Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on November 8, 2009
If I would have made a review about this product when my son was 4months old I would have only gave it a 2 because he would kick but wouldn't seem all that interested. But now that we finally made a move we have started to unpack things and once I found this I gave it to him one morning. Right away he went scooting to it and hitting it. Before I knew it he was SITTING on it. He now LOVES this thing and it will entertain him for quite a bit - which is nice because it has replaced him going for our laptop 100% of the time hah
on January 25, 2014
I'm guessing all the reviews about how soft the sound is on this toy were written by people who don't actually live with children. The BEST feature of this toy is that it is not another riducuously loud toy. It does not matter if a parent can hear the toy. Actually I think it is best that I can't hear it. All that matters is that when my child is 2-6 inches from the toy, SHE can hear it. She loves it and has a great time making the soft sounds, as well as seeing the sun and bird light up.

The last thing any house with children needs is something that makes a lot of noise. I would love if ALL toys had such a soft sound. PLEASE toy makes stop making loud toys. Don't listen to all these crazy people who want more noise in their life!
VINE VOICEon August 19, 2010
When I pulled this out and turned it on the first thing I thought was, "Wow, it's really quiet."
Regardless my daughter started banging happily on it and really liked the lights. As a matter of fact she went pretty nuts on this thing, loved it at first.
And though we could barely hear it she seemed pretty happy so we tied it into the crib.

Here's the problem. At 7 months my daughter has recently learned to pull herself up and is trying desperately to get out of her crib. She found out pretty quickly that she could wedge the piano on the mattress and use it as a stepping stool. Now the key board bends under her weight but it does give her a bit of a boost. Much as I'd love to leave it in because she likes it, anything that can be climbed on needs to be taken out of the crib so out it went. We left it on the floor for her to play with and after a few days she got bored with it.

My guess is that it's too quiet, even on the loudest settings. I did try replacing the batteries and nothing.
Not sure if i got a bad model but with out the feedback it's just not that interesting to her.
I'm giving it 3 stars since she really did seem to like it and other reviews don't seem to have my issue.
However!
If your baby can pull themselves up to standing, I wouldn't recommend this for the crib, could lead to some bumps and bruises.
on August 4, 2011
If you like the idea of this Kick and Play Piano but are concerned about the volume level being too low, try the Rainforest version. At the store, I played with both versions and found that the Rainforest piano was significantly louder than the Precious Planet version. The Rainforest piano's low volume setting sounded like the high volume setting on the Precious Planet. I originally wanted the Precious Planet one because I liked the images better, so I tested ALL the pianos on the store shelf. I can honestly say that the Rainforest pianos were consistently louder than the Precious Planet piano.

My 3+ month daughter has been playing with the Rainforest piano for about a month now and loves it. I use a combination of the Boppy and a bed pillow to prop her up and she can spend 20-30 minutes playing it on her own.
on January 14, 2010
I purchased 2 of them for my twin grandsons. What a joyful investment. Right now they are only 3 mos and they are alert to the lights flashing and the music playing. What a great toy!
on March 19, 2014
I bought this "piano" to help with tummy time for my daughter since she has torticollis and was not a fan of tummy time. It really helped keep her interest for a while and she would forget she was on her tummy when this toy was on.
on February 12, 2014
This toy has proved itself through three kids. It always worked and only needed a few battery changes. It seemed to be unbreakable and a favorite of each kids on one milestone or another. This is a must have or must gift for every family.
on June 4, 2015
One of the best things to put in the crib. She has scooted herself down to the bottom of her crib to kick this since she was a couple months old. It entertains her while she is in her crib, but not in the mood to sleep. After a few moths of use the batteries are still going strong. The volume is also adjustable.
on March 5, 2011
My son received this toy at 3 months and still loves it now at 6 months! Like the other reviewers state, the keys are easy to kick, and have yet to break under Alex's Extreme kicks. It has two music modes: one plays music only when the key is kicked and one plays continual music but the song changes when a key is kicked. It is quiet, but in his little room it works out great. We all can hear it fine even though the music is soft.
My only very slight peeve is the washability of the device. The piano is wonderfully soft and is surface wash only. It's my own fault so I shouldn't complain, but to keep Alex occupied during diaper changes (wiggle worm) I put the piano on the changing table against the wall. He LOVED it there and it entertains him while he's "airing out". But being a boy he has on several occasions peed on the piano. Once, ok. Twice, still not bad. Just soak up with paper towels and air out. But after several seemingly deliberate target practices it starts to smell. I scrub it with mild soap and a nail brush using as little water as possible but this soft fabric is like a sponge!. I wish there was a way it resisted liquids just a little. Give me time to wipe off the urine before it sets in.
on August 4, 2011
So far my 4 month old baby isn't going crazy over this toy, but the toy is exactly what I expected it to be. It looks nice and was easy to attach to the crib (there are four ties on the back, so in my case you can only attach it to the long side of the crib as I have no bars on the short ends). The music is very pleasant to listen to, and I have no problem with the volume. It is generally quiet in my son's nursery, the volume would only be a problem if my other boys were in the room making a lot of noise. My son has kicked an and gotten the tunes playing a few times, but doesn't seem to go too crazy over it or care that the toy is on. I will update this review if he takes to it a bit more with age. Unfortunately baby needs to kick the toy somewhat low, there are times he kicked higher (which is more comfortable for him with his long legs) and it wouldn't trigger the music, so that was disappointing. However, overall I really like the toy and if my son doesn't take to it more I don't really fault the toy, it is nice to look at and seems to be well made and the music isn't annoying as with some toys so we will at least get some use over it. For us this toy is just "alright" so far, not a must have by any means, but worth a try if you are looking for a splurge toy for your little one.