Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on November 21, 2010
I'm afraid this was a rather disappointing purchase. Seeing all the great reviews, I thought this would be a sure hit but after a month of trying this out, I created this video to note some of the flaws.

Please note that the seat has already been corrected. After filming this video, I realized I had the seat backwards. Despite the adjustment, my baby was still not able to comfortably play with all the toys so after a couple of months, we sold this jumperoo for half the price.
2323 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 29, 2011
I have owned both this Fisher Price Blue Sky Jumperoo, and the Baby Einstein Musical Motion Jumper Green. Having used both, this Fisher Price one is my favorite and here's why:

It's MUCH easier to bounce. The Einstein one is rather stiff and was harder for my girl to bounce. She LOVES to bounce, but in the Einstein, it was rather rigid. It bounces up and down with no move from side to side at all, while the Fisher Price has a little bit of movement from side to side as well as up and down. Plus the Fisher Price is just a lot more springy.

Also, the toys on the Fisher Price are more interesting to my baby. She wasn't interested in anything at all on the Einstein, with the exception of the piano. However, she was unable to activate the piano on her own as the keys were hard to press and made confusing by the addition of purple raised bumps. The raised bumps look to baby like they are what you should press, however they do not do anything. On the Fisher Price, she likes to play with the toys that light up. As for the review stating that the green arch was just in the way, my girl likes to hold on to it for added support when she really gets to bouncing! At first I thought that was a silly design flaw to put that arch there in the way of getting to the toys underneath. But when I saw her holding on to it to stabilize herself, I thought maybe it wasn't so silly after all. She has learned how to reach under it to reach those toys anyway. She also likes the spinning butterfly with the little beads in it a lot. And she enjoys the mirror. I can also hang some of her favorite toys off the blue arch with links. But her FAVORITE is the blue elephant teether. She LOVES that thing!

The Einstein is easier to adjust as far as height goes. But that is not something I need to do often so to me it's not a big deal. I feel that both of them were stable and safe.

One other comparison is the music. The Einstein wins in that department. The music in the piano is much better quality and classical music, compared to the annoying animal sounds and goofy songs on the Fisher Price. If I could put the Einstein music on the Fisher Price, it would have 5 stars from me. However, the Fisher Price music activates when my child bounces, whereas with the Einstein you have to actually push the keys to make music. My solution to the annoying music of the Fisher Price has been that when I get sick of listening to the annoying sounds, I set up an infant gym I have that plays classical music, and let her bounce to that. For my daughter, the music really enhances her enjoyment and she LOVES to jump along to the sounds.

So overall, I prefer the Fisher Price as it's MUCH easier to bounce, has more stimulating toys, makes music WHEN she jumps, has a teether that she loves, and she will play in it probably three times as long as the 5 minutes she would spend in the Einstein. Her smiles tell me all I need to know.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 5, 2011
We bought this for Our 3 and 1/2 month old Son for Christmas. I ended up having My gallbladder removed on the 20th so to save Myself from a little 18lb Baby holding while healing We opened it early. He hates everything His Rainforest Swing and bouncey seat basically everything but Mommies arms. So We were basically praying We didn't just flush money down the toilet with this. Thankfully He loved it and caught on quickly to bouncing,turning and spinning the toys. We did have to put a pillow under His feet because He was a tad to short. My only complaint is it doesn't seem to fold up at all We had the rainforest jumperoo for Our Daughter and it didn't fold up small but small enough to fit through doorways. This one We have to take one of the sides completely apart after I healed and We wanted to move it from the bedroom to the living room. Other then that love it.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Our son could hold himself up in the sitting position by the time he was three months old. When we first put him in, he was most interested in the ball that spins and we needed to put a lift under him so that his feed could push up against something. (I've seen people use their wii fit board for this!) Once he figured out how to jump, it was all over. He essentially went nuts, just jumping and jumping to his heart's content.

By the time he was four months old, his feet could touch the floor and, if we cheered him on, he could get really high! He didn't start really playing with the other things and spinning around in the chair - if you didn't notice, the chair spins around - until he was about five months old.

Unfortunately, once he figured out how to pull himself up to stand (five months) and then crawl (7 months), he really wasn't interested in being in it. Instead, he crawls up to it and stands next to it to play with the toys. It was great while it lasted. There was nothing more entertaining for a while than him jumping wildly and laughing his butt off.

Great for:

- When you want to have your baby entertain you, your friends, or family (especially grandparents) when they come to visit.

- When you need to vaccuum and need to get your lump off the floor for a few minutes.

- When you need to make dinner.

In our experience, 20-30 minutes was the most amount of time our little guy could spend in it before getting bored, getting mad, or falling asleep. But if you have a "baby cycle," that is, you cycle your baby through different activities when s/he is awake, this works great as one of the things you do during the day. We did this after tummy time.

Oh, if it matters, we liked this also because we didn't have much space to have all sorts of baby apparati around. Our baby never liked the little bouncy chairs, we never got a swing, and this was our choice over a baby saucer.

