truly loud toy. For the children, though, it drives them into a frenzy. A full screaming, yelping, running frenzy.
I suppose it could be interesting to throw a couple of these, a bag of sugar, and some caffeine loaded sodas into a small fenced area with some toddlers and make bets on who survives. Outside of playing Ultimate Fighting Cage Matches toddler style, I can't see repurchasing this toy.
Unfortunately, it's a hardy little thing. Nothing will kill it.
So, you know, if you don't mind the noise, your kids will like it, and it'll last forever.

Good luck.
88 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2007
It's a nice mower that has some educational value to it. Has and educational mode and a song mode. Only complaint is I wish the handle would stay up (like in the pic). It falls to the floor if you are not holding it.
on December 28, 2010
I got this for my grandson who is 15 months old. He pushes it all over the house. The sound is not annoying. Most toys today make some kind of noise. This toy is really cute. The handle doesn't stay up, but I wouldn't want it to stay up for safety reasons. If your can't push this and stand up then you shouldn't be playing with this toy. This toy is not an aide to help someone walk. Its a fun toy for a child that is already walking well.
on February 21, 2015
Great toddler toy. My grandson loved this toy! Played with it for hours on end. It has now been passes to another grandmother and she reports that her grandson is getting lots of enjoyment from it. A very well made and durable toy. Really keeps them occupied!
on October 24, 2010
Flimsy and poorly designed. Most children will want to lean into while pushing it. When they do, the mower tips and the child falls flat on his or her face. The handle does not stay stationary (it falls to the floor when not in use). I followed instructions from another review that suggested cramming cardboard (or something hard) into the hallow segment where the handle connect to the mower to prevent the handle's range of motion and keep it upright. That indeed fixed the handle into an upright position, but it didn't help one bit with the stability of the mower. My son got this mower when he was one and fell too many times when it tipped over. By the time he could walk freely and was less likely to lean into the mower when walking, the mower was too small for him. The mower is designed for a very short stable walker I guess--a child that has a 2 year old's walking skills but only a 1 year old's size. I threw it into the garbage. I would have given it 0 stars had that been an option.
on November 11, 2012
I don't know why I gave it five stars because it drives me crazy! I guess its because he loves it so much, it came in 2 days with amazon prime and I would buy it again because he likes it so much! -- I gave one to my cousin because he laughed about how much noise it made, our sons are the same age! He thanks me every time I see him!--
on December 16, 2009
We were so excited to have this because my (at the time) 2-year-old really wanted a mower to "be like Daddy." Now, I understand that lawn mowers are noisy, but this thing is REALLY loud when being pushed by a toddler. Maybe it's just the sound of it on our tile floor INSIDE the house, although it's now been banned inside and is only used outside. The handle does not stay up and is VERY short. I would not have chosen this specific mower, but it was a gift and will be around until it "disappears" someday :)
on February 24, 2014
Purchased this for my son instead of the usual push ball toy. He loves it. It is loud when he pushes it around, however it's really cute; makes gurgling sounds (when you turn the gas nozzle), sounds like a mower and sings the ABC's. He loves it. great size not too big easy to store.
on December 28, 2013
When they say loud, they mean LOUD! I thought I was used to noise, but holy moly, this thing should come with ear plugs for the parents! However the product it self was very good. It was durable and can withstand just about anything. The only problem that I had was the one that I had purchased was used, and there was some definite wear and tear on it. To much to be used as a gift.... Overall though very good product.
on September 20, 2015
Received this as a birthday present and HATE that the handle doesn't stay up. All of the adults at the party were trying to come up with reasons it's like that with the consensus being it must be a safety issue. About that time my daughter put some weight on the handle mid-walk and fell hitting her face on the floor...and after reading that it falls on toes too, I'm not impressed.

See 1 answered question