Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:42 Mins
Published on September 22, 2012 by CKE

3.0 out of 5 stars Exciting for Kids, Less Excited Parent
I was so excited to get this for our 3-year old who LOVES Little People but have a mixed experience with it.

I can totally see how as a kid, this toy would be AMAZING.

As a parent, however, I have had some frustrations:
Published on July 31, 2012 by C Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars A Video Review of the Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace, September 22, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace (Toy)
Length:: 4:42 Mins

Some times it is easy to decide if your child will like (or love) a certain toy. The Disney Little-People Princess Song Palace is one of those toys. If you have a daughter who like the Disney princesses then she will likely love this princess palace. It features all of the things that are needed to provide hours of imaginative play time. For our daughter (who is 3) immediately fell in love with her palace. She played with it for 2 hours straight, and begged to play with it before she went to bed. Rarely has she been so excited to play with a new toy.

I also feel that it will likely have some staying power. Most of our daughter's electronic toys have a tendency to fade after a week or two. They seem to be high on gimmick and low on long-term playing power. Because of the variety of princesses and the ability to integrate the princesses into story-lines it offers hours of imaginative play.

Notes-

- Comes with Snow White and Cinderella, but more princesses can be purchased separately.

- One of the coolest features is that when a princess is placed on the peg in the middle of the dance floor they will either state their name (in their true voice) or play a familiar phrase or song.

- The dance floor has two small *cups* that will hold the princess and allow them to dance and twirl on the floor. In addition to the dance the palace also plays ball-room music.

-Assembly is a bit of a pain - please allow about 30 minutes for assembly. Others have mentioned it but the assembly is not intuitive and can be a bit frustrating.

- Two volume settings.

- A tea pot int he kitchen make a tea pot sound and other sounds.

- The front door play a quick but regal sound whenever the doors are opened or closed.

- The elevator on the side of the palace is a bit difficult to use. It really does not go up or down easily - this is probably our biggest complaint on the palace.

- The Palace does come with some furniture - including a bed, table, and two chairs.

Final Verdict - This is a very easy recommendation for any little girl who enjoys the Disney princesses.

4 1/2 Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars We've got a winner!, August 17, 2012
My hubby and I bought this palace, the additional princess dolls (set of 6 sold at Target) and the additional sets with the princes (sea carriage with Ariel and Eric is adorable!) all for our 2 year olds birthday. We opened the palace and she has not stopped playing with it since. This has become a toy that gets played with every single day. Our 5 year old loves it, too! This castle is a HUGE hit in our house. It has so many cute phrases and song clips from each of the princess movies. When you place the dolls on the center circle of the dance floor, each princess introduces herself, says a few character phrases and then sings a song clip from her movie. Our girls adore this feature. Our two year old claps in excitement and dances along with the songs. It's so cute. The palace also encourages the girls to be creative and use their imagination while playing. It came in a few easy to screw in and snap together pieces. You will need a small Phillips head screw driver to assemble some of it. Nothing major. No defects with our pieces. It took us about 10 mins to assemble, including peeling the stickers off the sheet and placing them on the pieces. This is a classically sturdy Fisher Price quality toy, it is colorful and fun. Each room or accessory has a sticker that incorporates parts of the Disney Princess movies. Example, Rapunzel's tower has the floating lanterns and a baby Pascal (her chameleon) painted on the wall. Another room is about Cinderella, the bedroom has the three good fairies from Sleeping Beauty. Our girls totally love the castle and all the dolls that we purchased to go with it. Their little imaginations run wild making up stories about being invited to the ball etc. Seeing our little ones happy makes us happy parents. No complaints from this family. If your little one(s) adore Disney Princess the way ours do, our advice is: buy this castle! :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Exciting for Kids, Less Excited Parent, July 31, 2012

I can totally see how as a kid, this toy would be AMAZING.

As a parent, however, I have had some frustrations:
1. The first castle we bought only recognized some of the princesses - Cinderella thought she was Rapunzel and we couldn't even get Tiana or Sleeping Beauty to work at all (from the expansion pack). I would imagine this is a fluke, but we had to get right back in the car and return it (bought at Target for less than this Amazon price). The good news is they accepted it fully put together as defective, but I would definitely suggest testing the base before putting the whole thing together.
2. Speaking of assembly, you absolutely must have very skinny Phillips Head -- we had a heck of time getting a screw driver tiny enough and long enough for some of the screws/pieces and you have to be very careful not to strip them in the process.
3. For a more expensive toy, some of the pieces we warped based in how it was packed (in ours the bedroom floor is slanted instead of flat).
4. Our daughter is already frustrated with the ONE SONG that plays for the dance floor - sometimes you can hit another button to make it stop, but most of time it doesn't and you have to wait for it to finish. It got old to her (and me) very quickly.
5. My nostalgia and daughter's excitement totally enticed me to buy this, but really, they could have done a MUCH better job with what they gave some the princesses to say and sing. Snow White sounds beyond antiquated and sings, "I'm waiting for my Prince..." -- I'm not overly shielding my daughter from the whole princess thing (obviously, since I bought this), but THAT is the song you gave her to sing? Not something recognizable like Whistle While You Work or anything a bit less old-school? I will say that some of them (like Ariel and Rapunzel) are spot-on, but Snow White and Tiana in particular, are phoned-in stereotypes in terms of sayings/songs. It would have been pretty easy to put a bit more thought into a few of them to make them both true to the character and not parent eyebrow-raising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some assembly required., September 17, 2012
I just put this darling little palace together for my Princess. These are the things I've learned, and am sharing to spare you.

