Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$38.99 - $110.00

on April 1, 2007
This little pup is a very awesome baby toy!! For $20 (or less--we got ours for free during a 2-1 Fisher Price special), he is very interactive and elaborate.

While he may not always have a light-up bone (as in Amazon's description) he counts, names body parts and colors, has funny sayings, and sings many songs (ENTIRE songs). He's funnier, more educational (and cuter) than "Tickle-Me-Elmo"--minus the annoying voice.

A few of folks have been rating him poorly because his songs cut off early. This is possibly a misunderstanding resulting from the pup not being taken out of "demo" mode. You have to pull a plastic tab out of his back in order for him to fully function (otherwise his songs cut short). Unfortuantely the directions are not clear on the box and the tab doesn't stand out so it is easy to mistake him for a "bad musical toy"... However, once he's out of demo mode the songs aren't just longer but more plentiful too. He (or she) has a nonstop sweet voice.

One more tip - The "off" switch on this pup's foot does not always work and he easily can be turned back on by being touched (a naptime annoyance). He has a better shut-off switch (and volume control) on his back velcroed under his "skin."

All-in-all, this little pup is quite loveable. :)
33 comments| 393 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2005
We have this and Hug & Learn Baby Tad, and we prefer this puppy because it has a lot of variety. It has two modes - learning and musical, which are selected by pressing the button on its foot. The other foot, both hands, an ear, tummy and nose play sounds or songs when pressed. The puppy identifies body parts, colors and sings fun songs. It is very colorful, has a flashing bone on his shirt and volume control through a velcro seam on its back. My young son finds it very easy to push the buttons. Some reviewers have said that the ear broke, but we have not had any such problem and we've used it every day for four months.
0Comment| 171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2004
I got this for my daughter about 3 months ago, it is still the toy she goes to first. None of her "old" toys get played with, but this one does. She grabs it when we are going bye bye. And even my dad will play with it with her. He refuses to play with any other toy that makes any kind of noise. So this toy is great for happy little kids and grumpy old men at the same time. I love how it plays the whole song, and not just half or stop in the middle where you have to push something else to continue it. It teaches, body parts, colors and songs. And it has cute little sayings/ You push his nose, and he says "nose" push it again, he says "red nose", push it again, he says "a choo" then on another level, he sings "itsy bitsy spider", says achoo" then "got my nose!" So far I have found no faults in this toy. It is educational and fun. I would recommend this toy to any child. And it was reasonably priced also.
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2006
This puppy is great for any age. My 4 month old as well as my 3 year old, loves this puppy. It's up-beat songs and the flashing light keeps attention of the little ones. It's entertainment and learning in one. I love it!!
on March 2, 2012
Seriously, my baby & I want to love this toy. It's adorable & has lots of cute & educational songs & the voice isn't too annoying. But like every curious child my baby wants to handle & play with the toy, but the off switch is located on the bottom of one of the puppy's foot. So at the slightest touch the toy will abruptly stop in mid song & turn off. The other songs will also abruptly switch if you touch any of the other parts of the puppy. If we want to listen to the whole song I have to put the puppy out of reach from him so he doesn't grab it & change songs or turn it off, which I think is rather silly & defeats the whole purpose of this toy.
review image
on July 14, 2006
***Revised review***I could not adjust the rating, but would now give it 4 stars. Thanks to an email from another Amazon shopper, this toy was saved from the trash heap. I had not noticed the plastic tab that had to be pulled from the back of the toy to get it out of demo mode. Once that's removed, it works great. The quality of the sounds and songs are very pleasant and cheerful. Some of the pressure points are still difficult for my 11-month old to find and manipulate.
22 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2005
My 6 month old daughter's eyes lit up the first time this puppy started singing. She reaches for it immediately when ever it is in sight. It is so hug-able and friendly that she cheers up with it, even in her worst moods. The only bad experience we've had with this toy is that her 2 year old cousin can't stop taking it away from her. He has adopted this puppy as is own. Great toy for infants and toddlers too!
review image review image
on November 22, 2005
What a great little toy! Your new cuddly friend can actually work as an early educational tool. This little Puppy really became a great hit. Not only is he cute, he also plays several different songs and helps your young child to learn ABC's and 123's! Not only is he cute, but he also has a great collar that will light up in concert with the music being played.

I consider this toy to be a "Great Bang For Your Buck" and that's coming from someone who has to be frugal about almost every purchase. However, buying a toy like the Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy is a super value and is actuallty worth more than the sale price. How often is it that you hear about a toy that is priced well and has several great and unique attributes?

You can really make early education fun by taking advantage of everything the toy was made to do. How about singing "...The Itsy Bisty Spider..." with your child? There are plenty of other great songs and tools to teach the 123's, etc.

I hope this was helpful to you. There is likely much more information elesewhere, but I wanted to give you an honest opinion from someone who has to stay on a budget and can only buy toys that are durable, educational and Fun For All!

Have fun!

Peter Cannice

Phoenix, Arizona

Play games, sing songs, enjoy lots of learning fun with this cuddly friend. Baby can learn A-B-Cs, 1-2-3's and parts of the body, plus sing along to 10 favorite songs and games. Dog bone collar lights up to the music! Make learning more fun with the whole collection of Laugh & Learn toys. With rich music, sing-along songs, and lots of activities, they combine early academics and everyday experiences-for the way kids really learn! Teaches: Alphabet Numbers Parts of the body Colors Fun games CHART: 2 interactive play modes! Learning time * Learn A-B-C's & 1-2-3's * Learn colors & body parts * Sing 4 learning songs Musical fun & games * Itsy-Bitsy Spider * Pat-a-Cake * This Little Puppy Went to Market * If You're Happy and You Know It * Do Your Ears Hang Low? * Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes.
on October 19, 2009
The buttons (press points) on these buttons are far too sensitive and as a consequence none of the songs/interactions have a chance to complete before the button is touched again. Not to mention that the toy goes off practically on its own when you put it away or just lay it down.
It could be a lot better.
on July 20, 2008
This puppy was a gift to my daughter when she was three months old. the age suggestions say 6 mos + but she loved the puppy right away. Now when we go to the toy store, everytime she sees the puppy on the shelf her face lights up, she smiles and starts kicking her legs! I usually put it in the car for her to play with. I place it at the edge of her carseat resting on the seat of the car so she can kick it and make it talk/sing/laugh whatever. A really great toy. Beware: you will have kid's songs stuck in your head! Grandma went to be singing "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" the other night!
review image