Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on June 18, 2011
This review explains why my son and I think the Fisher Price Little People stand up rampway is awesome! Watch to find out more! -Kari & Trenton
99 comments|393 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Fisher-Price has given your little one a thrilling toy in its Stand 'n Play Rampway Play Set - Evel Knievel lives... Yes, although this rampway set is meant to allow cars to speed easily down the twin ramps, the toy we purchased for our grandson causes the cars to careen off the ramp that winds down the left-side of the structure. While he thinks it is great fun to watch the cars fly through the air, it is not good for anyone or anything in the way of the flying car.

I called Fisher-Price to determine whether we might have a defective rampway or whether something else was amiss. They said they had no other reports of flying cars and suggested we remove the ramp section that was causing the problem and snap it back into place. This helped some, but not enough to keep the cars from sailing through the air, though less frequently. We did notice the shorter, lighter cars tended to fly off almost all the time, while the heavier cars might stay on the ramp. The racecar and sportscar which are both 1.3 oz. and 1/8" shorter than the police car are the two extras which had the most trouble staying on the ramp. The police car which is 1.4 oz. and 3/8" shorter than the pickup truck (1.5 oz.) also tended to exit the rampway; the truck did stay on the ramp most of the time. A recall caused us to send back the two cars that came with the set before the ramp was assembled; once we receive the replacements and know how they perform, I will update this review.

Since this was not available on Amazon when we made our purchase, we bought it directly from Fisher-Price. The cost was $40; we were able to get free shipping through a promotion. Be sure to watch prices, there should be some nice promotions for the holiday season.

The Fisher-Price Stand 'n Play Rampway Play Set was easy to assemble. It is well finished in that there are no sharp edges which might scratch a child's skin; in fact, the edges are nicely rounded and very smooth. The set seems to be quite durable; our one-year old grandson pulls himself up using the rampway and it remains sturdy.

This is definitely a fun toy for little ones. Had we not had trouble with the cars staying on the rampway through the entire course of the race, it would have been rated as a five-star purchase.
66 comments|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2010
My son is almost two and he loves this rampway. He had the Tonka triple track race car toy but it just didn't keep his interest at all. This FP toy, however, has more to it--longer rampway, two separate ways the cars can go down, a little gas pump that makes pumping noise, plus a few other noises when the cars exit the rampway, and a manual "elevator" the child can push up and down.

We don't have any problems with the cars flying off the track. On occasion they might fall off the ramp if my son pushes them down too hard or something. But it's not often at all and it just makes sense that occasionally the car won't roll down perfectly.

On a side note, my son also thinks it's hilarious to take his sister's Zhu Zhu pets down the rampway. :)
on November 2, 2010
I've always been very happy with Fisher Price in the past, having had several of their toys since my oldest was a toddler 15 years ago. I just purchased this for our 16 month old, and she HATES it. The cars won't stay on the track. They fly off the edges and they tip over and slide down on their sides. I don't know if it's because the cars are so lightweight, or what the problem is.

The two cars that came with the set were recalled recently. The bottom of those cars say Made in Mexico and the recall was worried about the wheels coming off. Those went directly into the trash. I purchased two other car sets to go with the toy, and it's just so disappointing.

One thing to note: Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars work great (thanks to my 9 year old testing this out) but we don't let the baby play with these tiny cars yet.

My other trouble with this was assembling it. If the directions were in color, it would be easier to see where they want the red and yellow ramps to be placed.

Again, my 16 month old is frustrated and gets bored easily with this toy. I would not recommend it. I expected more from such a wonderful brand.
1010 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2011
I'm really puzzled by all the positive reviews. I got this for my sons for Christmas, it was the gift I was most excited to give. It has been a total let down. This toy is full of design flaws and Fisher Price should be embarrassed for putting their name on this toy.

The pieces simply click together and therefore constantly come apart. I am always putting the bases back on after they have fallen off. One of the bases is already lost and so the toy won't even stand now. The bases should be fixed onto the toy in a much better manner than just a simple click. The ramps also come off with a child's tug. This is not a durable toy at all for rough and tumble little boys. It is another one where they are always yelling, "Mom, can you fix this???!!"

The ramps are horribly designed - the cars fly off constantly. I'd say a car makes it from the top of the ramp to the bottom of the toy about 1 out of 5 times, the other 4 times it just flies off. Why would they do this? Why not put higher sidewalls on the ramps so the cars can actually make it down?

Not at all up to Fisher Price quality, and I regret this purchase.
44 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2010
When I saw this in the Fisher Price catalog, I knew it was just the thing for my 2 1/2 year-old son. After the recall, I found it at Target for $29.99 on sale. This is a much more reasonable price in my opinion. My only advice if vehicles are flying off the side, is to take hold of both sides of the ramp and push inward. Perhaps they are not fully clicked into place. We had that problem initially but it was easily remedied. Anyway, both my son and my 5-year-old daughter are having fun with this toy. Now I hope to find some additional vehicles that are not over-priced!
on November 17, 2010
OK JUST TO STRAIGHTEN THE RECALL THING OUT I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH FISHER PRICE THE SET WITH THE GREEN AND PURPLE CARS IS RECALLED BUT THIS SET AMAZON IS SELLING HAS THE NEW CARS WITH THE BLACK AND RED COLORS SO THIS ONE YOU ARE LOOKING AT IS NOT THE RECALLED SET
on December 25, 2010
The cars do not stay on the track no matter where we place them. We also purchased two additional cars to go with this track and all of them fly off shortly after starting down the ramp. The designers should have made the ramp sides higher to keep the cars in place. My son was thrilled when he first saw the toy but grew bored, and frustrated shortly after having every attempt by him as well as his parents and older siblings failed to get the car to the bottom. What a Christmas disappointment!!!!!!!!
on January 3, 2011
Very disappointed that from day one, the noise effects did not work on this toy. It can not be replaced by amazon as it's on a recall. My 2 little cars seem to not be affected but, its unclear. Recall says the little cars made "in Mexico" and that don't have a yellow dot. Makes me nervous! Very disappointed with this toy for XMAS!
on November 6, 2011
We just bought this toy and assembled it. Within 10 minutes my son was so frustrated that the CARS THAT THE RAMPWAY CAME WITH won't stay on the track. He has now walked away from the toy since it doesn't work right. What a waste of money. He even tried other cars and none work. One would think that Fisher Price would at least test the 2 cars that come with the rampway to make sure that those work. Don't waste your money and have your child as disappointed as mine is.