Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I first saw this toy I thought that would good to have for when the grandchildren come to visit. The price seems like a lot for a toy, but hey, it's Mickey. I am very glad that I was able to check it out.

The first thing that I noticed was how nice the box is that it comes in. The display box is covered with attractive graphics and allows the prospective buyer to test out a limited number of moves and to hear what Master Moves Mickey sounds like before they even decide to purchase it. All you have to do is pinch his nose and he talks and swings his arms to a beat.

I like that it comes with batteries already installed. Once it is removed from it's box all you have to do is pull a plastic strip out of the back of his neck in order the switch from demo-mode to the regular, fully functioning mode.

Mickey has certainly picked up a lot of new moves since I used to watch him on TV in the early 60's! He "raps" (I guess), dances, and even says some funny things when he falls down "Oops! Clean up on aisle five! Can I get some help?" Every child who I showed this to loved it! They all wanted to take it home. It's body is hard plastic covered by silky feeling material. This is not a soft, cuddly toy. However, it is a ton of fun. Even some older adults are amazed at how many moves Master Moves Mickey has. Once you watch it for a while you can understand why it costs what it does.

I decided to make a simple, short video in order to illustrate two things that I learned about this toy. First, it has to be on a smooth, hard surface to keep it from falling over. A wooden deck or even a carpeted floor just doesn't work very well. Secondly, this thing drives one of my dogs crazy. She is still a puppy and she is definitely not a fan of Master Moves Mickey. Fortunately, most two legged children seem to love it!

UPDATE - 10/14/12: I recently loaned Master Moves Mickey to a close friend of mine who is a special ed. teacher in an elementary school. Mickey is such a big hit with her 2nd-4th graders that children come from other classrooms on Friday when he is brought out as a reward for a successful week of learning. They all laugh and chant along with him, waiting their turn to squeeze his nose. One particularly sweet 8 year old boy with Down syndrome greets his teacher every morning with a huge smile and asks "Mickey today?" Wonderful toy!

UPDATE - 12/05/12: Mickey is back at my house now, waiting to be played with by my grandchildren when they come to visit on the holidays. He has held up well while at the grade-school and is still running on his original batteries!

UPDATW - 05/14/13: A friend of mine's grand-daughter loves Mickey so much that I bought one for him to give to her. They were both thrilled.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon August 20, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am beginning to feel like a veteran when it comes to reviewing dancing Mickey Mouses. In 201o, we were introduced to "Dance Star Mickey" which was very novel at the time, and was a popular toy for Christmas 2010. In 2011, we were treated with "Rock Star Mickey" which was considerably shorter both in terms of size and fun (it was also disappointing that he only played two songs). Now in 2012, Fisher-Price has introduced us to "Master Moves Mickey"... who happens to go by the handle of "M3". I am happy to say, that M3 is easily the best of the bunch!

Master Moves Mickey (I am sorry, but "M3" is just so CHEESY!) plays 8 songs and has 15 separate dance moves which (in my opinion) dramatically improves the playability over both Rock Star and Dance Star Mickey. The previous models (and especially Rock Star Mickey) didn't offer enough variety in order to help keep him on the dance floor and out of the toy box. I won't say that Master Moves Mickey will be in your toddler's high rotation of favorite toys in 6 months, but he is likely to still receive a fair amount of attention.

The Details-

- Comes with 6 AA batteries

- Make sure you remove the tab from the back of Mickey's neck so that you can take him out of Demo mode.

- No volume settings, although the songs are not very loud. The only caveat is that most of Mickey's moves have a loud mechanical sound and especially when he starts to move his feet.

- The dance moves are a combination of original and old-school..... several brought big laughs from both me and my wife.

- Not soft and cuddly.... this is not a stuffed Mickey Mouse that your child will be taking to bed with them.

- It may be obvious but Master Moves Mickey works best on wood floors or other hard surfaces.

- So far durability has not been an issue - if this changes I will post an update to the review.

