5.0 out of 5 stars A hit with toddlers!
Published 14 months ago by K. Blaine

3.0 out of 5 stars Decently Entertaining Toy
Published 14 months ago by avgvstvs

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit with toddlers!, October 19, 2013
K. Blaine (Peninsula, OH USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered this toy for my cousin's toddler, who is just a bit over 16 months old. Joey adored the toy from the very beginning. He quickly caught on, with the help of older brother Brandon (who is nearly five), how to keep the puppy reading and singing by turning the pages of the book. In fact, it was Brandon who figured out the toy and taught Joey how to use it completely, a testament to the user-friendliness and age-appropriateness of this toy. I thought the price might be a little high, but I must say it had provided hours of fun and laughter, as well as a good learning experience for Joey. I would guess that this would make a good "from the grandparents" toy, simply because of the price. I definitely recommend it--and the batteries are included, something I wish would become industry standard.

Update: After speaking with people who are more accustomed to purchasing toys than I am, I am going to change my opinion of the price. One person I spoke with said, "Thirty five bucks? For a puppy that sings and reads and moves? That is really reasonable." So I think I may be living in the previous century when it comes to price. This is a delightful toy, and I think any toddler would love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Interactive, September 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This toy is simple to use--just turn it on and it immediately comes to life. There are two different volume levels (thank goodness since children seem to like repetitive things, so mom can turn the volume down a bit). There are two options which are easy for the child to learn: song and story. Squeezing a hand or foot on the puppy's right paws plays a song and the paws on the left play a story. Both the song and the story follow along with the pages of the plastic book on the puppy's chest. There is one page that can be turned back and forth, and the story or song will change to coordinate with the open pages of the book. The book is colorful with whimsical characters and symbols, and the puppy's voice is incredibly sweet. Adults and children alike will find it adorable. It's a sturdy, well-built toy that will take many times being dragged around and abused by a baby or toddler. My son owns a few other versions of this Storytime Puppy that do different things like teach the alphabet and counting, and all of them have proven to be resilient and entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get into motion, October 11, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Long time ago when I saw the puppy sing the ABC song, I was very taken by it. Then I didnt know that the ABC song is so popular.
Whats great about this puppy is its motion. My 20 month old daughter followed the puppy in its moving to the sides and bringing the hands together motion, as soon as we got it going. The book worm is cute when it lights up. When the kids sit down, the puppy is close to their size and eye level. For this reason, the puppy becomes their pal very soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decently Entertaining Toy, October 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I purchased this toy for my daughter who loves plush toys who talk and move. Before, I even removed the toy from the packaging she was crying that she wanted it. The general appearance of the toy was obviously appealing to her at first glance. When you press either of its feet, it plays several songs and tell stories. It's arms and head move but not the mouth. The legs are soft and filled with stuffing but the arms and chest are literally biotic with just fabric placed over the machinery. It would have greatly improved the toy if the manufacturer had covered the metal frame with some patting and not just a thin swath of fabric. The the reason I just discussed makes the toy not very cuddly. My daugther is decently entertained by it, but she lost interest pretty quickly and won't hug it like she does her other toys which talk and move. Overall, a decent product but not one of my favorite toys I have purchased for her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost 12 month old LOVES it!, November 5, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I chose this puppy toy for my (almost) 12 month old baby, Muffin. Unlike her two year old twin siblings, Muffin likes to play alone, and I hoped this toy would stimulate her. This is the first toy we have owned in the "Fisher Price Puppy" line, and I am very pleased with it. Muffin loves the bright lights as well as the songs and stories. Unlike some other battery operated toys, this is not an "annoying" toy, the music as well as speaking is pleasant and does not grate on the nerves. My 2 year old twins also like the puppy, and they probably get more "educational" value from the puppy than my 12 month old does, but all three of them get a lot of fun playtime from this puppy.

5.0 out of 5 stars really liked, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Singin' Storytime Puppy (Toy)
really liked all the options. lots of fun.
grandchild loves it and that makes me happy.
won't be disappointed at all

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy but have your screwdriver handy, October 19, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this toy for my 6 month old grandson, though his 2 year 9 month old sister likes to help him play with it. This is a colorful, stimulating and creative toy that is entertaining and educational up to about 2 years old, but not much beyond. My granddaughter definitely has no interest in playing with this on her own. My grandson on the other hand finds it fascinating and easy to use.

Note: The packaging on this is ridiculous. You need a Phillips screwdriver to remove two screws from a plastic bracket just to take this out of the box. You will also need your Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws in the battery compartment to change the batteries once they are exhausted. This takes four C batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, Fun Entertainment. A must buy!, November 23, 2014
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Singin' Storytime Puppy (Toy)
I purchased this for my one year old grandson, and he absolutely LOVES it. As soon as it came on and began singing to him in a sweet, happy voice, my grandson giggled and began to rock back & forth to dance with it. He was so excited due to the interaction it had with him, and when the song was over, my grandson leaned forward and gave the pup a big hug! I feel this is a great teaching and entertainment toy for boys or girls alike, and any age 6 months and up will really love it. This continues to be one of his favorite "go-to" toys each day.
As usual, this is a well made device from Fisher Price.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it!, August 19, 2014
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Singin' Storytime Puppy (Toy)
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas last year and she went nuts over it. She actually was fighting me to get it out of the package because I wasn't getting it out fast enough. Lol. She was only 20 months old when we gave it to her, but she carried that thing around alllll day, and still does now almost a year later. I'd rather have only $25 for it instead of $39, but she was happy with it so that makes me happy. I would absolutely make this purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 9 month old loves this!, December 26, 2014
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Singin' Storytime Puppy (Toy)
ADORE this dog. My son has been playing with a similar one at his Nana's that doesn't have the book or move! (I had no idea it moved it's arms and ears... so cute!) But he loves that other dog so we thought he would like this too... wrong, he LOOOVES it! He was so excited that he was shaking! And he hugged this dog so tight that I thought he might break it! I absolutely recommend, and will likely buy it for gifts for all my friends with babies!

Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Singin' Storytime Puppy