Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse, Blue
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Blue|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 130 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on June 28, 2016
Battery was eroded and insert all rusted.
review image review image
on April 14, 2016
Baby loved it but after only 2 months of use it wouldn't turn on anymore (after replacing the batteries.) The seller wouldn't let me exchange or return.
on March 1, 2016
Right after I gave it to him, there was a recall for safety reasons
on October 19, 2015
Was this refurbished or used? When we received it. It smelled a little, the batteries were dead and Duracell. They do not come with name brand batteries. I have a blue on for my other twin and it came with genetic batteries. If my daughter did not love this, I would have returned it. I changed the batteries and fabreezed it. I may think twice about ordering anything from here again.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2015
I bought this product for blue color. But they give me the pink!
on September 8, 2015
They give me a wrong color toy. However it's not worthy to return for that, cause I'm not in US.It will take me a lot.
review image review image
on August 31, 2015
The lite did not come on
on August 6, 2015
We received this as a gift, and it was well loved. The batteries eventually died, and I finally got around to replacing them. I used NiMH batteries (which are approved for this product per the manual). In went the new batteries, I tested the toy, it turned on just fine, so I put the battery case lid back on and put the battery case back inside the soft body of the toy. I tried to turn it back on, but it wouldn't turn on, so I took the battery case back out to investigate (the switches are difficult to see when the case is inside the soft body), and that is when I noticed a burning plastic smell, and that the lid of the battery case was hot to the touch! I frantically unscrewed the two small screws in the case, and once I got it open, I could see visible sparks at the negative terminal end of one of the batteries (and it was NOT installed incorrectly). I was able to pull the battery out, though it was extremely hot to the touch, and removed the other batteries as well. The spring at that terminal end was blacked and compressed, where it had just been perfectly normal before I put the new batteries in. The plastic surrounding the spring was melted and brown.

A quick google search revealed this has happened to many others, but that there is no recall on this product. And coming here to Amazon to see other reviewers saying the same thing, well, clearly something needs to happen to fix this problem. It seems to happen only when batteries are replaced (and immediately after they're replaced), but it could potentially cause burns or a catastrophic fire! IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU, REPORT IT TO FISHER PRICE! I called Fisher Price (888.253.4303) and the woman I spoke with was extremely helpful and apologetic. She emailed me a prepaid shipping label, and will be mailing me a check for the full retail value of the toy (and even said if I should find it for more than the check's value, to call and they will refund the difference as well). Evidently there are newer versions of this toy with only two batteries, instead of three (it is the three battery version which is having this malfunction, or so it would seem). I also filed an incident report with saferproducts.gov.
review image
on August 2, 2015
This was purchased as a gift for my daughter in 2014. She loved it and it really did help to soothe her. I had read some of the reviews about fires or batteries smoking so I never fully trusted it in bed with her if I wasn't in the room. We used it without problems for several months when she was young and then it was put away. I got it out today in preparation for baby #2. When I opened the battery compartment to change the batteries, one of the batteries was entirely corroded on the end touching the coils (looks exactly like one of the pictures posted by another reviewer). Needless to say, I now fully believe that this thing is a major fire hazard. I can't believe there hasn't been a recall. It went straight in the garbage.
on August 2, 2015
Product catches fire. Do not buy