Final Verdict - After my disappointment with "Rock Star Mickey" i was very hesitant to try "Master Moves Mickey", but I am very happy to report that my bias was unfounded. While older kids (over 4) may tire of M3 quicker than younger kids I can give "Master Moves Mickey" a solid recommendation. He is one Christmas/Birthday/Holiday present that will likely bringing smiles to a child's face.

5 Stars
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon September 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
 I've always loved Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse. He's as American as baseball and apple pie. Throughout the years, I've collected everything of his from lunch boxes to plush to animated films. One of my life's greatest experiences was when my cousins and I met Mickey Mouse inside his dressing room at Walt Disney World. Furthermore, I love to watch break dancing and have a collection of street dancing films, which includes the entire "Breakin'" ] and "Step Up" ]] series. Naturally, I couldn't pass up a chance to own the Fisher-Price Master Moves Mickey (M3).

The most difficult part about playing with M3 is freeing him from his cardboard box. (On this website, I have posted four photographs depicting each side of the box. Simply click on the "View and share related images" link.) M3 requires six 1.5V "AA" (LR6) batteries. Fortunately, they are already installed. On the BOTTOM of the box, there are illustrated instructions on how to replace batteries in the soles of his shoes. One must have a Phillips Screwdriver, which is not included. (I cut out these instructions and scanned them into my computer for safe keeping and future referencing. I have posted them on this website.) Remember, before operating M3 for the first time, remove the "Try Me" pull-tab from the back of his head.

M3 is easy to operate; simply squeeze his nose. Each time his nose is squeezed, he performs a different dance routine. There are about five to seven dance routines that take approximately six minutes to perform. He dances best on a hard surface such as a kitchen floor. He'll fall down while performing his handstands on the carpet and say, "Clean up on aisle five." My friends, Ted and Kathy, and I enjoyed watching M3 dance on their kitchen floor. Their four cats were mesmerized by him.

In order to give you a better understanding of how M3 truly dances, sings and speaks, I carried M3 to the tennis courts at my apartment complex. I used my Apple iPhone 4 to videotape his dance routines. As one can see, he's quite the entertainer. My friend Kathy suggested that I take M3 to my church's trunk-or-treat this Halloween; I can dress up like a male cheerleader and he can be my cheerleading sidekick. The children would love him. M3 is now my new friend. Whenever I need a laugh, I simply squeeze his nose and watch him dance. I truly believe that all fans of Mickey Mouse would love to share their home with M3 this Christmas.

Joseph B. Hoyos
review image review image review image review image review image
on September 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The 2012 Fisher-Price Master Moves Mickey (M3), is a HUGE IMPROVEMENT over last year's (2011) Rock Star Mickey Fisher-Price Disney's Rock Star Mickey. Last year I gave the Rock Star Mickey to my Nephews' (then) 3 yr old son, Aaron, for his birthday. Results were mixed due to the limited number of moves the old Mickey had.

I consulted with Aaron's mom about my idea to give him another animated Mickey Mouse toy for his 4th birthday this year. Surprisingly, she thought it would be a great idea as Aaron still proudly displays his old Mickey on top of his dresser, and sometimes talks about when "Uncle Mike" gave it to him for his birthday. She said he rarely activates it for the moves or music, though.

So at this weekend's birthday party when I gave Aaron the latest 2012 Master Moves Mickey (M3), he got super excited and couldn't wait to get it out of the package! As we were opening the packaging he bolted into his bedroom and grabbed his old Mickey off the dresser so we could compare the moves of both toys and let them dance together.

However, the old Mickey was soon forgotten when he saw all the complex and fun dance moves M3 had! This was definitely his favorite toy of the day (and I think the favorite of all the kids and adults at the birthday party, too!). Everybody kept activating it to watch the little kids at the party try to imitate Mickey's moves - it was kinda' hilarious because it reminded me of the break-dancing fad of the 1980's.

It's important to use M3 on a fairly smooth, hard surface like linoleum or tile. He didn't work very well on carpeting, or out on the wood deck. I thought the music and voice sound quality was a little "tinny", but the kids didn't seem to mind it a bit. M3's feet created a bit of a racket on the linoleum floor during his dance moves, so if you're sensitive to that kind of noise, be forewarned.

