5.0 out of 5 stars Almost a year now and still daily play
Published on November 2, 2010 by thriftymountainmomdotblogdotcom

3.0 out of 5 stars Fischer-Price Trio King's Castle
My grandchild liked it and put it together by himself with little help. I think it is age appropriate. It was together in no time at all.
Published 8 months ago by Nancy Duffy

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost a year now and still daily play, November 2, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price TRIO King's Castle (Toy)
We purchased this Trio Castle set along with two other castle sets for our then 5 year old son last Christmas. They were on sale when we got them, but the price was already a great value -- and since that time I have seen many 1/2 price sales on Amazon. On Christmas morning when my son opened the box he said, "This is the best day of my life." After opening that box he was instantly uninterested in opening any other gifts and went right to trying to build. The castle is too hard for him to put together alone. I don't know if this was an age thing or the fact that my son has a developmental delay. My husband loves putting stuff together and in a matter of minutes this castle can be put up (in a variety of configurations I might add, making it like a whole new castle every time he puts it together). The castle has little men and weapons that are compatible with other Trio sets. They are kind of short and a bit difficult for small hands to attach to the horses and sides of the castle, but once they are snapped in place they stay put very well. However, my son is addicted to Playmobil and uses his Playmobil men AND the Trio men with this castle. Playmobil men are a bit big, but they still work fine for castle play with this set. The pieces are nice and large (as opposed to some Playmobil and lego pieces) making it easier to put together and the snapping feature on the pieces helps it stay together making it easier to move from room to room (BIG PLUS) without having to re-build the whole thing. My son loves that the castle can be refigured to his liking. The detail on the castle is very simple giving lots of space to move the little men around. If you are wanting something with LOTS of little tiny detailed pieces, go get the Playmobil castles. If you are looking for something easy to put together that can be moved around and rebuilt over and over, this is your castle. Keep in mind this is a smaller sized castle, but can be built vertically to be quite tall. We have had this castle almost a year now and both of my boys (3 and 6) still play with it DAILY.

-ThriftyMountainMom
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, November 28, 2009
This review is from: Fisher-Price TRIO King's Castle (Toy)
I purchased this for my 4 year old son and he LOVES it! Amazon had the best price at 49.99 with free shipping!! It also comes with 6 figures not 3 like the description says. Great for todders who love legos but are too small for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars This toy is great fun!, November 14, 2009
This review is from: Fisher-Price TRIO King's Castle (Toy)
I purchased this for my grandson. He was 9 on his Birthday. He and his sister both had great fun playing with this even though they are at and over the age range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trio Blocks were a nice surprise for my family, December 14, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price TRIO King's Castle (Toy)
I don't post a lot of reviews on anything, but I feel like the Trio sets deserve the praise. I'll keep it brief with my personal pros, cons, and a summary.

PROS
1) Sturdy pieces. Nothing breakable here! (If we have grandkids way down the road, these will still be great)
2) Nice variety. Most of the blocks look similar at a glance but many connect in different directions.
3) Creations that are built will stay together.
4) Wide age range. Our 4 yr old makes cute stuff but our 10 year old and his friends also make guns, spaceships, tanks, submarines, robots, etc. You name it.
5) Intuitive. Just like Legos, the kids just know what to do.
6) No tiny pieces. Tired of the really tiny lego pieces? I am. These are easy to see and pick up -before- you hear them in the vacuum cleaner.

CONS
1) Price. I feel the price is high for plastic, like Legos. I'm patiently watching Amazon and Fisher Price for discounts.
2) Hard to snap together. I have to concede these are a sort of hard to snap, but don't make that the deciding factor. Your kids will overcome this.

SUMMARY
I originally bought a few Trio sets just because they were on sale, in fact they were sort of "filler" Christmas gifts for our younger son. They turned out to be a huge surprise and I absolutely recommend them if you have boys between 3-10 years old. (It still amazes me at how much my 10 year old plays with them.) My wife is an artist and she loves the creative aspect. We both appreciate that our 4 year old can actually play with his Trio creations, they aren't fragile like so many of our Lego sets. As a last note: When we turn off the TV and the kids have to find a toy or game or book or something to do, playing with the Trio blocks is frequently the choice they make, and that says more than everything I've written here.

5.0 out of 5 stars FP Trio Kings Castle, October 12, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price TRIO King's Castle (Toy)
This is a very fun and challenging toy for our grandson. He loves it and is able with a little help to put everything together. He just turned six.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun for the little ones, November 3, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fisher-Price TRIO King's Castle (Toy)
This has tied up my niece for extended periods of time after I gave it to her for Christmas when she was 3.5 years old... anything that can do that to a girl that age is great in my book. The best thing is that it has a multitude of ways to play with it and daddy didn't mind playing with it when she wanted a playmate!

5.0 out of 5 stars best castle set, August 11, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price TRIO King's Castle (Toy)
we looked at all the different castle sets out there and this one was by far the best for the money. the added bonus is that when the kids get bored of one setup, they can add on new sets and change the castle up. it really looks like a castle also, even though it has block pieces. really well made and stays together when they play with it. it also has really neat accessories like the dragonpult.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toys ever, August 9, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price TRIO King's Castle (Toy)
My boys literally play with trio blocks all day. The castle is very cool and they love to create new castles from their imagination. We also have the regular box of blocks and the construction crane. All great toys that keep my kids busy for hours. Will buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars A can't miss kind of toy. This is nice!, June 2, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price TRIO King's Castle (Toy)
My five year old would heartily recommend this game based on how many times I have watched him go back and play it over and over again. It's been almost a year, and it's still his favorite toy. It reminds me of my days with my LEGO castle that I played with for years. The toy is rugged and well made. It's easy for small hands to pull apart and snap together. Sheesh, you should see the neat things my son has created out of this one toy. You would be hard-pressed to do wrong by getting this toy for your children unless they just hate building!

5.0 out of 5 stars Trio King Castle, April 19, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price TRIO King's Castle (Toy)
This is a great product for little hands. Toddlers can easily snap and unsnap pieces. The best thing is the pieces stay together unlike other building products you may buy. When these accidently fall over they stay linked which makes happy little builders able to stand their design right back up. This castle spurs the imagination and allows kids to play without adult interaction. Great time for Mom to clean house or cook dinner! Perfect Birthday present. On the down side I wish it had a case to keep the castle pieces together so they would not get mixed with other building pieces.

Fisher-Price TRIO King's Castle