Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 2, 2011
As a first-time parent, my newborn daughter loves this. She is kinda fussy and wants to be held all the time, but putting this on with vibrations and sound will soothe her and if repeated cycle after cycle will put her to sleep. That leads to the first "con" - the built in timer doesn't last long enough. They should either have a longer timer, or the option to have it constant on (un-timered). I am still on my first set of batteries, but can see how this might be a hog for them. So the other "con" is they should maybe offer a dual power source - have it run on batteries for portability, but maybe offer an AC adapter so you can put it in one place and let it be.

I'm still giving it 5 stars because these are ways to improve what is already a good product, not something "wrong" with it.

As for some of the other negative comments: It's not a bouncy seat, BUT it's not advertised as such; "It didn't work for my baby" - it's a baby, not a robot. What works for one or even most rarely works for ALL; The music's too loud/annoying/etc. - I find I can tune it out pretty well, it's typical lullaby stuff, so what do you expect for a baby product. As far as background noise goes, one can do a lot worse. It is loud enough to hear aross a room, but not through walls or anything crazy. Just loud enough to let you know when it stops.
on November 28, 2011
This is the best product! I'm not sure why people complain about this not bouncing -- it is not advertised as a bouncing chair! We puchased this product when our daughter was 2 months old, and she immediately took to it. In fact, we bought a second one because she was so happy in the chair to keep at our vacation house. The seat is increibly soft and comfortable (and washable) and our daughter was happy as a clam in it. We used the chair all the time, with and without music, with and without vibration -- it just depended on her mood. Between 2 and 4 months, she often took her early morning nap in this chair, and it was our safe dependable spot to place our daughter when our hands were full with something else. Our daughter used this chair until she simply was too big for it. She and we LOVED this product!!!

BTW I am very sensative to the volume on products, and this one is certainly not as loud as many other products. I often tape over the speakers if I feel a product is too loud. I did not feel the need to do that with this product.
on October 1, 2012
I bought this infant seat a couple years back (before they added the toy bar) for my sister in-law's baby shower. I mistakenly got it not noticing she had a different bouncer (an actual bouncer) on her registry. Well, she ended up getting the one she requested also and guess what? She returned that one and kept this one. After her son was about a year I had my own and she handed this down to us. I must no complaints from us and if she had any she never told us. it was super comfy.

To address some complaints i've read:
doesn't bounce-it isn't a advertised as a bouncer
makes baby's head fall into chest-ALL babies heads do this. maybe your baby isn't big enough for this seat yet.
loud-I've yet to come across a bouncer/swing/etc.... that wasn't loud. i highly doubt this can be any louder than a birght starts bouncer i bought for a road trip. and even that didn't bug me and i HATE noise.

I gave this 4 stars since it is an updated version and I only knew the first one.
on January 24, 2010
I am a first time mom of a baby boy, who is now 10 months old. For the first few months, there was absolutely nothing better - of all of the items on my very comprehensive registry, this seat was one of the best, most useful things I received. It is soft, comfortable, plays music my son loved and was soothed by, and was just terrific. I never review anything, on any site, yet I heavily rely on other reviews when buying something. I must say, this is terrific. I suggest getting this and a fisher price bouncy seat. We had the rainforest bouncer and it was similarly an excellent, useful purchase. FP is the best company - better than the more expensive brands.
on April 15, 2013
I used this chair a lot when my son was really young (2-4 months) and not sitting up yet. He would lay in it and look out the sliding glass doors and enjoy it. He slept in this chair and enjoyed the music and vibration. He never liked the mirror part a lot but enjoyed it a bit when he was around 4-5 months - or maybe I should say it would get his attention but only for a minute and he'd be bored. I often would attach different toys to it for him to play with, though. He still used this chair up to about 6 months old and I would also take it every month when we would go visit grandparents and use it as a way to feed him in leiu of the highchair because it folds up so nice and flat. I still have it set up in his room and use it for when he wakes up in the middle of the night to eat but he seems to have given that up this past week - yay! I never had the heart to just let him cry and scream in hunger and he would sleep about 6-8 hours and wake to eat and I'd just set him in his chair and feed him for a few minutes (he never liked being held on his back by me which is because of his dairy intolerance as a tiny baby which caused stomach pain and vomitting so this allowed him to have his legs scrunched up to his belly and soothe his belly and also allow him to throw up without choking, if needed). This chair proved handy and convenient for us and our situation. This is one I will keep for the next baby.
on November 29, 2015
Let me start by saying this arrived on time as promised. The box was in great condition, all items were inside the box as stated on the instructions. As a new father with twins I had to build two of these so I was hoping it woukd be easy to assembly which it was, to my surpise for something this affordable the quality is excellent, not cheaply designed and I defiantly feel safe for my kids to be in. The material for the bedding is soft and not cheaply made as well. This design appears that it will last for quite some time. I would definitely buy this again if I needed to buy a gift for someone.
on March 10, 2012
Wow, what a lifesaver this was!
In the first two months of my sons life, this was the ONLY place I could set him down. He absolutely loved it. The sound is good, the fabrics are so soft and plush and the soft, gentle colors are beautiful and very gender-neutral. It was very easy to assemble, too.
Batteries are easily accessible, which is great, because as often as we used it, they were replaced fairly regularly.

