1,397 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars He's a good dog who sings songs (all the way through)
This little pup is a very awesome baby toy!! For $20 (or less--we got ours for free during a 2-1 Fisher Price special), he is very interactive and elaborate.

Published on April 1, 2007 by JKB

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice
Published on July 14, 2006 by N. Finley

5.0 out of 5 stars He's a good dog who sings songs (all the way through), April 1, 2007
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy (Toy)

While he may not always have a light-up bone (as in Amazon's description) he counts, names body parts and colors, has funny sayings, and sings many songs (ENTIRE songs). He's funnier, more educational (and cuter) than "Tickle-Me-Elmo"--minus the annoying voice.

A few of folks have been rating him poorly because his songs cut off early. This is possibly a misunderstanding resulting from the pup not being taken out of "demo" mode. You have to pull a plastic tab out of his back in order for him to fully function (otherwise his songs cut short). Unfortuantely the directions are not clear on the box and the tab doesn't stand out so it is easy to mistake him for a "bad musical toy"... However, once he's out of demo mode the songs aren't just longer but more plentiful too. He (or she) has a nonstop sweet voice.

One more tip - The "off" switch on this pup's foot does not always work and he easily can be turned back on by being touched (a naptime annoyance). He has a better shut-off switch (and volume control) on his back velcroed under his "skin."

All-in-all, this little pup is quite loveable. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy!!!, March 5, 2005
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy (Toy)
We have this and Hug & Learn Baby Tad, and we prefer this puppy because it has a lot of variety. It has two modes - learning and musical, which are selected by pressing the button on its foot. The other foot, both hands, an ear, tummy and nose play sounds or songs when pressed. The puppy identifies body parts, colors and sings fun songs. It is very colorful, has a flashing bone on his shirt and volume control through a velcro seam on its back. My young son finds it very easy to push the buttons. Some reviewers have said that the ear broke, but we have not had any such problem and we've used it every day for four months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even grandpa loves it!, October 19, 2004
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy (Toy)
I got this for my daughter about 3 months ago, it is still the toy she goes to first. None of her "old" toys get played with, but this one does. She grabs it when we are going bye bye. And even my dad will play with it with her. He refuses to play with any other toy that makes any kind of noise. So this toy is great for happy little kids and grumpy old men at the same time. I love how it plays the whole song, and not just half or stop in the middle where you have to push something else to continue it. It teaches, body parts, colors and songs. And it has cute little sayings/ You push his nose, and he says "nose" push it again, he says "red nose", push it again, he says "a choo" then on another level, he sings "itsy bitsy spider", says achoo" then "got my nose!" So far I have found no faults in this toy. It is educational and fun. I would recommend this toy to any child. And it was reasonably priced also.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, July 14, 2006
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy (Toy)
***Revised review***I could not adjust the rating, but would now give it 4 stars. Thanks to an email from another Amazon shopper, this toy was saved from the trash heap. I had not noticed the plastic tab that had to be pulled from the back of the toy to get it out of demo mode. Once that's removed, it works great. The quality of the sounds and songs are very pleasant and cheerful. Some of the pressure points are still difficult for my 11-month old to find and manipulate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughing Baby, November 22, 2006
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy (Toy)
This puppy is great for any age. My 4 month old as well as my 3 year old, loves this puppy. It's up-beat songs and the flashing light keeps attention of the little ones. It's entertainment and learning in one. I love it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Puppy! We ALL Wish It Would Come To Life. A Durable, Fun and Educational Toy!, November 22, 2005
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy (Toy)
What a great little toy! Your new cuddly friend can actually work as an early educational tool. This little Puppy really became a great hit. Not only is he cute, he also plays several different songs and helps your young child to learn ABC's and 123's! Not only is he cute, but he also has a great collar that will light up in concert with the music being played.

I consider this toy to be a "Great Bang For Your Buck" and that's coming from someone who has to be frugal about almost every purchase. However, buying a toy like the Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy is a super value and is actuallty worth more than the sale price. How often is it that you hear about a toy that is priced well and has several great and unique attributes?

You can really make early education fun by taking advantage of everything the toy was made to do. How about singing "...The Itsy Bisty Spider..." with your child? There are plenty of other great songs and tools to teach the 123's, etc.

