Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Your Garage Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 3, 2012
In some ways, I hate to admit that my daughter has both the "Fisher-Price Loving Family DREAM Dollhouse" and the "Fisher-Price Loving Family GRAND Dollhouse" and while they are very similar in some cases the "Dream Dollhouse" has a few additional features that has made it the more popular choice (at least for my family). A few notes on the "Dream House"

One thing I like about the Fisher-Price dollhouses is that they have lots of "Staying Power". This means that your child is just as likely to be playing with this in 12 months as they are the day they pull it out of the box. There are plenty of toys that have an immediate wow, but very few have the staying power of the Fisher Price Loving Family Dream House.

Notes

- Assembly takes about 15 minutes. It require 3AA batteries and a philips head screwdriver.

- Comes with Male and Female, tween-aged girl (8-12 year old) and a baby

- Plastic construction - While wood may look a little better it is heavier and comes with its own issues ... with possibilities for water damage, insects, an some up-keep

- Comes with a *few* accessories - a large purple bunny, a hat for mother, a couch, a table and chairs, a baby seat.

- Does *Not* come with any type of kitchen.

- Has several working sounds - a toilet that flushes, a bathroom light and chandelier that lights up, and a doorbell.

- One thing that the "Dream Dollhouse" has that the "Grand Dollhouse" does not have is door handles on both the inside and outside of the front door.

- The secret room works ok... it is a little difficult to open-up and close, but it typically just stays up.

- The dollhouse closes up nicely, which is a great way to store all of the accessories and/or take on a trip.

- Lot's of room for additional accessories - and while they can be a bit pricey, you will likely want to by some other room furnishings.

- While Fisher-Price sells both an African American and Caucasian versions they are identical with exception of the pigment on the dolls skin.

Final Verdict - While my daughter loves the older version (the Fisher-Price loving Family GRAND Dollhouse) she now prefers the "Dream House" the additional sounds and lights has made this one of her very favorite toys.

5 Stars
99 comments|139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2012
I was very excited when I saw there was a new version of the Loving Family dollhouse this year so that my youngest daughter would not have to get the same one as my oldest daughter. But once I received it and put it together I was quite disappointed. Although it is a very cute design the individual rooms are very small in comparison to the last model and you are not able to fit that many pieces in them. None of the rooms can hold an entire bedroom set or the kitchen. We have to put the refrigerator in one room and the sink and stove in a total seperate room. The baby furniture had to be split up into 2 seperate rooms along with every other bedroom set that we purchased to go with the dollhouse. This house will definitely not hold as many pieces as I would like for it to. If you never had the older model it may not be as noticeable but now that we have this one I wish we would have purchased the older one and just had 2 of the same.
33 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 3, 2012
Design: African-American|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )

Notes

- Comes with Male and Female, tween-aged girl (8-12 year old) and a baby

- Does *Not* come with any type of kitchen.

5 Stars
on January 5, 2013
I knew I wanted to give my 2-1/2 year old granddaughter a doll house for Christmas this year. After looking at just about every doll house there is for months, I decided on this one based on good reviews and age appropriateness (for example, a Barbie house can wait a few years). She has never been one to put things in her mouth - maturity wise, in many ways, she is more like a three year old - so I wasn't too worried about any small parts/choking hazard. Any very small parts that come with separately purchased accessories remain attached by a cord which is a really great idea for young ones who might put small objects in their mouths. Also keeps them from getting lost.

She spends hours playing with this house and begs the rest of us to join in so we are able to have some great, quality time using conversation and imagination. She hasn't gotten around to all the possibilities - yet. So I foresee this product being well-loved for a long time! For her birthday in May, I intend to get the other house so we can play at being neighbors.

The house, dolls, and furniture seem very sturdy. I bought a living room set, parents' bedroom set, dining set, kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room, as well as the motor home and a little sister. Yes, they are a bit pricey and add up, but they are well-constructed and will last a long time. You get the quality you pay for which beats buying cheap junk that breaks quickly. We also are playing with "the guys" - small Elmo, Bert, and Ernie toys - small Dora figures (I am not that pleased with the Dora toys as they don't sit down or stand well - but she doesn't mind), a tiny My Little Pony in this house. The figures can also ride the My Little Pony train, and the Sesame Street school bus which expand our little doll playground. All the dolls also swing in her baby doll swing together. It's really cute!

I didn't give this house five stars for one simple reason. It's a big house but the rooms are really small for the furniture packs. All the contents of any package of furniture does not fit into one room together, i.e., there is room for the parents' bed, but nothing else, the refrigerator and one other piece will fit in a room but not the third piece. Well... they fit but there is no space left. My granddaughter doesn't mind, but I wish it was more proportionate.

She only stays with us part-time so it was nice to be able to stuff everything in the house and neatly close it up.

This was a wonderful choice.
review image review image review image review image
on June 6, 2013
I bought this dollhouse and some assorted furniture for my toddler son as part of his speech therapy program (so many action words to be gained from these kinds of toys!). He really enjoys playing with it so far.