The Bad:
The timer. Goodness, I wish it lasted longer. When the vibrating ended, my son would wake often. I had to be careful to turn it back on quickly.
The toy is kinda boring and it gets in the way when putting the baby in and out. Fortunately, it removes easily.

Wish I could give it 5 stars, but because of the timer issue, it can only get 4. I would definitely buy it again, though!
on June 5, 2012
My 3 1/2 month old son has some symptoms of reflux. This seat is a very comfortable place for him to relax; I bought it specifically because it is NOT a bouncer (being in the bouncer for more than a few minutes at this age can make it hard for a baby to nap, due to over-stimulation). He likes to be in this seat while watching his dad and me do housework or other things. The angle works well for him, and as he is a bigger boy, I am glad the seat is deep. We have not even put batteries in it, because he doesn't need the music or vibration or anything to be entertained and comfortable. He's pretty much content to look around from this vantage point. The dangling toy is very interesting to him, and he enjoys batting at it for short periods of time. As other reviewers have said, the fact that the toy bar "swings out of the way" is unimpressive, because it doesn't lock in the out-of-the-way position. But it is very easy to take the toy bar off, so when he's not playing with it, we just remove it. Our son has done his best to poop, pee, and spit up all over the seat, and it all seems to wash out very well. You can even put the cushion in the dryer on low.
on November 21, 2012
This little seat is wonderful. Not only is it a sweet idea with the little ears, the actual material is incredibly soft and warm, easy to remove for cleaning and the angle is perfect for a sleeping baby. I have another seat which is more interactive, however, this one, whilst it has music, a hanging lamb and a mirror, I felt it is more about the comfort for the baby. My baby sleeps very soundly in the seat which actually is a bonus as that wasn't my main reason for buying. I'd recommend it also due to the wide width which is ideal for older babies.
on March 1, 2012
We got this seat at the strong recommendation of several friends, including some pediatricians, as a sanity-saving baby soothing device. I was so glad to have it on several occasions when baby couldn't stop crying, even after being held/soothed/nursed, and she would calm quickly if we swaddled her, gave her a pacifier, and placed her in this chair on the vibration setting. We don't have a baby swing or bouncy seat, so I don't know how she would have liked either of those in comparison. I am giving it 4 stars because shortly after she turned two months, her little legs already dangled off of the end in an uncomfortable-looking way (at 24 inches in height), and it just doesn't seem like a great design on that end of the chair. I almost feel bad saying that, knowing how much we depended on this thing in the early weeks! I think Fisher-Price now makes some sort of combination vibration/swing/travel chair that might be even more useful and practical than this one, I would think. I will say that this chair is very easy to take with me and I have taken it with me several times even when going across town to visit a friend, it folds flat and I throw it in the front seat of my car. It's nice to have a different place for her to sit and to be able to get out of her carseat once we get to our destination. You should always use the buckle because it is only a matter of time before baby ends up scooting down to the bottom without it, and could impair her breathing since it causes her head to bend forward in that position. I also would never leave her unattended in it while swaddled since, again, the swaddle blanket could rise up toward her face if she ended up scooting down in the chair for any reason, and the vibrations seemed to jiggle her down as far as the strap would allow. The "scooting" was more of an issue when she was first born and small for the strap, too