5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy - for babies or beasts! :)
Published on August 30, 2011 by D. Steele

2.0 out of 5 stars "Buttons" are too sensitive
Published 19 months ago by ladybugs81

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy - for babies or beasts! :), August 30, 2011
D. Steele (Arkansas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy with Bonus CD (Toy)
Okay - feel free to laugh. I bought one of these initially from a local store, brought it home, and set the sack in the floor while I unpack other items. My little Yorkie/Shih Tzu mix is EXTREMELY nosey and has to inspect all sacks when they enter our home. (She strongly suspects they all contain something for her.) She bumped this toy and "set it off" singing and talking. Once she overcame her fear and suspicions, she fell in LOVE with this toy. After all, it is incredibly cute, and it is interactive regardless if you are a human or a dog - as long as the buttons are punched, it merrily sings and talks. It is also extremely durable. Normally she "guts" stuffed toys in about five minutes flat, but this little guy has stood up to some serious chewing, shaking, dragging across the floors (it is almost bigger than she is) and romping. However, my intent was to give this toy to my nephew (who is due at the end of September). Seeing how much she enjoyed the toy, I just went ahead and bought another one (with the CD this time) for him. It is the same toy, just a bonus CD. So, as unorthodox as it is, I can attest to some pretty tough durability after the tests my pup has put the toy through - and her teeth are sharp and she can shake pretty hard, so I'm going to say everything will be safe and sound for my nephew. (He may be able to put it to tougher tests later, but we're good for a while.) :) I really like this toy and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT for babies & little kids!, September 17, 2011
I got this for my 6 month old, but her 4 month old BFF LOVES it more than she, as well as my friends 3 yr old son who comes over often...would definitely say it's a great attention grabber - my 6 month old started dancing to the songs which she had never done before...it pretty much covers every childrens song out there, as well as colors, shapes, letters & numbers...the bonus CD has all the great kids songs I couldn't remember (as I make up lyrics each day to sing to my daughter LOL) so I quickly downloaded it to her IPOD so she could listen in her pack n play...overall VERY HAPPY with the purchase.... & saved $7 from what Babies R Us was charging....was even $2 less than Walmart...what a steal :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, November 11, 2011
I love this toy! I was worried about buying it online but I was very pleasantly surprised. It came in a box and the toy itself was sealed in clear plastic, which made me very happy. Its a toy for a baby, so I want it to be clean and protected during shipping. Good job Amazon! My baby enjoys playing with this toy.
Oh yes, and it has the CD inside he package. You can't beat the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy with Bonus CD, October 11, 2011
I ordered the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Learning Puppy for my grandaughter because she loves her two bassets and because of the past experience with Fisher-Price products. From the fist moment that she saw the puppy, she loved it. It is very attractice and loaded with intellectual stimulation. She and I are most pleased with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Okay, here's the deal., December 4, 2012
I have gotten this toy( for my almost 6 month old) and the My Pal Scout puppy for my older son when he was an infant. I prefer this one. Here's why.

The My Pal Scout;
You can customize this, pretty cool. Favorite song, food, color, and name. But the songs are so repetitive and not very educational. Things like "If you're happy and you know it." Also, the battery compartment never stays closed.

This toy;
You can't customize it, but the songs are very educational. It tells you the numbers, colors, sings. Has the names written on the hand, foot, ear. And I love the heart, which glows when the puppy talks. This is helpful for attracting baby's attention. It sits up easier than the Scout, too.

I just like it better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun Once I Figured out the Defect!, December 29, 2011
I bought this toy for my 5-month-old daughter because my niece had the same one when she was a baby and I personally loved it! When I took it out of the packaging, I removed the demo tab, but it apparently stayed in demo mode. It would only sing part of each song, including the alphabet song only going up to the letter "p." I thought it was defective and prepared to return it. I read other reviews and realized that this was not uncommon. I took the batteries out and sorta jiggled the tabs next to the battery case with a blunt metal object. :-) After that, it worked fine and we both love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars 17 month baby girl loves, January 6, 2012
We received violet the dog and this one for Christmas and prefer this one. This dog is very sweet with a positive upbeat voice, and very complementary. Love the songs! While violet is able to be personalized, we still prefer this one. Violets back Velcro will not stay closed while this one does. They are both cute but if we had to choose, fisher price dog would win. Most importantly baby girl loves it and does pat a cake along with. Great purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars "Buttons" are too sensitive, December 28, 2012
If you're choosing between this one and the Leap Frog My Pal Scout, go for Scout! My daughter now has both. However, I wouldn't buy this puppy again. The buttons/sensors in his hands/feet, etc, are way too sensitive! If you're dancing it around while it sings the ABC's, be prepared for it to stop and say "FOOT!" and discontinue because it doesn't take much to interrupt it. You barely have to push the buttons which, for some children, may be a good thing. However, it annoys me and I'm sure it will eventually annoy my child. I only spent $16 on this on a lightning deal here on Amazon, or I'd probably be sending it back. I've considered it... Besides Scout being better, you can also plug it into your computer and have it "learn" your child's favorite animal, food, color, and even your child's name... It can pronounce most names. I'm so much more of a fan of Scout...

5.0 out of 5 stars So Simple,Your LIttle One CAN DO IT!!!!, July 25, 2011
My children loved to play with this toy because it is so easy to "make music". Each of the "paws" can be squeezed and out comes a different note. This makes it easy to understand "cause and effect" and easy to play "music" - of a sort. Plus, since it is not a complicated toy, even younger children (like the one pictured) can enjoy the toy. Plus, as the kids get older, it is still a cute "stuffed" animal.

However if you are looking for a quiet toy, this is not it. The thing my kids have all loved is that they can make it make noise!!! Get it for the fun, but don't expect any peace and quiet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational, November 1, 2011
This makes an excellent learning toy every child 6 months or older can receive.
Its very interactive. Purchased for my nephew for his christmas gift.

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy with Bonus CD