1,857 Reviews
 (1,371)

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than a Gloworm!
My husband wanted to get our baby a Gloworm. His desire was based on what he remembered of them from many years ago. The current Gloworms are not nearly as nice as they used to be - they play loud music and aren't nearly as cute.

Published on April 25, 2008 by L. Cabrera

1.0 out of 5 stars BATTERY COMPARTMENT CAUGHT FIRE
Published 22 months ago by John Ambrogi

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than a Gloworm!, April 25, 2008
L. Cabrera (Bellingham, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse, Blue (Toy)

When I found the Soothe and Glow Seahorse I was so happy! Firstly, it's cute, much cuter than the Gloworm models. Secondly, the music and sounds are also much much better - the music is quality and the volume can be adjusted. The sea sounds are a nice touch as well.

Unlike the Gloworm, the Soothe and Glow Seahorse actually does help baby wind down with it's gentle music and ocean sounds. I would recommend this toy any day.

1.0 out of 5 stars BATTERY COMPARTMENT CAUGHT FIRE, November 12, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
first let me say that when we purchased this toy for my 8 month old son, we all LOVED it! He took to it immediately, and several times it truly helped him soothe back to sleep! It was living up to all the positive reviews on Amazon. I purchased the toy on Oct. 5, and it needed to have it's batteries replaced for the first time on Nov. 10. I put new batteries in, and WITHOUT EVEN TURNING THE TOY BACK ON a coil behind one of the batteries started glowing and my kitchen was filled with smoke!! I immediately removed the batteries to see where the plastic all around the coil is blackened from being burnt, the coil is black and the toy is toasted (not that I would have trusted putting it back in my son's bed after this experience. I wrote my concern on Fisherprices facebook wall, and they deleted my post (it was not rude, rather concerned and frustrated). I wrote a second time and finally got your generic "please contact customer service" type response. They will be giving a refund and want me to send the toy back, but please beware! I have NEVER had this happen with a toy before, and the fact that it was in my child's bed for over a month scares me. I will be searching for a similar product, but simply CANNOT replace it with the same item - I no longer trust it!

5.0 out of 5 stars You can turn off the music easily, April 25, 2008
Krista (United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this seahorse around January 2008. I almost returned it because, although it's nice that the music plays for around 5 minutes (we timed 6 1/2 minutes), I didn't want to keep it if there wasn't a way to easily turn off the music without it playing all the way through. There is no mention anywhere on the box or in the manual that you can turn off the music other than by going inside the velcro and turning off the on/off switch (and who would want to do that and wake up the sleeping baby with the loud velcro?) Then, by accident, we found that if you press and hold the seahorse's chest for several seconds the music will gently fade and turn off. I called Fisher-Price and let them know so hopefully they'll add this information to the box and manual soon. It's a bit "head heavy" which makes it a little hard to handle. It's not machine washable like the original Gloworm, only "surface washable". Great product overall. It's so darn cute.

1.0 out of 5 stars Batteries started SMOKING!, February 28, 2014
We loved this and had it in our baby's crib - until the batteries started SMOKING! We thought ours was just defective, but apparently we aren't the only ones! With all these similar complaints, why hasn't Fisher Price issued a recall or even a warning!?! Makes me question the safety of all their products.

1.0 out of 5 stars Starting burning up!, June 13, 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Very alarming! Just replaced the batteries (with rechargeable batteries) and the coil started turning bright red and burning up! Too bad, just as my son was starting to walk around with it and move along to the music. Seen some reviews suggesting to use regular batteries, but just cannot trust something like this in the babies crib :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous- smokes and overheats!, January 11, 2014
This toy is very cute and my daughter loved it, but a month after purchasing I heard some had caught fire. I contacted fisher price and they said there have been cases where the battery compartment has over heated after changing batteries, but we're not recalling since no one was hurt YET. I shared my disappointment, and all they could say was they would document it. They first offered me a voucher, if I returned it, then offered a refund. I want them to fix the problem because it is a great toy, but I no longer feel comfortable with their safety standards. It's VERY sad and upsetting they will not recall until someone is injured. I will no longer be purchasing fisher price items- unless they increase safety standards.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another one with battery compartment issue, January 23, 2013
I had to change the batteries this morning and the battery compartment smoked and one of the coils turned bright red!
Thank god this didn't happen in my sons crib!

I called Fisher Price and they are sending me a return label and issuing a refund.

BUYER BEWARE!

1.0 out of 5 stars Caught Fire!, December 9, 2013
Martin (California) - See all my reviews
We received this gift from my sister as a baby shower gift off of our Amazon registry. Our son loved it. I went to replace the batteries for the first time and the toy caught fire upon inserting the second battery. It smoked and burned my thumb. I immediately contacted Fisher Price and was sent an email asking for a call back. I called them back and spoke with a nice lady who requested I send back the toy along with the batteries I used. She said they would send a refund for the toy, along with an extra $10 for the batteries I was sending.

I'd stay clear from this toy until they figure out what is causing it to catch fire. Luckily it was not in our son's crib when it caught fire.

1.0 out of 5 stars almost caught on fire, should definitely be recalled., August 4, 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I'm wondering if all of the good reviews are from people that haven't had to change the batteries yet. This takes three double A's and I have never, in my life, seen such a bass akward way of replacing batteries. It took me about 10 minutes to finally do it and I needed tools to help maneuver the batteries into place and finally shove the thing in once it was close to being where it needed to be (sorry, It would take me a while to describe the set up here, just trust me that it's not a quick change out).
Here's the big deal, once I got the batteries back in the springs started glowing red hot, as in immediately, and started smoking. I burned my finger on the battery spring after it only being in there for two seconds. Had the "heat up" been any slower I would have put the thing back in my daughters crib and it would have eventually caught fire, I have no doubt in my mind about that.
I've read that the problem stems from using rechargeable batteries and standard batteries wouldn't cause that overheating. Frankly, I don't care what type of batteries will and will not cause this thing to catch on fire. If there is even a chance that this will burn my house down I'm tossing it in the garbage immediately.
I would HIGHLY ADVISE you to do a quick google search on this product+recall or glowing hot springs.

I am frankly amazed that I have not heard more about this. I'm assuming that it's a relatively new product and people's batteries simply haven't run out yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Had this for over a year, August 9, 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
We bought this just over a year ago and have loved the product have never had any problems with it... Until now, I was woken up to the sound of my daughter crying this morning, which is very unusual for her. Went to check on her and her room smelt like plastic, safe to say I was freaking out, took my wee one (who is now 15 months) out of the room while I went to look for the source of the smell. Picked up her seahorse and it was stinking, took the cover off it and the battery compartment was smoking, removed the backing and the spring was orange and had melted the plastic around it. The whole batter compartment was very hot, I had to remove the battery's and leave the compartment outside. I have taken pictures and will be emailing Fisher Price to complain, We have used rechargeable battery's since we first got this and have never had any problems, I am not happy at all, what if this had caused harm to my child! It should come with a Warning label!

Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse, Blue