I hope this was helpful to you. There is likely much more information elesewhere, but I wanted to give you an honest opinion from someone who has to stay on a budget and can only buy toys that are durable, educational and Fun For All!

Have fun!

Peter Cannice

Phoenix, Arizona

Play games, sing songs, enjoy lots of learning fun with this cuddly friend. Baby can learn A-B-Cs, 1-2-3's and parts of the body, plus sing along to 10 favorite songs and games. Dog bone collar lights up to the music! Make learning more fun with the whole collection of Laugh & Learn toys. With rich music, sing-along songs, and lots of activities, they combine early academics and everyday experiences-for the way kids really learn! Teaches: Alphabet Numbers Parts of the body Colors Fun games CHART: 2 interactive play modes! Learning time * Learn A-B-C's & 1-2-3's * Learn colors & body parts * Sing 4 learning songs Musical fun & games * Itsy-Bitsy Spider * Pat-a-Cake * This Little Puppy Went to Market * If You're Happy and You Know It * Do Your Ears Hang Low? * Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes.

1.0 out of 5 stars annoying, hyper-reactive, and toxic, January 14, 2010
Silea (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy (Toy)
I'll admit outright that i'm not big on battery-operated toys. I take the batteries out of almost every gift given to my 1-year-old. This toy may be one of the most annoying for the two minutes it took me to deactivate it. The voice is syrupy-sweet, downright cloying.

As many other reviews have mentioned, it's also extremely sensitive. The lightest touch makes the puppy start singing or talking. (However, for the people who like this toy except for the fact that it'll randomly start singing in the middle of the night, there is a physical off switch under the shirt in the back. Turn it off at bedtime, and your problem is solved.)

Lastly, the reason i've taken this toy away even though it has no batteries anymore: New York Public Interest Research Group found that this toy has high levels of bromine and low levels of mercury, both toxic. I didn't like seeing my kid hug and chew on this toy knowing it contains toxic elements.

3.0 out of 5 stars The on/off button is in a terrible spot., March 2, 2012
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy (Toy)
Seriously, my baby & I want to love this toy. It's adorable & has lots of cute & educational songs & the voice isn't too annoying. But like every curious child my baby wants to handle & play with the toy, but the off switch is located on the bottom of one of the puppy's foot. So at the slightest touch the toy will abruptly stop in mid song & turn off. The other songs will also abruptly switch if you touch any of the other parts of the puppy. If we want to listen to the whole song I have to put the puppy out of reach from him so he doesn't grab it & change songs or turn it off, which I think is rather silly & defeats the whole purpose of this toy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive Buttons, October 19, 2009
Rodrigo McCarthy (Miami, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy (Toy)
The buttons (press points) on these buttons are far too sensitive and as a consequence none of the songs/interactions have a chance to complete before the button is touched again. Not to mention that the toy goes off practically on its own when you put it away or just lay it down.
It could be a lot better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy - for baby or for beast!, August 30, 2011
D. Steele (Arkansas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy (Toy)
Okay - feel free to laugh. I bought one of these initially from a local store, brought it home, and set the sack in the floor while I unpack other items. My little Yorkie/Shih Tzu mix is EXTREMELY nosey and has to inspect all sacks when they enter our home. (She strongly suspects they all contain something for her.) She bumped this toy and "set it off" singing and talking. Once she overcame her fears and suspicions, she fell in LOVE with this toy. After all, it is incredibly cute, and it is interactive regardless if you are a human or a dog - as long as the buttons are punched, it merrily sings and talks. It is also extremely durable. Normally she "guts" stuffed toys in about five minutes flat, but this little guy has stood up to some serious chewing, shaking, dragging across the floors (it is almost bigger than she is) and romping. However, my intent was to give this toy to my nephew (who is due at the end of September). Seeing how much she enjoyed the toy, I just went ahead and bought another one (with the CD this time Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy with Bonus CD) for him. It is the same toy, just a bonus CD. So, as unorthodox as it is, I can attest to some pretty tough durability after the tests my pup has put the toy through - and her teeth are sharp and she can shake pretty hard, so I'm going to say everything will be safe and sound for my nephew. (He may be able to put it to tougher tests later, but we're good for a while.) :) I really like this toy and highly recommend it.

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy