Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

VINE VOICEon November 7, 2010
My son absolutely adores everything about this bouncer and has since the start. When he was little the vibrations of the chair would put him to sleep (big bonus for a little boy who gave up napping at 6 or so weeks...) and he'd stare at the lighted fish in the center bar. Now that he's older (4 months), he doesn't really use the vibration part of the chair anymore, but he's able to kick to make the chair "bounce," which he loves. He's also great friends with the seahorse and fish that dangle off the center bar... He grabs them, flips them, and "talks" to them. Whenever he sits in this, he's entertained for at least an hour.

The things I love about this chair is that the cloth portion is easily removed and thrown in the washer for easy clean-up and the fabric itself is very easy to wipe down for quick clean-up. The chair has two settings, a setting that allows it to play music/sounds for about 5 minutes straight for constant entertainment, and another setting where it only makes noises if he moves the dangling fish and seahorse. Each movement produces a different sound (music, ocean noises, musical sound effects) and while cute, it's more a setting for when your baby gets older, can reach and grab, and make the connection that he's causing the changes with his movement. The chair makes several different sounds, a surprisingly intentse series of songs, ocean waves, rain, babbling brook, and it also has a setting where the fish in the center of the bar (which is lit by red and yellow led lights that change along with the music and floats in supernaturally dyed blue water) does it light show without any music. There are two volume levels for the music and sound effects, both levels very reasonable, though maybe the lowest setting too low for the nature noises.

My only large complaint with this is the same as with most baby toys it seems... It runs on batteries and it just absolutely chews through them... Especially the vibration setting. I know there's an adapter out there for people who haven't invested in Energizer, but from what I can see, this chair has no DC out for it, meaning you've got to rely on batteries only. The one blessing is that there are two battery sections, one for the vibrate and one for the musical bar, so if the batteries for the vibration part of the chair have died (and that's the feature that tears through them the fastest), the musical bar can still work. And as far as portability goes, it is light and easy to move around the house, but the shape of it makes it awkward to transport. It takes up as much space as a carseat in the car.

Overall, for the price of this item and the use he's gotten from it, it's a really, really great purchase. Supposedly it's good up to 25 pounds so I hope he can use it for awhile yet, but I suspect as he gets better at rolling and sitting up, it'll be time to phase it out. Yes it comes with a belt, but I suspect it'll be too tippy for kids who can really move about. But considering he's 4 months and has used it pretty much everyday since he's been born, it's a good value.
on January 23, 2014
I didn't like the product. The switch only worked on one of the setting and the vibration work sometimes. I also thought maybe the water would bubble but it didn't. Also I'm having a hard time getting it returned to the company since it doesn't come with a return sticker.
on October 5, 2010
When I put my 11 week old son in this bouncer he instantly becomes engaged and starts cooing at the fish and seahorse. I love watching him try to reach for them! He enjoys the vibrations, the colors and lights. I would recommend this bouncer to friends.
on January 4, 2011
I bought this on sale at Babies R Us. My baby enjoys it, which is the important part. She smiles and laughs and is entertained for awhile in it, which is great. I think it is overpriced though. I got it for half price, but had I paid full price for it, I would have felt very ripped off.
on June 7, 2014
I love the ocean wonders theme unfortunately this became finicky to get to vibrate by the time my son was 3 mos and quit vibrating by the time my son was 5mos old.
on April 1, 2015
my younger son loved it. This was the only thing that soothed him.
on January 20, 2015
Great
on January 18, 2012
You'll notice in the product photo that the legs of Fisher-Price's bouncers are thin, and wider than the seat itself. My husband and I, AND our two-year-old trip over ours CONSTANTLY. You'll see the seat and think you've avoided it, and then you'll catch a foot or a toe on one of the legs. Today I tripped over ours and nearly fell to the ground with my 4-month-old in my arms---any benefit you'll get from a bouncer with these dimensions are NOT worth the constant tripping hazard!