Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

VINE VOICEon August 16, 2012
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've bought several set of Fisher Price Little People over the years as gifts, and never been disappointed. I thought this gift would be a home run since it was Little People, animals and a train, but in this instance it wasn't as big of a hit as I thought it would be.

I didn't realize when I bought it that it is really meant to be a companion piece to the larger Zoo Talkers set. The quality of the set is Fisher Price, so it's cute, kids love the animals, the sounds and the colors, it's fairly durable and can withstand a lot of use, but unfortunately not all of the pieces make the noises like I thought they would since they were all sold together as a set. A big disappointment since the little one that I bought it for doesn't have the larger Zoo Talker set. I think this is basically a way for the toy manufacturer to sell more of both sets. Since the Zoo Talkers set doesn't have these animals included in the train set, but not all of the animals in the train set will work and make the sounds unless you have the larger Zoo set. I don't like that. I think that every piece sold with the set should work with the set without having to purchase another set to get them to work. This may be a way for them to try and sell more of everything, but instead it has made me a bit wary of buying more from them without checking online reviews first.

If you are looking for just a train, this might be fine but a little overpriced for what it does. If you have the larger Zoo Talkers set, I think you will probably really love it, but if you don't you may want to reconsider a different Little People set (like maybe the Farm).
on October 16, 2013
My son loves all the Little People toys, so for his birthday, we put both the Animal Sounds Zoo and the Animal Sounds Zoo Train on his wishlist. We loved the idea that animals from the train could also be "listened" to on the zoo toy.

Unfortunately, the animals from his zoo train do not work with his zoo....the hole on the bottom of the animals is too small for the peg on the zoo. At least at the time these were purchased for him, there was nothing in the listing stating that the zoo train animals would only be compatible with a certain zoo model number. It appears that we have an older zoo? It was new in the box (purchased on Amazon), so I find it strange that they wouldn't work together. We wanted to buy more of the animals, too, but now we'll be very wary. Buyers beware!
on April 10, 2012
We love zoo talkers products in general...my kids got the zoo itself and the safari truck for Christmas. My daughter also loves trains so this seemed like a logical choice and she loves it! And the white tiger and koala are awesome! :)
on November 6, 2012
I bought this for my 8-month old granddaughter. I was looking for things to keep her entertained
while sitting on the floor. It's hard to keep her still. It worked. She loved it immediately.
She danced to the music, loved grabbing the animals/people/wheels. She turned it over to examine
and pulled it apart. She liked watching me wheel it around and turning the ferris wheel. I recommend this toy.
If I hated this toy it'd still be a 5 star review... my 21 month old loves it. From my point of view, I see nothing unsafe about it. It is pretty durable. (The little guy has been at it for around a month and it's showing no sign of wear), but the main thing that he enjoys it. If you buy I hope your little one has as much fun as mine has and thank you for taking the time to read my review.
on November 6, 2014
Cute Little People set. I thought the animals would make their sound like they do in the actual zoo but it really just plays tunes and things. My son doesn't care about that though. He loves the train, he loves animals and he loves music so this is a big hit. He does play with it and seem to enjoy it. I wouldn't say it is one of his favorite toys but he does break it out at least once a week.
VINE VOICEon January 24, 2013
This is our 2nd Zoo Talkers Toy. We also have the larger Zoo playset. This makes a nice complementary item to the larger set although you do not need to have both. I have two young children and I find my less active, more imaginative child enjoys playing with Zoo Talkers. There is not a lot of fancy things to it. You have your animals, the train, the Ferris wheel. The animals "talk" when you place them in the Ferris wheel. Of course your children are going to want to place every small toy they own in the Ferris wheel and they all won't talk but still fun to spin things around. You can order more animals to go with this, for more of the "talking" fun if that's what your kids enjoy. Mine could care less about that part at their young age (2.5 and 1). They are more into make the train go places and spinning the Ferris wheel around.
on December 3, 2015
My kids love this they have the ZOO it goes with and a bunch of the animals as well as the truck. We built up a nice collection in about 2 years that it was available. They love playing with this still.
on January 10, 2014
My 2-year-old son already has the zoo talker zoo and a lot of the animals. I knew that with that and how much he loves trains, that this toy would be a Christmas hit. Its well-made and seems to be pretty sturdy. It makes fun sounds and he can put his zoo animals in it and take them for a "tour" (as he puts it). However, the animals that came with the train do not have the hole on the bottom to interact with the zoo talker zoo. He get's very frustrated that he can't hear what the white tiger and koala "say" when he adds them to his zoo.

Bottom line, a very cute, well-made toy, just not part of the interactive "zoo talkers" line its billed to be.
on December 30, 2013
My train obsessed son lost interest in about a month but he never got into it much even within that month. Will hold on in the event he one day gets use out of it but I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy. There are plenty of other toys that get much more use out of.