Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

VINE VOICEon October 19, 2013
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I ordered this toy for my cousin's toddler, who is just a bit over 16 months old. Joey adored the toy from the very beginning. He quickly caught on, with the help of older brother Brandon (who is nearly five), how to keep the puppy reading and singing by turning the pages of the book. In fact, it was Brandon who figured out the toy and taught Joey how to use it completely, a testament to the user-friendliness and age-appropriateness of this toy. I thought the price might be a little high, but I must say it had provided hours of fun and laughter, as well as a good learning experience for Joey. I would guess that this would make a good "from the grandparents" toy, simply because of the price. I definitely recommend it--and the batteries are included, something I wish would become industry standard.

Update: After speaking with people who are more accustomed to purchasing toys than I am, I am going to change my opinion of the price. One person I spoke with said, "Thirty five bucks? For a puppy that sings and reads and moves? That is really reasonable." So I think I may be living in the previous century when it comes to price. This is a delightful toy, and I think any toddler would love it.
on September 27, 2013
This toy is simple to use--just turn it on and it immediately comes to life. There are two different volume levels (thank goodness since children seem to like repetitive things, so mom can turn the volume down a bit). There are two options which are easy for the child to learn: song and story. Squeezing a hand or foot on the puppy's right paws plays a song and the paws on the left play a story. Both the song and the story follow along with the pages of the plastic book on the puppy's chest. There is one page that can be turned back and forth, and the story or song will change to coordinate with the open pages of the book. The book is colorful with whimsical characters and symbols, and the puppy's voice is incredibly sweet. Adults and children alike will find it adorable. It's a sturdy, well-built toy that will take many times being dragged around and abused by a baby or toddler. My son owns a few other versions of this Storytime Puppy that do different things like teach the alphabet and counting, and all of them have proven to be resilient and entertaining.
on August 19, 2014
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas last year and she went nuts over it. She actually was fighting me to get it out of the package because I wasn't getting it out fast enough. Lol. She was only 20 months old when we gave it to her, but she carried that thing around alllll day, and still does now almost a year later. I'd rather have only $25 for it instead of $39, but she was happy with it so that makes me happy. I would absolutely make this purchase again.
on November 23, 2014
I purchased this for my one year old grandson, and he absolutely LOVES it. As soon as it came on and began singing to him in a sweet, happy voice, my grandson giggled and began to rock back & forth to dance with it. He was so excited due to the interaction it had with him, and when the song was over, my grandson leaned forward and gave the pup a big hug! I feel this is a great teaching and entertainment toy for boys or girls alike, and any age 6 months and up will really love it. This continues to be one of his favorite "go-to" toys each day.
As usual, this is a well made device from Fisher Price.
VINE VOICEon October 5, 2013
I purchased this toy for my daughter who loves plush toys who talk and move. Before, I even removed the toy from the packaging she was crying that she wanted it. The general appearance of the toy was obviously appealing to her at first glance. When you press either of its feet, it plays several songs and tell stories. It's arms and head move but not the mouth. The legs are soft and filled with stuffing but the arms and chest are literally biotic with just fabric placed over the machinery. It would have greatly improved the toy if the manufacturer had covered the metal frame with some patting and not just a thin swath of fabric. The the reason I just discussed makes the toy not very cuddly. My daugther is decently entertained by it, but she lost interest pretty quickly and won't hug it like she does her other toys which talk and move. Overall, a decent product but not one of my favorite toys I have purchased for her.
on November 24, 2015
Both our grandsons just LOVE their "Ruff-Ruffs!" I got each of them (born 19 days apart) one several months ago, just on a whim. Ruff-Ruff is absolutely their favorite toy! He always gets smiles from them, no matter what! A must have, for sure! He's great!
on May 4, 2016
Really cute toy. Purchased for my granddaughter. When I gave it to her, her eyes lit up! She plays with this often and can be seen dragging it by it's ear where ever she goes. Score points for this Nana!
on December 20, 2014
This toy was purchased for a XMAS gift. It didnt work when it arrived so decided to replace the batteries just to find out the battery casing was rusted and corroded. I was sooo bad that not even new batteries made it work!
review image review image
on November 11, 2015
Had to return because battery compartment was corroded with old batteries, this item was on special when I purchased so I don't know if they were trying to clear out old inventory, they did accept the return without any issues.
on January 4, 2015
Oh, this toy is awesome! And it's not expensive either.
My 10 months old girl loves it and can't stop playing with it.
It has an excellent selection of songs and activities kids can follow easily very loud and clear.
Batteries last for a very long time as well. We've had it for about a month now and they are still running the toy.