5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must have!!!!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:58 Mins
Published 14 months ago by Mellie-Mel

3.0 out of 5 stars Mat contains toxic flame retardant TB 117
Published 11 months ago by peachy

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must have!!!!, November 11, 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Kick and Play Piano Gym, Discover 'N Grow (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Baby Product)
Length:: 1:58 Mins

I have two other play mats but this by far is my favorite and Bryce loves this one the best so far. I uploaded pics of him at 6 weeks old playing with this. The arc with the toys on it mounts both above the baby when he/she is on their back or it mounts in front of them down low while doing tummy time. Not all babies like tummy time especially in the beginning and Bryce is no exception but he would do tummy time on this mat . It is well designed and I love that it will grow with him. When he is bigger and sitting up on his own I can flip the piano up so he can play it while sitting. I actually am probably going to purchase a second one to leave at the babysitters. DEFINITELY put this on your registry and if its not purchased it trust me it is well worth it. Shop around for the best price tho I paid around $36 dollars but the prices vary widely depending on where you look. And just a sidenote I am leaving this raving review on my own accord and with no incentives or kudos from Amazon or Fisher Price but I have definitely talked this up at several stores I was in when I saw others shopping for play mats. This is the ONE Moms Dads Grandmas etc... You wont be dissapointed!!! Im going to try and upload a video but the better quality one is on my you tube and I can't find it on my computer. But it will give you an idea. Keep in mind he is only 6 weeks in this video so he wasn't batting at the toys as much as he does now at 11 weeks.Not sure how to link the pictures of him that I uploaded but theres 6 or 7 of em.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mat contains toxic flame retardant TB 117, March 7, 2014
peachy (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews
We received this product as a baby shower gift, and I let my infant play on this mat many times. That is before I found out about toxic flame retardants being applied to many baby products. I checked the labels on this product and, sure enough, the TB 117 (google it) label is there. Immediately, I got rid of this mat (other play gyms have the same fate) but kept the arch and piano. Used a fat blanket instead. She loved kicking the piano keys, looking at herself in the mirror and reaching for the toys. At some point I decided to wipe down the toys and piano keys with rubbing alcohol, to clean it. Black paint started smearing off the black keys. Gross. I didn't feel comfortable letting my child even touch this toy with her bare feet after that. We have a synthesizer that we put on the floor and she likes it even better, uses her hands and feet. If you buy this piano gym, I suggest untying the mat and using a blanket. Better yet, buy a safer toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, kept baby occupied long enough to take a shower, November 17, 2013
While the baby was old enough to leave on his back and before he could roll over this kept him occupied long enough to sneak in a shower. The mirror is super popular, and the piano saw a lot of foot action. Even for the small window this toy lasts, it's worth it.

The mat is detachable so if your a-hole dogs mistake it for a puppy pad you can wash it, but it's slightly aggravating to remove.

Once the baby was old enough to roll over the arch became a hindrance he'd constantly get hung up on. When he became old enough to sit up, he was also old enough to topple over, and the orange mounds that hold the arch become a constant concern for the parent that would prefer their baby not bash their head on hard plastic. The piano still remains a hit, and I wish it was fully detachable.

Flaws aside, during those early months you'll appreciate the time it affords you. Get this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, May 1, 2014
I'm very happy with this product. My 3 month old daughter loves it and will play on it for quite a long time. The things that hang are long enough for her to actually touch with her hands. I wish it were a little easier to move from room to room, but it isn't unbearable.

5.0 out of 5 stars value for your money.. my son's favorite mat.., August 19, 2014
I bought this one and my son used it so much that I jad to change it's battery thrice already and he is six month old. I love watching him kick the piano harder with his two feet together. It helps his motor skills development and also listens music while he is playing and kicking. I must say the round mirror on the top was his favorite and he smiled back look at himself. A must buy and value for money beacuse your baby will use it for a very long time. Now that he has learnt to sit I will change the position of paino to help him play while he sits. A cute mat for sure and a must buy. I love it n it's a joy seeing your baby enjoying while they are so little.

2.0 out of 5 stars Play Piano Gym, March 13, 2014
I bought this for my grandson who was 5 months old at the time, he would play with it for only a short time. He is now 6 months old and still it doesn't keep his interest for very long. When he kicks the piano keys to make music the sound is very soft and you can barely hear it. He has more fun with the toys that hang from it and seems to like the mirror as he can see himself in it. Overall I think it is overpriced and not worth the money I paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Awesome!, May 29, 2014
Vavavoom (Trinidad and Tobago) - See all my reviews
I purchased this Kick and Play Piano Gym because of the kick piano. My soon to be 3 month old son kicks alot. I must say this exceeded all expectations. Set up was simple and when he was in it he quickly understood that his feet made music. He loves to stare at his reflection in the mirror and he kicks the piano starting really slowly and then building some serious speed with his tiny legs. It keeps him entertained for about 15 mins or thereabout but I can't really expect any toy to keep his attention any longer that that at his age.

It is also fairly compact compared to other larger square jungle gyms and with limited space at home this feature was a big plus for me.

I have two older kids and I cannot remember any toy when they were 3 months old that was such a huge hit as this one. If your baby kicks up a storm this toy is definitely worth it.

The only downside is that I wished there was one more higher volume setting. With two other very active and noisy kids in the background, the music from the piano doesn't seem loud enough but this is really a minor issue.

All in all I am completely happy with this purchase and give it 5 Stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars I loved it but not loud enough, May 10, 2014
I don't know if its just my ears but I feel that this play gym is a bit to soft in terms of volume, even when on full volume. But my 2 mo old daughter likes it and so does my toddler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, May 1, 2014
My 8.5 month old loves banging on the keys! It was a pretty entertaining activity mat for her from the get-go. Glad we got this as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars My baby loves it! Comfortable and Entertaining, April 26, 2014
We actually already had two other baby gyms before purchased this one. All my friends have it and I see very good review on Amazon, so I decided to give it a try. My baby fell in love with this one immediately. Its been couple months since we purchased it, my baby still can play on here for a good half hour. She usually can not last even 10 mins on the other ones. There are so many ways for her to play this Gym. I think it is well worth to purchase. No wonder everybody around me have it!