*Make sure said Princess is not within 25 feet of any assembly
*Drink one adult beverage prior to assembly
*Apply all stickers to palace parts prior to assembly....they STICK tightly and can't be moved, therefore there is not a shared picture of my palace...okay it wasn't that bad
*Make sure said Princess is not within 25 feet of any assembly

The palace is adorable, as are all of the little princesses. Little People + Disney equals awesome. We've gotten nearly every little person that goes with it and Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess: Ariel's Coach. Completely worth it. I have a feeling that the neighboring farmers will be moving into the palace as well. Not sure if they'll let Cinderella drive the tractor.

Also, places not named Amazon have exclusive sets that contain dwarfs and princesses that you can purchase. Pretty sure you can never have too many princesses.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but..., September 12, 2012
My 4 year old enjoys playing with the castle. Lots of options for independent, imaginative play which is what we are working on. My only complaint is that (considering the not-so-cheap price tag ) the castle comes apart easily. If you pick it up by the top, it disconnects and the flags fall off of the top easily. I spend quite a bit of time putting it back together if my daughter picks it up. Ultimately, we are going to have to glue the pieces together. So think about ordering some Krazy Glue along with this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a hit for us!, September 18, 2012
I got my daughter the whole set for her birthday (castle, princesses, Ariel's ride). My daughter is 3 and I was worried about little people being too babyish for her since she has a real doll house. This was a hit right out of the box! Each princess sings their own song when placed in the middle, she loves to sing along. The Princes don't make any noise when placed on the center. There is only one song played when they are dancing...gets annoying. The teapot makes one noise. The castle doors also make noise when opened.
Like someone else mentioned our castle had a warped bedroom floor. It does not sit straight.....bothers me a ton makes no difference to my daughter. My husband was not thrilled putting this together...he hates putting kids toys together in general well more taking them out of crazy packaging but lol it took him a few to find a screw driver small enough for the holes. I think it should have been priced lower more 30-35 range. Overall was it worth it..yes. My daughter loved it that's all that matters. Even her little brother who is 10 months can eat...I mean play with it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Possible Gift for a Little Princess!, May 17, 2014
We bought this for my daughter's third birthday (12/17/13) it's now exactly six months later and not only does she still play with this, but she plays with it EVERY DAY! We have ordered additional Princesses to go with it because two just weren't enough, especially when her dad, brothers, cousins or I end up playing with her. My niece is 6 and every time she visits she wants to play with the castle too. And even with all the use, the original batteries that we put in it when we bought it (which were generic) still haven't needed replaced! There are two volume settings and an "off" switch for times when mom's on the phone.

The only issues we have had are with the flags on the top - they kept falling off and we ended up having to hot glue them on - and the "elevator" / balcony on the side that doesn't move up and down as smoothly as I would like - it takes two hands for my daughter to move. But those are such small things they aren't worth taking off a star for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adorable but has software glitches, November 7, 2012
The Castle design with the Little People Princess figures is adorable. There is no question that most little girls will delight in hearing their favorite Disney Princesses speak and sing their theme songs. I find it very frustrating that there is a recognition problem with the figures. On the sample I bought Rapunzel sometimes thinks she is Rapunzel but quite often thinks she is Ariel and sings music from Little Mermaid. Some of the figures don't seem to trigger the speech and music at all. I think this is a great product concept but I expected better performance from Fisher Price on a $40+ product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, July 1, 2012
My 20 month old daughter can not get enough of the Disney Princess Little People Palace! The music is just a bonus as she spends most of the time playing with the princesses and her other little people in all the rooms. This is an engaging toy and she loves it. She always enjoyed playing with her big sister's barbie house and now she has one just for her!

4.0 out of 5 stars A One-Trick Pony Toddlers Will Love, October 23, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Initially, I planned to make this a video review but my daughter just turned 3 and won't let me get a good video of her playing with it... if you're a toddler parent you know exactly what bringing out any form of camera does to them. lol

Since I can't get a video please let me start this review by saying that this toy is going to drive parents crazy. Assembly*** is required but quite easy. The castle is pretty loud and the sounds are annoying! It comes with the two figures, Cinderella and Snow White, and each says different things when placed in the center of the dance floor. My daughter was bored of them pretty quickly so we picked up another set of her choosing, Fisher-Price Little People Disney 2 Pack: Belle and Beast, since they are all supposed to interact with the castle. Belle has speech with the castle but alas, Beast does not. My daughter was not happy about that and everytime we play with the castle I have to remind her that it's not broken he just doesn't have lines of his own. He can make it make music, but he doesn't say anything.

All in all, the Fisher Price Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace is a one-trick pony. It just doesn't do much aside from make sounds and have the doors open and close. The balconey on the side is impossible for my little girl to slide up and down on her own so I frequently have to help her with it and the flag we do have falls off a lot. The bed and chairs barely fit anywhere in the castle so play space around the palace is needed.

I do love that you can find various Disney character 'easter eggs' throughout the molded plastic and stickers that line it. Pascal from Tangled and Abu from Aladin for example. That it can be expanded with more figures is a plus and I've seen some retailers have exclusive sets worth looking into. I especially adore the Fisher Price Little People Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs set but I'm certain it will have the same issue as Beast does as far as the voices are concerned.

If you're looking at this as a possible holiday gift don't hesitate, buy it now. The advertising on these has been popping up on kid channels, as well as magazine gift guides and store flyers, and I forsee it being a hot ticket--and hard to find post Black Friday--item with girls in the 2-4 age group this holiday season. It might have its flaws but little girls will get lots of playtime out of it.

***As a bit of a side note I wanted to let my fellow consumers know that ours was missing one of the flags straight from the package and when I contacted Mattel they let me know my only options were to return it to Amazon or they could give me a voucher for money toward another toy. The CS experience was truly great, very friendly and professional at the same time, so be assured if you experience any problems with their toys they will make sure you get great care.

Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace