After researching many dollhouses in the internet, I decided on purchasing this one as my daughter's first dollhouse. Although I really liked some other houses that were made of wood, they were too expensive. I thought this was a better buy to see if she would get into playing with dollhouses seriously.

Keep in mind that there is a bit of assembly when you...
Published on September 13, 2008 by Denali

3.0 out of 5 stars missing all furniture/dolls and balcony
This was a gift for xmas for my 2yr old daughter. it was brand new purchased at toys r us. All of the furniture and dolls advertised on the box to be included were not! The 3rd floor balcony also was not included in the box. Luckly we had purchased a few accesory sets to get started or we would of had a very disapointed little girl!
I called FP and they said they...
Published on March 29, 2010 by Virginia Reisher

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality dollhouse for the price - excellent 1st dollhouse, September 13, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse (Toy)

Keep in mind that there is a bit of assembly when you receive the box - The house is together, but you have to put all of the exterior trim on and the staircase.

My main disappointment with the house is that I thought it should have come with more furniture to start. It only came with the basic family (mom, dad & twin babies), a kitchen table set with 2 chairs & 2 booster seats. Thank goodness I wound up buying the extra furniture sets (bathroom, parents' bedroom, nursery & mini van). For the price, i think they should have at least included the kitchen appliances.

Also, I found that one of the folding doors in the back does not readily latch and keeps popping open when transporting the house. And the staircase gets in the way - it blocks 1/2 of the first floor! (I just leave this loose so it can be taken out easily)

Finally, why didn't Fisher-Price put in a doorbell that makes sound?! That is one of the most requested items on the house from my daughter. She would love to have a doorbell!

Oervall, this is a very durable, quality product from Fisher-Price and I think it is an excellent 1st doll house for this price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love at first sight for 3yo daughter!, December 29, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse (Toy)
My parents bought this for our daughter (who will be 3 in February) for Christmas. It was love at first sight! All the room sets, which are purchased separately, have A LOT of realistic detail to keep my daughter playing independently for long periods of time. Although the house is big, it folds up neatly and even stores some pieces inside.

Depending on where you purchase the house, you get different bonus furniture (we got BBQ, picnic table, swingset, slide, casual dining table set). However, all houses come with mom & dad and, most importantly, twin boy & girl.

After seeing the prices of the room sets, I suggest you shop at Wlmrt to get a much better deal. The room sets my daughter likes most are:
- living room (has "working" TV...batteries included)
- bathroom
- nursery (changing table plays music, includesdouble cribs, etc. for twins)
- home office

I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS HOUSE!

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, August 17, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse (Toy)
I run a home daycare and all the kids love this doll house.Both the boys and the girls love to play.The kids are 4 years and under.