Couple of things, though:
--This house says it has "9 rooms": NOPE! As far as effective space goes, you really have maybe 5 or 6. The furniture sets are all too big for the house, so you have to span them out and wind up with way too much sprawled on the floor at any given time.
--The bathroom really bothers me. It includes the toilet and a vanity/sink counter (where the battery panel is conveniently hidden), but no bathub? And no space to add a tub in that room, either. And if you buy the bathroom furniture set (as I did) you've got a whole lot of overlap and no where to put that furniture.
--Why is there no toddler boy available in the family dynamic here? The included family was Daddy, Mommy, baby and a little girl... I looked online and there's an option for an older brother... but the only toddler model available is female.

As to the house, it's pretty sturdily built, mostly preassembled with no complaints. I like the sounds/lights, which is why I sprung the extra few bucks for this one over the "Dream Manor".

I have no idea why a prior reviewer said this included a parent's bed. Mine had the family, a couch, a toddler tea set (with chairs and a toy bunny for the girl) and a bouncer-type baby chair.
on November 28, 2015
I bought this for my almost 3 ( now almost 4) year old daughter last year for Christmas. It was an instant hit and continues to be her favorite toy and a favorite among her friends. She will spend HOURS in her room playing quietly, it was the best purchase I've made as a parent thus far! It's very durable and sturdy, my 10 month old can pull up on it without it tipping over and the doors close nicely and hold all the accessories inside. We bought several "rooms" for Christmas and then more as birthday gifts and it does seem expensive up front but the pieces are well made and worth the money. Many of the pieces have been dropped, thrown, chewed on etc and nothing has broken. The family that comes with the house is adorable and they fit well in the house. I haven't had issues with furniture fitting like some reviewers have mentioned and also haven't had any problems with the secret room- we keep it up all the time and it hasn't fallen down once. If you are looking for a quality dollhouse this is it! I did my research and am very pleased I went with this product,
on December 27, 2014
Daughter loved it and now her younger sister is enjoying it too! All the kids really love playing with it. I love that the lights come on, doorbell actually rings, it plays music and I love that it came with the African American family. It took a while but I figured out that the batteries are behind the sink in the bathroom!
on June 28, 2015
Very sweet little (big!) doll house that we gave our daughter recently for her 3rd birthday after she had played with her cousin's Loving Family home constantly when we visited. She is crazy about it! She especially likes the sounds (doorbell, toilet flush, baby coos, dog barking, clock chimes, and a few songs and lullaby). For now, she has this house (and accompanying pieces) and the "Everything for Baby" set also on Amazon, and has been happily entertained with those pieces alone. I plan to add other room sets as time goes by. It is a nice size and has great detail. I plan to save this set when my daughter grows out of it, and she can have it for her own children if she chooses.
on September 10, 2013
Normally I wouldn't rate Chinese plastic toys as being a well made or even a great product period, but this dollhouse is both. My toddler loves it, and what makes it even better is the matching sets you can buy for it. The dollhouse is made of heavy plastic and is larger than it appears. It is a ton of fun and my daughter adores it. Well done Fisher price!
on December 6, 2013
I looked at a lot of doll houses before ordering this one. I am very very happy with it. My 2 1/2 year old loves it and plays with it every day, even after almost 3 months of having it. The first few weeks she would barely touch any other toy. The sounds it makes are fantastic, by far her favorite part. It has three buttons: house type sounds, music (4 songs), and a light in the bathroom and downstairs. There is also a working doorbell and a flushing toilet, which sounds just like a real toilet. My daughter plays the music (several songs) and makes us and the dolls all dance saying "birthday party." She really gets into pretending with this house, walking the dolls up the stairs, sitting them in the chairs *see note, ringing the door bell, having them wash their hands in the bathroom etc.

Now for the criticism. The dolls and furniture are too big for the house/rooms. This is why it gets only 4 stars. It was like they made the accessories for a different house. However, at age 2 1/2 she doesn't know or care. So, it's not an issue.

*NOTE:The dolls are difficult to sit in the chairs and on the couch. My daughter cannot get them to stay on the furniture by herself. They fall off too easily. For a child a little older, it might not be a problem, but even I have to really work at getting them to sit and stay in place. It would be nice if they sat easily AND stood up easily.

We bought the kitchen set, which is really nice. The stove even makes 3 different kitchen sounds (sizzling, tea kettle whistle, kitchen timer). Only two pieces will really fit in a room and then no room left to "play" So, we just stand them in front of the room and my daughter totally doesn't care. She still plays with it all the time and LOVES it. I almost gave it 5 stars because of how much she enjoys playing with it and how easy it was to assemble (kudos on that). However, since the rooms and accessories aren't quite sized properly, I decided it would get just 4 stars.

OVERALL: I think it is a GREAT doll house. I do wish some of the accessories were a little less expensive, but you won't need to buy much, if anything. We only ordered the kitchen set and she's very happy. For xmas I'm ordering her one more, but it'll be one of the cheaper sets, nothing too pricey since she's just 2.

We also have the car and that is really nice too. She loves it as well.
ASSEMBLY WAS VERY EASY. However, note that once assembled it cannot be un-assembled, so make sure you're putting things in correctly. It was really easy thought. Took me maybe 8 - 10 minutes, if that.

I highly recommend this for little ones!