4.0 out of 5 stars Great for "on the go"
Published on October 27, 2009 by sshicks

3.0 out of 5 stars My Baby Girl Likes This Toy
My 9 month old baby girl really likes this toy. Its not so much of an educational value (yet) as it is an entertainment for her. The light and the noise is quite attracting to her. She can entertain herself for quite some time with it. Its easy to carry anywhere. Its been quite durable as well. MY daughter has dropped it a couple times and it still just fine.
Published on March 26, 2010 by Rahul Khatod

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for "on the go", October 27, 2009
sshicks (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Teddy's Shapes & Colors Book (Toy)
My 13 month old got this as a first birthday gift and she loves this book. Great for "on the go" (car, restaurant, waiting room) Pros: It's small enough to fit in a small diaper bag. It has a on/off switch with low/high volume. The story reads out loud when she turns the pages. Press the big button for songs and learning. Cons: The story is very short (only two pages).

4.0 out of 5 stars A good distraction!, July 15, 2010
Ultraviolet (Charlotte NC USA) - See all my reviews
We bought one of these for our 1 year old's birthday because she already liked another "talking" book she had. Based on the last week or two of owning it, here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
It's really compact so it fits on a small high chair tray or in a diaper bag easily.
It's lightweight but super durable.
It has an on/off/volume switch, which is hard to find in some of these toys!
The pages are laminated stickers, so it's easy to (gently) clean.
It says about a dozen different things which is good for a small book.
The voice is not annoying, and kind of cute.
Really easy to open! No frustrating twist ties to get it out of the package!!! (Those twist ties on children's toys are the bane of my existence.)

Cons:
It's only 2 pages, so it's not going to last a whole long car trip or anything.
The pages are a little hard to gently turn. Maybe that will work itself out with more use.

My girl has thrown it from the high chair multiple times and it hasn't even hiccuped. She's gotten grubby food fingers all over it, and I've been able to wipe it clean with a damp sponge with no trouble. It is kind of short, so it may be necessary to make some of your own fun with it. For example, when the song sings "red, yellow, green and blue" we point to the different colors on the front page. Or we add some sign language. On the inside it says, "The ball is a circle." My daughter knows how to sign "ball" so when the book says that, she signs "ball" and points to the red ball. We also point at "bear" and "kitty" on the following pages.

So overall it's a really good toy, and the only real negatives I have about it are that it's short for the price and could be a little easier for small hands to handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, January 18, 2013
This was a gift for my grandson for Christmas, very cute and baby friendly. I would recommend this product to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, June 12, 2012
I got this for my 1 year old daughters first birthday. She loves to "read" so I thought it would be a good book to have since she can't eat the pages! She loves it. We keep it in the car and it keep her busy. I would highly recommended it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, November 21, 2011
My daughter got this at about 6 months and has loved it ever since. She is 1 1/2 now and still plays with it. This is the perfect size for on-the-go unlike other books of this kind. She loved that it reads and talks to her as well as pushing the button and it says more. This book is also the envy of all the other toddlers no matter which play group she is in. I would highly recommend this for a gift or for your kiddo. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, November 20, 2011
My baby received this gift as a 3 month old. She continues to play with it every day & at 9 months, now really turns the pages back and forth. It keeps her busy for quite a long time every day. This remains her very favorite toy & she has tons of toys!

3.0 out of 5 stars My Baby Girl Likes This Toy, March 26, 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for short term fun, April 27, 2010
My 1 year old received this as a birthday gift. He likes to press the button and turn the pages, but it loses it's appeal after about a minute of play time. I like how it asks questions on each page, and when he is a little older, this could provide a fun challenge. I do wish that it was a little longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good toy!, October 12, 2010
We bought this toy for our one year old, after searching for a simple and educational toy, we decided to purchase this one. When we gave it to him, we just showed him once how to press the button and from then he was on his own, flipping the pages for himself and having fun. We have definitely made a good purchase and intend to purchase more of a similar fashion for him, as he grows. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a not too expensive, strong and educational toy at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, November 15, 2010
Bought this for my Grand daughter when she was 6 months old. She loves these kind of little books. She learned very quickly how to push the button so that it would play music or talk to her. She is 1 now and still loves these little books. Hopefully she will start learning thru them now. She is a rough neck and has thrown it from high chair to floor many times in a restaurant and it has not broken yet and the batteries are still going.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›