Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Price:$69.99+ Free shipping

on November 2, 2010
We purchased this Trio Castle set along with two other castle sets for our then 5 year old son last Christmas. They were on sale when we got them, but the price was already a great value -- and since that time I have seen many 1/2 price sales on Amazon. On Christmas morning when my son opened the box he said, "This is the best day of my life." After opening that box he was instantly uninterested in opening any other gifts and went right to trying to build. The castle is too hard for him to put together alone. I don't know if this was an age thing or the fact that my son has a developmental delay. My husband loves putting stuff together and in a matter of minutes this castle can be put up (in a variety of configurations I might add, making it like a whole new castle every time he puts it together). The castle has little men and weapons that are compatible with other Trio sets. They are kind of short and a bit difficult for small hands to attach to the horses and sides of the castle, but once they are snapped in place they stay put very well. However, my son is addicted to Playmobil and uses his Playmobil men AND the Trio men with this castle. Playmobil men are a bit big, but they still work fine for castle play with this set. The pieces are nice and large (as opposed to some Playmobil and lego pieces) making it easier to put together and the snapping feature on the pieces helps it stay together making it easier to move from room to room (BIG PLUS) without having to re-build the whole thing. My son loves that the castle can be refigured to his liking. The detail on the castle is very simple giving lots of space to move the little men around. If you are wanting something with LOTS of little tiny detailed pieces, go get the Playmobil castles. If you are looking for something easy to put together that can be moved around and rebuilt over and over, this is your castle. Keep in mind this is a smaller sized castle, but can be built vertically to be quite tall. We have had this castle almost a year now and both of my boys (3 and 6) still play with it DAILY.

-ThriftyMountainMom
[...]
on November 28, 2009
I purchased this for my 4 year old son and he LOVES it! Amazon had the best price at 49.99 with free shipping!! It also comes with 6 figures not 3 like the description says. Great for todders who love legos but are too small for them.
on November 14, 2009
I purchased this for my grandson. He was 9 on his Birthday. He and his sister both had great fun playing with this even though they are at and over the age range.
on December 14, 2010
I don't post a lot of reviews on anything, but I feel like the Trio sets deserve the praise. I'll keep it brief with my personal pros, cons, and a summary.

PROS
1) Sturdy pieces. Nothing breakable here! (If we have grandkids way down the road, these will still be great)
2) Nice variety. Most of the blocks look similar at a glance but many connect in different directions.
3) Creations that are built will stay together.
4) Wide age range. Our 4 yr old makes cute stuff but our 10 year old and his friends also make guns, spaceships, tanks, submarines, robots, etc. You name it.
5) Intuitive. Just like Legos, the kids just know what to do.
6) No tiny pieces. Tired of the really tiny lego pieces? I am. These are easy to see and pick up -before- you hear them in the vacuum cleaner.

CONS
1) Price. I feel the price is high for plastic, like Legos. I'm patiently watching Amazon and Fisher Price for discounts.
2) Hard to snap together. I have to concede these are a sort of hard to snap, but don't make that the deciding factor. Your kids will overcome this.

SUMMARY
I originally bought a few Trio sets just because they were on sale, in fact they were sort of "filler" Christmas gifts for our younger son. They turned out to be a huge surprise and I absolutely recommend them if you have boys between 3-10 years old. (It still amazes me at how much my 10 year old plays with them.) My wife is an artist and she loves the creative aspect. We both appreciate that our 4 year old can actually play with his Trio creations, they aren't fragile like so many of our Lego sets. As a last note: When we turn off the TV and the kids have to find a toy or game or book or something to do, playing with the Trio blocks is frequently the choice they make, and that says more than everything I've written here.
on January 1, 2015
Christmas gift for my son. We are at new years now and my son is still playing with it for hours a day. It is a really cool castle, with a trap door, shooting bow for arrows, cannon launcher, and tribuche (sp?). My son loves taking apart the tribuche and building cars and things to save the king. Comes with 6 trio guys, swords, and shields, which is great. These are like legos without the tiny small pieces to step on. Great toy, great product, thank Amazon for fast shipping.
on July 3, 2015
I am giving this item 5 stars because it still holds my grand son's interest after 4 years.I bought this for my grand son when he was five. He is nine and still plays with this set, after all these years. He doesn't assemble the castle but uses the blocks to build other things. The negative is the price, and some of the pieces aren't designed for very small children.
on October 12, 2010
This is a very fun and challenging toy for our grandson. He loves it and is able with a little help to put everything together. He just turned six.
on June 17, 2014
The castle was shipped and showed a day earlier. All pieces and parts were present and the kiddos loved the assembly. TRIO blocks are a favorite with the 4-8 year olds and are much more creative friendly for that age range than other l*go products.
on June 1, 2013
My six-year-old son plays with his Trios for hours at a time. He has a lot of sets plus a few buckets but always likes more. This castle set has some unique pieces. He has left most of it together as a castle for quite a while, which is unusual for him. He usually builds and rebuilds his Trios frequently. This would also be a good starter set, even if you do not have any other Trios, because kids can use action figures, horses, and vehicles from other lines to play with the castle.
on June 2, 2013
Our boys 12 and 5 have such a good time with this set and another set of trio. I don't find it as open ended as legos, and I think the boys aren't as attracted to them as their lego collections. But they wont think about giving this set up because of it.