Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fisher Price Loving Family Minivan
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 29, 2008
I got this item for around $17 at a local store (not on sale). The product is a lot of fun. The quality and design is somewhat lacking. The back doors fall off all the time. Both my husband and daughter (2 and half) keep knocking the doors off. They are not well made. The adults only fit in the front. We have two families and grandmother, so it is difficult for them all to get in the car. We can fit three small people in the back seat. The dad's feet and shoulders make it difficult to get them in and out of the car. The mothers keep sliding under the dash. As with most of the loving family items the design is poor, but they are a lot of fun. I worry that the doors will not go back on, since my daughter loves this toy. It is worth buying, for under $20.
VINE VOICEon September 13, 2008
I purchased this product for my daughter's LF Grand Dollhouse. I thought it would be nice to have a vehicle to transport the family around town. The van comes with a dog and a bag of groceries (not sure why the dog was included, but it's ok).

If you push the steering wheel, the horn honks. If you push the radio, it plays 1 of a few different "songs". There are 2 car seats built in and enough room for a total of 6 people.

My biggest complaint is the quality of the van. One of the doors keeps coming off and is not easy to reattach. Hence the "Honda-style minivan" with Yugo quality (for those of us old enough to remember Yugos). Secondary to this complaint is that it is hard to get the front seat passengers in and out of the van.

As the other reviewer stated, you might want to check it out in the store first before making a purchase.
on December 13, 2010
Save your money. This toy is a piece of junk. Within minutes of opening the box, both rear doors had fallen off. The "hinges" on the back doors are really flimsy, and didn't stand up to even a minute of normal play (i.e. just opening the door). Very disappointing. Would it kill Fisher Price to put an actual metal pin or something in the door so that it would be functional and could actually be PLAYED WITH?
on December 9, 2012
My young granddaughter (age 2) loved all the features of this van - she kept pressing the horn, playing the music and putting the babies in and out of the van. She wanted to remove the baby seats at first and was frustrated, but later accepted that they were not removable. Good size for little ones, but not so huge that it is hard to store. Her older sisters (ages 4 and 6) also wanted to play with it.
on November 5, 2010
My son decided he HAD to have this car one day in a local store. I bought it, against my better judgement, and I'm glad I did. It's been 6 months and he still plays with it almost every day. The doors come off sometimes, and they are really hard to replace. Still, they don't come off very often for us (maybe because we often just put random "drivers" in either through the window or sunroof instead of through the door, as you would have to for the actual dolls).

Overall, I like the size of the car and the number of seats. It's great to put some "babies" in the baby seats and take them for a spin. My son also loves that the horn beeps. I would buy this again based on my son's enjoyment. Thank goodness it doesn't have too much pink on it!! Lol!
on May 5, 2014
My girls got a Loving Family dollhouse for Christmas and they wanted a vehicle to carry the family. I had seen this as an accessory, but it seemed a little pricy and oddly unavailable for purchase. However, it fit the family they got with the house, so I bought it a couple months after Christmas.

The doors DO pop off pretty easily, but many of the toy vehicles with doors face this problem. My girls bring me the door and the van and I pop it back in. They're working on doing it themselves, but it is a little tricky for 3-yo fingers. It plays music that isn't wildly annoying, although the honking horn can be used in an irritating fashion. My biggest gripe is that the footwells for the front seats are SO ridiculously deep! Neither parent can just sit and ride or drive without slipping way down in the front seat. You can kind if brace their arms on the steering wheel, but seriously, the 3-yo is NOT problem solving like that during imaginary play yet. However, overall, I'd buy it again because my girls seem to enjoy it more than they dislike it.
on January 11, 2016
We have now bought 2 of these, & both have broken. Our daughter isn't rough on toys. In fact, she never has broken toys. Buy the doors broke off of both minivans & can't be fixed. I refuse to buy another. We love Fisher Price because of the quality of their toys, so this was a definitely disappointment.
on April 10, 2015
My kids love this mini van. We got the dollhouse w/ the family and three rooms of furniture. My only TINY complaint is that the mini van is apparently not big enough for my 4yo to fit all her "family" in. We have the twin infants, mom and dad and a big bro. She always wants to take the family pet with her on "vacation" and there is not enough room :) Like other reviewers say the one door always falls off- but it goes on fairly easily so not a deal breaker for us. I try to get toys they play with a lot and this one was a winner!! One of my twins just took it to the sitter (two years after purchase) so in my book it was worth $20. Very satisfied w/ purchase.
on December 7, 2010
Yes, the doors do come off pretty easily, but I guess I saw it as a feature...they don't break off, they just pop off and can be put back on. (or left off as some reviewers have suggested) They are little plastic doors meant to be played with by small kids...if they didn't pop off easily, they would surely break off. I'm basing my review on the fact that my four year old daughter loves this van. She takes the loving family (along with any other figurine she can get to fit) on road trips all over the house. This and the whole Loving Family line (dollhouse, furniture, etc) has been a great investment that she continues play with even a year later.
on October 24, 2014
Barbie Cars? Pretty cool, but this Fisher Price Family Minivan is really awesome! Very real, easy open doors and great seats for the 'family' to travel in. Fisher Price is the best. My wife and I were blessed with 4 girls, and each of them grew up playing house and interacting with their Fisher Price imaginary world of friends, furniture and so many other accessories. Sturdy, cute and great replicas of the real deal for little ones to enjoy. The girls are all grown now, married and children of their own that have grown up with Fisher Price. This purchase was for a two-year old grand baby, Lua! She is 'my' wonder child and she will only get the best from her 'Papa'. And, that's Fisher Price! You should see her imagination at work, it will melt you. . . :)