Most helpful critical review
584 of 636 people found the following review helpful
BATTERY COMPARTMENT CAUGHT FIRE
on November 12, 2012
first let me say that when we purchased this toy for my 8 month old son, we all LOVED it! He took to it immediately, and several times it truly helped him soothe back to sleep! It was living up to all the positive reviews on Amazon. I purchased the toy on Oct. 5, and it needed to have it's batteries replaced for the first time on Nov. 10. I put new batteries in, and WITHOUT EVEN TURNING THE TOY BACK ON a coil behind one of the batteries started glowing and my kitchen was filled with smoke!! I immediately removed the batteries to see where the plastic all around the coil is blackened from being burnt, the coil is black and the toy is toasted (not that I would have trusted putting it back in my son's bed after this experience. I wrote my concern on Fisherprices facebook wall, and they deleted my post (it was not rude, rather concerned and frustrated). I wrote a second time and finally got your generic "please contact customer service" type response. They will be giving a refund and want me to send the toy back, but please beware! I have NEVER had this happen with a toy before, and the fact that it was in my child's bed for over a month scares me. I will be searching for a similar product, but simply CANNOT replace it with the same item - I no longer trust it!