Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fisher-Price Medical Kit
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: Inquiries - by email|Change
Price:$15.59+ Free shipping

on June 25, 2008
I bought this kit for my toddler after reading reviews of other similar kits not made by Fisher-Price. I was mostly swayed by the brand and the "working stethoscope" promise. The kit is well-made and durable, with no sharp plastic edges or anything that looks like it could come off and become a choking hazard. The stethoscope does conduct sound, however you really need to press it to someone's chest to hear the heartbeat faintly. I will get a real stethoscope somewhere at a pharmacy to supplement this. Otherwise, all the other tools are fun to use and educational. For anyone considering a start up doctor kit, I recommend buying from a trusted brand so you know the items are of good quality with no unfinished seams/edges or the like.
33 comments|254 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2014
I had a Fisher-Price doctor kit about twenty years ago, and I loved it. It came in a black, plastic, old-fashioned-style doctor bag, which snapped shut. It had a cast that juuuust fit around a kid's forearm, or a smaller kid's lower leg. It has a stethoscope with which you could hear a heartbeat perfectly, and you could also talk into it for fun. I don't remember the other items that came with it... Regardless...
This one comes in a cheap cloth bag, which is difficult to stuff the bulky stethoscope into. Things will also fall out of it and spill out of it since the top is closed only by a small piece of Velcro. The plastic "band-aid" that comes with it fits around no one's arm, mine is too big and the kids' are too small. The syringe and otoscope are fine, nothing to report there. The blood pressure cuff is absolutely huge, it almost fits around my thigh! How is that for a child?? The stethoscope is impossible to hear anything out of, due to poor construction. It is also impossible to hear anything out of because the ear pieces are gigantic-- they do not even fit in my ears. I understand not wanting small objects in a child's ear, but the size of these things is obscene.
There are better items out there, many at the same cost or slightly more, and some even cost less. I've seen them online and also in toy magazines. My advice is to check out those first.
on March 4, 2013
My 2 y/o daughter has a heart condition and is terrified of going to the doctor w/ all the gadgets that are put on her.

This kit was recommended by a nurse to help get my daughter over her fears of getting her blood pressure taken, heart rate, shots....etc....

After having this kit for a few weeks; we just went to the doctor and she was as calm as can be w/ the doctor and all his tests. It has to be b/c of this kit that helped w/ her familiarity of all the gadgets.
on December 31, 2011
This is a toy, and a great one that keeps my daughter completely entertained for stretches of time (which is saying something for an almost 3 year old). The stethoscope does not hear the heart beat, at least not for us. But, it enhances noise which is great. She LOVES the band aide and puts it on all of her 'babies' (stuffed animals). She uses the syringe to give her 'babies' medicine since that is how we have given her liquid medicine in the past. She talks about the doctor all the time and this was a great 1st doctor's toy. We are getting her a real stethoscope since they are not expensive. We recommend this toy.
review image review image review image
on November 24, 2008
First I'm not sure why this is [...] bucks on Amazon, you'll be even more disappointed if you get it for THAT price. Paying the $[...] at Target will make you feel a bit better when you realize it's not that nice so at least you didn't pay to much for it. My toddler likes it but I'll tell you the cons I see from it.

1) It says it has a real working stethescope. Like the other reviewers here, to say it's a "working" one is stretching it, it's hard to hear the heart through it. The worst part though is that having it on your ears to wear actually is uncomfortable. My daughter said it hurts to wear.
2) The blood pressure tool was kinda funny, it secures closed with velcro that is so far apart that it was very loose on my husband! It literally falls off my child. So we added more velcro to it.
3) The bag is closed with one small square of velcro allowing the tools to topple over when you toss the bag into the toy bin or if the child spills it.

And all that from a brand I expected more from. Hmmm. I'm currently looking at a nicer set from Target made by "Parents" company, it has more tools and a real latching doctors box.
99 comments|216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2008
I bought this for my 3 1/2 year old for Christmas and it's great! When I use the blood pressure cuff, I gently squeeze his arm around the cuff so he understands how blood pressure is taken. This came in handy since he was rushed to ER last week with a bougt of croup! He'd never had his blood pressure taken before and I was able to explain that it was just like in his doctor kit. I think this is a great way to get kids comfortable with these tools so they don't fear the doctor.
on May 11, 2016
My preschooler is very fond of playing doctor patient pretend play. That's why we ordered a medical kit which should be pocket friendly, safe for children and durable. We chose Fisher Price as we had quite a good faith on this. Based on some good reviews also we did not hesitate to choose this one. It came in a big package. We were ver excited to open that box to get the so awaited medical kit for our child. But to our ultimate disappointment what we found was below standard which we could not expect from a brand like Fisher Price.
The bag is green in color and not of cotton but made of cheap polyester material.We expected at least a cotton bag which is highly recommendable for a child. The Kit contains a stethoscope, blood pressure cuff with "working" pump, otoscope, thermometer, syringe, and bandage.
The stethoscope which is described to work did not work in our case. The ear tip of the stethoscope is so broad that it does not fit in ear be it child or be it adult. it always falls down. How can a child check the heart beat if the ear tip does not stay in ears !!!!

The blood pressure cuff is of such a length it does not fit in hand properly though the spinning gauge works nicely.

“Sick to well” thermometer has two sides. If someone has fever it will show sad face and temperature 101.2/38.4 and if well temperature shown is 98.6/37 with a smiling face. The know at the end of the thermometer can be turned to change between sick or well temperature.

The otoscope and spring-loaded syringe works nicely.

The bandage is bracelet styled which is a bit weird. My child wears it as bracelet and does not want to consider it as a bandage.

Our child is also upset with this kit as she can not use the stethoscope and blood pressure cuff properly.

Overall, The quality which we expected from Fisher price highly disappointed us for this medical kit.
review image review image review image
on October 29, 2013
Dont know where to start, I give it 1 star only because there isn't a way to give 0 stars.
1. the stethoscope doesn't work, we've tried all we could, but it never worked
2. none of these is really all that great for kids. its so big, even an adult won't be able to use them easily
and many more, i won't have time to type
if all you want is to dress your kid up like a doc, yes this will work. Otherwise, I would keep quite some distance from this.
on December 8, 2013
I am not sure what the other reviewer here was talking about but my son absolutely loves this toy. It is great for imaginative play. He loves giving everyone in the house check ups. I think the shot is his favorite part of the toy.
on August 20, 2014
My granddaughter enjoyed her new doctor kit, and the whole family received a checkup! The quality of each piece of the medical kit was perfect and Livy was able to place each piece into the bag with no trouble. The fact that this medical kit has so many pieces was exciting to her and it was easy for her to carry. I could not be more pleased!