3.0 out of 5 stars missing all furniture/dolls and balcony, March 29, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse (Toy)
I called FP and they said they would send out the pieces, instead they sent 2 babies and an awning. I called again and they said they no longer have the balcony or furniture. My daughter loves her house and is not aware that the balcony is missing since it was never there to begin with but I am very disappointed with the situation, I basicly purchased her a shell of a house and were stuck with it.
We made the best of it and still play, the house is loved by my little girl, she plays with it every day thats why I gave it high star ratings.
Missing parts aside, my complaint with the actual functions of the house is that there is no door handle inside to close the door, that makes it difficult to be the one answering the door, but visitors come over again and again, and she manages to let them in and out, even if her fingers get stuck between the door frame and the door.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fisher Price Doll House, October 9, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse (Toy)
My three year old granddaughter LOVED her birthday present!!! This doll house is ideal for any little girl from age three and up. Her 7 year old sister loves it too. It was simple to assemble, beautiful and has wonderful people and furniture etc. I highly recommend it. Fisher-Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch the price!, December 13, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse (Toy)
I love this product! It can be used for hours of fun. I DO wish it came with more furniture.
I just wanted to let parents know to watch the price. I found this same doll house at WalMart for almost half the price as listed on Amazon. It pays to shop around! And WalMart offers free site-to-store shipping!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thes best house on the market, July 1, 2011
A. Logan (Austin, TX, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse (Toy)
Let me save you the trouble of researching and let you know that for the price and durability and lovliness, this is the best doll house on the market. My parents will be giving this house to my niece for her 5th birthday tomorrow and I researched it for them and ordered it for them using my Amazon Prime account. It's a lovely house that I know my niece and her little sister, who's 3, will adore. (Another niece is on her way, so this doll house will enjoy many years of use.) They play with my old doll house (still in 70s colors: avacado green, pale yellow and dark orange!) whenever they visit my parent's house and spend hours playing make believe. It's made of the same plastic materials and it has endured three decades of love and play. This Loving Family house arrived quickly and in perfect condition. It came with the mom, dad and twin boy and girl babies, but I wanted to supply dolls that looked more like my nieces. I bought a few doll sets from another doll house line, but they weren't quite right (either very blonde and white or brunette and Hispanic, so they will be "friends"). Then I happened across the "Ty Li'l Ones" line. I found the perfect dolls -- they match my nieces so well they look like their miniatures! I can't wait for my parents to present my niece with this doll house and to see her reaction and her little sister's to the rooms and dolls I've chosen for it. The great thing about a doll house like this is that it's a shell that you can put many different dolls and room furniture with. For example, I bought the Loving Family kitchen, and I think my niece will dig the sounds it makes and its style, but I also bought her a nursery room set that's wooden and from another house line (it was cheaper, and it came with a little wooden dollhouse, so I couldn't resist). And I bought her dolls from other lines as well that will all work perfectly with the house. I'm hoping it encourages her to mix and match and create rooms with her own unique flair (and her aunt's ;o)). I would recommend a plastic house like this one to a wooden or "paper" one like the Mellisa and Doug house. It will be more durable and last generations. I used hot glue to glue up curtains on my doll house's windows and then was able to peel off the glue and tack up new curtains at a whim. That's the beauty of plastic. If it had been wood or paper, the walls would have lost a layer to them. The plastic colors won't fade, either, which I like (unless it's out in the heat for days). If I was a little girl, I know this is the house I'd prefer. I know my niece and her sisters will love it and enjoy it throughout their lifetimes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love at first sight!, March 8, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse (Toy)
My 2 year-old daughter has recently started showing interest in dollhouses, so for me it was an obvious choice for her birthday. I have looked at a few products on this site and some of the other toy sites, but this dollhouse really grabbed my attention (I think it is the little girl inside me that really loved it), so I ordered it. Now that it has been about a week in our house, I am sure that it was the right choice. Every morning and after every nap my daughter runs to the doll house and start playing with all the little things that it came with (her favorite are the flowers in the flower pots, that come out easily). She loves the little babies in the high chairs, as well as their parents.
I have to admit, that the quality of the product went above my expectations. How much craftsmanship can you really expect from a plastic toy? I know, I didn't... It was a pleasant surprise to find all of the parts in the box, carefully folded, wrapped and taped, undamaged. All pieces are made of high-quality heavy-weight plastic (from what my experience has been with most of the plastic toys), the details of the house as well as household items are carefully painted and look like miniature replicas of the real world things. My greatest pleasant surprise was at the quality of the dolls that came with the house. I expected a few solid plastic figures that are poorly decorated, but serve the purpose of the occupants of the house. What I didn't expect were quite adorable dolls with bendable arms and legs, heads made of soft rubbery material (that makes it look like skin), and the mother of the house even has pretty flowy synthetic hair. Very cute!
Overall, I am very happy with the purchase - it is reasonably priced, and unlike some of the other first dollhouses, I expect this one to grow with my daughter and I hope she will make good use of it for years to come. It seems to be pretty sturdy to survive the preschool/kindergarten years :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, November 24, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse (Toy)
The reason this was half the price of the one at ToysRus is the furniture shown on this advertisement does not come with the house! Now I have to go and buy the furniture! Ugh!

5.0 out of 5 stars durable and great fun, December 27, 2012
adamswifeamanda (san francisco, ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse (Toy)
I bought this item secondhand. It had been played with for a couple years and I just want to say that it is in perfect condition. That says one important thing: It's durable and not easily broken. Everything is still well attached - it opens, closes and works as it is designed to.
With the item, we got almost all the available furniture, the minivan, the extra families and the RV - all of that was in great shape too. If it can survive toddler/preschooler play for a couple years without falling apart - it's a pretty well constructed toy.
My 4 year old daughter and 2.5 year old son have been loving this dollhouse. They play relatively quietly for long stretches of time. It's a dream come true for mom! I highly recommend this dollhouse and all of the extra toys you can purchase.
(I also recommend buying it secondhand from Craigslist - you'll save a bundle and it will likely be all put together for you when you get it!)

Fisher-Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse