Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 21, 2012
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We're in the stage where we don't have as much energy as we did when we had little children so this is a welcome addition to our "keep the grandbaby and young visitors entertained" collection.

The grandbaby is a bit young for it but that will soon change. In the meantime, friends have had grandchildren and they are eager to visit.

I prefer toys which leave plenty to young ones' imaginations. This does, allowing older babies and toddlers to release their Wheelies vehicles filled with Little People riders down a long ramp. They can see what happens, then experiment a bit and then watch the results the next time around.

There are lights, sounds, and all sorts of moving parts. There is also a ticket booth, mirror, food stand, movable flags,and more. And, of course, the Wheelies cars (two in this set) and their passengers.

If you decide to purchase this, do keep in mind the fact that it does take up some space, being over 2 feet tall. But make room for it if you possibly can. There are so many attention-grabbing activities in this set that toddlers and even babies as young as 14 months remain (miraculously) in place long enough for parents or grandparents to sit back and take a breath.

It sure beats running after an active toddler darting from one thing to another. I've raised our children. I now take a nap several times a week. I also have some visitors who don't always keep track of their children as well as I'd wish.

So I am almost as much in love with the Loops n' Swoops Amusement Park as the little ones. This set - and some well placed baby gates- help keep things as stress-free as I could possibly imagine when toddlers hit our house.

I'm not a total grump and spoil sport. I do like to get down on the floor and play with the kids sometimes. I just have a harder time getting up than I used to. Knees creak. Bones groan. So I'm glad this often needs minimal adult assistance for kids to enjoy it.

You do need to have AA batteries on hand so stock up ahead of time on those. On warm days you can take this outside and on cold ones you may keep winter boredom from turning into utter stir crazy insanity. I remember those very l..o..n..g winter days.

If you're anticipating guests with very young children for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any occasion in between, seriously consider purchasing the Wheelies Amusement Park.

A super contender for a birthday or Christmas gift for some lucky recipient, too.
22 comments|178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon September 1, 2012
I left this one up to my 23 month old to review.... I figured his level of expertise in this area is much less outdated than my own. He loved it from day one. I got lazy and didn't build it right away when it came in and he eyed up the box for 2 days until my wife finally put it together for him. I have to add in that he tends to love anything that has to do with cars or choo choos, but he went right for this toy. He figured out how to use it pretty quickly... my wife didn't have any trouble putting it together and it seems to be durable enough that it will probably last for a while. If you buy one, I hope your little guy likes it as much as mine did and thanks for taking the time to read my review.
0Comment|145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2014
My son had just started getting into cars and trains when we got the Little Peoples Amusement. It was Love at first sight with him!! This toy again takes some time getting put together, and putting on the stickers. There are 2 ramps, one that swirls down and at the bottom there is a button that when a car hits it, music plays. The other ramp has a release button at the top where you set your car in place, push the button, and your car goes zooming down the track. There is a loop at the bottom of which none of the cars has had trouble making it around the loop and a ramp at the end of the loop that when lifted gives the little people cars a little air at the end of their ride. A platform at the the top allows your child to have more cars ready for their rides as well. Cute Stickers are applied for the image of ticket taking, the food stand, and other amusement park like images. Works well with any of the little people cars, but comes with 2. My son plays with this EVERY day. Product dimensions are 26.5 x 16.5 x 30.0 (over 2 feet tall) and requires 3 AA batteries.
on November 25, 2012
I bought this for my toddler and he hasn't stopped playing with it. After 1,678,543 drops down the ramps, he has not grown tired of it. This is a big deal, because as many of you already know, keeping a toddler entertained for more than a few minutes can be a task.

The toy itself is very durable. I actually tripped over it this morning pretty hard and it got the best of me. It's solid. It held up just fine. Anyways, the toy is well constructed and very well made. The ramps zoom the cars really fast, which makes my toddler laugh, so I laugh. It is really colorful and fun to look at. It also works fine with almost any matchbox car, minus the loop at the end. This toy is great because it is just the right size to make your toddler feel like he/she is big. Sometimes toddlers need to feel like they are big.

Anyways, I fully recommend this toy. This toy looked pretty cool when I first saw it, and it was even cooler once I put it together. I'm pretty sure your little one will love this toy, so give it a shot. Take care!
0Comment|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2012
I bought this for my 20-month old daughter, and it was a hit right from the start. We've had it for about 3 months, now. There are some detachable pieces (at the bottom of the loop-de-loop, and the flags) that are now probably under my sofa somewhere. Also, the little button that holds the car in place at the top of the loop-de-loop tends to get stuck and sometimes we have to pull it out manually.

We bought extra cars, and noticed that some work better than others. The Disney "Cars" cars work great, and so do the generic Fisher-Price ones that come with the toy... but the "Toy Story" Buzz and Woody cars always get stuck or fly off the ramp halfway down. The bigger, heavier cars (like Tow-Mater) definitely work better. At any rate, we're getting our dollar's worth for this toy and have had a lot of fun with it.

EDIT: After we had this toy about 4 months, the cars got stuck on the track every single time. The loop-de-loop no longer worked, either... the car would reach the top and just crash down to the bottom. This toy was not abused... I don't know why the ramps quit working. It was fun for a couple of months, but it didn't last. I threw it away and kept the cars.

I changed the star rating of my review based on the durability of this toy.
on November 5, 2012
My little girl shouted "car" as soon as my husband had it put together! She loves it. It also came with two cars, which I didn't know about.... Just added bonus!
Great gift
on September 24, 2013
My grandson loves this toy, but he is always pulling the ramp off the toy. It would be better if the plastic was thicker or tougher and would like to see the lower part of the ramp a bit longer. This toy is not the quality of other Fisher-Price toys I have purchased.
on July 31, 2015
We got this for our 2yo based on the great reviews we read and he loves cars. This toy was really great at first. We have 4 other wheelies from Disney CARS and they provided lots of excitement for our 2yo as the cars sped down the ramps. However after 3 months, we noticed that the cars would get stuck at the corner of the ramp and we need to manually push the cars to get them to continue down the ramp. After studying the structure, we found that the green ramps are slightly warped therefore the cars get stuck at the corners. We can't send it back for a replacement since it is out of the return window. And now our son is frustrated with this toy because the cars get stuck all the time. We have owned many fisher price toys and this one really disappointed us.
review image
on February 19, 2016
My husband is a big gear head and my daughter and him have an extensive hot wheels collection that is constantly growing. We got her this track when she was a little under a year old and she is 2 1/2 years old now and its still going strong. They love to pull it out and see how different cars and trucks go down at different speeds based on weight and design. She loves her track and so does daddy!
on July 22, 2015
My almost four year old son still loves this toy. He is all about slides and this is perfect for him. He races match box cars, fisher price cars, wheely cars all down this slide. One of my best finds, as a mom!!!
review image