As a note, if your baby loves to be in this, be prepared to change his/her diaper after getting out of it and be prepared for baby to puke if s/he gets overly excited while jumping - yes, even if you wait an hour or so after a feeding. The great thing is, it's really easy to clean! The seat liner comes out reasonably easily and then you just throw it in the wash with your other baby textiles.
on February 16, 2012
I agree with some of the other reviewers on complaints: seat tilts to one side; base doesn't touch the ground on all 3 sides; seat doesn't spin well--if at all; baby's arm gets stuck; get the Rainforest jumparoo model. This one is similar, but the Rainforest model just gets it right. I have twins and they LOVED the Rainforest jumparoo, I ordered this one as a second, figuring the variety would be more fun. I'm seriously going to return it and get the matching one. Overall, these toys are a great way for the babies to burn energy, gain some strength/balance, and they just have so much fun, you can't wipe the smiles off their faces. Loving Fisher-Price, but generally disappointed in this particular model.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 17, 2011
Let me start off by saying the first of these I received (purchased) had a few manufacturing flaws. One of the base pipes was not manufactured properly and no matter how many times we switched them around, would not go together. The plastic molded seat has 4 wheels attached on the bottom so it can go around 360 degrees. Ours had 1 wheel missing, making it impossible to even fit in, let alone twirl. I had reviewed many jumperoos and wanted this one because of the soft blue overhead tube to attach toys to so I ordered another one immediately through Amazon and it came the very next day before I even had time to send the "bad" one back. Thank you Amazon! I am glad I did. Being a grandma with a 4 month old grandson who just got to the point he is tired of always being placed on his playmat, bumbo chair, or carried around in grandmas arms, the first day he tried this jumperoo he is one happy little guy! Like most other reviewers his feet do not touch the floor yet and I played around with different size pillows for the full effect of jumping, he loves all the toys, the music, and the fact that grandma doesn't have to hold him in the standing position, he can do it (to some extent) himself. He wears himself out jumping and therefore naps better, too. Grandma loves that).
on February 19, 2011
My child loves this toy. My mom has the Rainforest Jumperoo at her house for when she watches my daughter and kept telling me how much she loved it, so I ended buying a different version for our house. She's 5.5 months now and loves to jump. She doesn't pay that much attention to the toys, but loves to jump and hears the music that turns on when she does jump.

The jumperoo isn't perfect. As other reviewers have commented, some of the toys are placed in a weird position so that it is difficult to access. She has gotten her hand caught in the little bar above the mirrored whale when the seat is positioned a certain way. She's also too short (she was 23 inches at her 4month visit, so maybe 24 or 25 inches now???) so we use a firm floor pillow underneath her.

Not all kids will love this toy, but I think a vast majority will love it as the reviews demonstrate. It's a great way to expend some energy and I love watching her face light up when she plays in it. We don't leave her in it for more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time, but I'm sure she could last much longer in it.
on October 25, 2011
We got this for my son when he was about 6 months, and it was a big hit when we got it. It took a bit to set up, and some of the pieces were a bit frustrating to snap into place, but it has a sturdy base, and a sturdy seat. The seat cover is easy to take off and can be machine washed.

There are several different activities set up around the seat, which encourages the infant to spin themselves around to play with the different "stations". My son couldn't spin it too easily at first, but it got easier as his muscles got stronger (and presumably with some use and wear).

The dangling bird and turtle encourage reaching and jumping. Although the child won't be able to reach it on the lower settings at a younger age, by the time the reach the highest setting, they will probably be able to grab at these toys.

The front panel has a few different actitivies, the red and yellow rattle ball spins vertically, the yellow triangle spins horizontally. The lion in the front spins in circles, and can be spun around by pressing on a blue (alligator) bar positioned between the lion and the seat, but my son has never bothered with the blue button, preferring to spin the lion himself. There are two lights on the front panel that flash in time with the music when on the music setting. The front panel also has the power/volume control and a blue button that alternates between sounds and music (both activated when infant jumps).

Next, there is an elephant teether, which at first my son just ignored unless I held it up for him. Eventually, he realized that it was attached to the green string and would pull on the string to bring it up when it wanted to play with it.

Then there is a spinner with balls and a creature in it. It was easy to use, but because this is almost at the back of the jumper, it probably saw the least use.

Around the other side, there is a spinning disk and a whale shaped mirror with a bead track. These both got lots of play and were easy for my son to manipulate.

The springs are covered with orange fabric. My son loved to grab at them and I was worried for a while that he might pinch his fingers (although the fabric is there to help prevent that). Despite his grabbiness, he never once pinched his fingers in the springs.

My son is now about 15 months old and could still fit in the jumper heightwise, although he would hate to be confined to the jumperoo at this point. He does, however, still like to cruise along the outside of it and play with the music and the actitivies. We will probably be packing this up soon for use with any future children, but it was well worth the expense and we definitely got our money's worth of play out of this, since it was a daily activity until my son really started to cruise on furniture. We managed to buy it on a good sale at about $66 last February.
on May 10, 2011
We LOVE this jumperoo. My daughter was 5 months old when we purchased this. She loved it! We would take it outside and let her bounce around while watching the older children play or use it inside when Mommy needed to get some cleaning done. It's really big so that may be a drawback if you have a smaller space but if you can accommodate the bulk of it, it's certainly worth it!

One other note, once my daughter starter crawling and then cruising she was no longer interested in being the jumperoo. We got about 3 months of regular use out of it. She will only go into it now if we're outside and will probably stop using it altogether in a month or two and she's walking. So add another 2 months of occasional use. While it was totally worth it for me, it's something to think about for those that don't want to spend a lot on something that won't be used that long.
on May 2, 2011
Our son has the best time in his jumperoo. He is a little jumper - always trying to jump when you're holding him in your lap or helping him stand on the floor. This is the perfect outlet to let him get his jumpies out! We got this when he was 5 months old and it took only a few days of practice until he really understood what to do and started having a great time. He gets so excited about the jumping that he doesn't bother playing with the toys, although, I have friends whose kids enjoy the toys as a break from bouncing. This was a great step-up from the Evenflo Splash Mega Exersaucer once he was bigger and stronger in his legs.