The included 6 AA batteries were wearing down pretty good by the end of the party, so keep an extra set handy if you expect the toy to get a lot of use. M3's moves get more limited as the batteries wear down.

The toy seems well constructed and durable, and the fit and finish is top notch. It's a bit pricey, but I think it's about the same price as last year's model - and it's a far superior product.

5 STAR - RECOMMENDED!
VINE VOICEon August 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Yo, yo, yo, YO.....kids everywhere, your pal Mickey is sharing his funky dance moves with you. The Mickey Mouse Man is keeping it real with songs that help him perform The Windmill, The Spin Cycle, The Handstand, The Mouska Mix, and impromptu moves Mickey likes to throw in for street cred. Dude can do handstands and flip right back to a standing position. Way cool!!

So cute. Last Christmas I received the Mickey who sings and plays a mean guitar, and my godson LOVES to get down with his own little guitar.(laughs his head off at Mickey's sly remarks as well) Now, I will have this wonderfully bright, electric version of dancing Mickey that my 3 year old active godson will groove on. The Mickster is dressed in a hip long red shirt baring his logo and white pants that hang low down. His renown ears cap and white striders makes the dude's moves legit. Godson will be blinding me with his twinkling eyes, bright smile and absolute joy when he gets a load of "Master Moves Mickey."

Fisher Price has always been one of my favorite corporations in the toy industry. All items work and do what is advertised. Even more at times. They are quality, sturdy toys that can be passed down to generations and as a grandmother type I find the best gifts from Fisher Price.

Great toy for the hip, urban kid or the country farm munchkin......they all gotta get their groove on and DANCE!! And with "Master Mickey Moves" it will be a fun party for all.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 27, 2013
My 20 month old twin daughters loved this toy. They tried to imitate and dance to the beats that Mickey laid down.But then it was all over!

There were three problems with the toy.
1. It was not really durable. After just about a month, Mickey became as unstable as if he had drunk 10 beers. His joints became stiff, he would get stuck when trying to perform a hand stand.
2. Gobbled up 6 AA batteries fast.
3. Expensive - I paid $60 for this toy, and one would expect it to last a little more than a month.

There are many glowing 5 star reviews here and that was why I purchased this toy without much thought. Now I am out of the return window and out of $60. Mickey sits there , mocking me daily as the sun goes down.....
on September 12, 2012
I want to thank Fisher-Price for creating Master Moves Mickey (M3). Our Daughter just goes crazy when Mickey is turned on and doing his dance moves. She tries so hard to keep up with him. These moments will be cherished for ever! Thank you Fisher-Price!
on November 15, 2013
It did not work and the time sensitive return policy along with a failed pick up by Amazon designated delivery service did not allow me to return it. I had to go to Walmart to get a new one the day I gave it to my grandson. I paid $50 for nothing.
on June 13, 2013
This gift was a huge huge hit with my Autistic Grandson.

If you know much about Autisim they have things they are drawn to: certain colors and certain textures.

His favorite color is red so Mickey was perfect and the movement kept him entertained really well.

Thanks for a great gift.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This toy was an immediate hit right out of the box. There's something fun about a Mickey Mouse that dances, spins, and does hand stands all while encouraging you to sing and dance along. Mickey seems to work best on a tile or wood floor. He'll do some on the carpet, but he seems to get stuck more often. (Though the 4 year old enjoys having Mickey ask for help. And I appreciate the fact that if you don't get him put upright pretty quickly, he shuts off rather than just wasting batteries.) There's a pretty good variety of interaction in the toy as well. From a parent perspective, you will get tired, very quickly, of M to the I to C to KEY as he "raps" while break dancing. And if you don't want your child trying out hand stands and other hip-hop-ish type dance moves, then this definitely isn't the toy for you (I don't have a problem with it - but thought it worth pointing out that kids are encouraged to dance along and mine, at least, took that as doing the flips etc right along with Mickey.)