Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on November 11, 2010
I have bought 3 sets of these and they are all a waste of time. They last a short period of time so within a few months to a year you would need to get another one; Initially I bought 2 sets one for home and one for grand parents who baby sit at times; the one at home spoilt really quickly as it was in use a mot more; then when I was looking for a replacement it was the only type available quickly in the stores here so I bought the third set,(which was a newer model) eventually all were useless and my kid is only 2 1/2 now. The only benefit is that it picks up all the sound in the room really clearly but there is a lot of static and interference from other objects especially mobile phones.
on December 1, 2010
I picked up a set of these based on the positive reviews here but was disappointed with the gain on the microphone in the base. With baby in the crib I placed the base on the opposite side of the room, and didn't hear or see any feedback on the receivers.

Other FP models we've tried, I can hear breathing if I turn the volume up high enough on the receiver.
on November 28, 2010
We purchased the Fisher Price Private Connection monitor because of its long range and rechargeable battery. As a whole, we have been very pleased with it. The reception is incredible (we can pick up our neighbors talking outside), the range is great (we've used it in several different multi-level houses, in hotels from a room or two away, and from our neighbor's house when our son was home at our house), and though the charge on the receiver batteries no longer gets us through the night, it lasts from his bedtime until ours and we can plug them in / charge them while we sleep. We've had the occasional problem with static, but what monitor doesn't?

However, after 18 months of use (and not abuse, I might add), they now pick up a background buzzing noise. It seems that the transmitter is the culprit here - both receivers pick it up, it has nothing to do with the location or the channel. It's loud enough that the first light on the receiver is always illuminated, and there is no way I can sleep with it on. They are still functional if you don't mind the noise or are only using this during the day. I expected a longer life from something I paid $70 for.
on January 24, 2011
i dont understand why all these ppl are writing neg reviews. we live in a house with a finished basement and havent had any issues with this monitor. my son is going on 3 yrs old. im buying another set for my twins bc i loved how sensitive this monitor was, i could hear him breathing! also i have walked across my street to the neighbors house while my son was napping and had NO problems even in her house! i have the old white monitor and love the upgrades to the grey one. it CLEARLY says in the instructions to not leave it plugged into the AC adapter for longer then 10 hrs bc it will burn out the rechargable battery. this monitor is meant to be portable, u charge it, then use. so if your monitor has gone "BAD" chances are its by your own doing and not a faulty monitor.
on January 12, 2013
We've tried other brands of monitors, but this one is the absolute best one. It's clear as can be, and we can hear the baby breathing. I love that.

With our first baby I would leave the monitor on the charger while on my nightstand all night long, and I think this may have caused it to burn out the battery. My first baby was only 17 months old when we had our second son, and so since we had a need for a second monitor we just bought this one again. And this time I didn't keep it charging all night long and it has lasted almost 3 years!
on December 14, 2010
I'm surprised to see so many negative reviews - our experience with these has been great, especially the range. I sometimes have to take the dog out to the lot next door while the baby's sleeping, and it reaches with no problem. I've actually experimented, and it still had 2 bars a whole block away. There is occasional static, but that doesn't bother us. One of my friends bought a much more expensive monitor, and it hardly reaches to their front porch. It also holds charge well. A great monitor overall!
on March 24, 2011
We bought this baby monitor to hear our toddler daughter call us in the night if she needed us. We had an old Safety that we used for 5 years but as it aged, it became more static-y. My husband wanted one that had a privacy feature so I picked this up. He immediately commented that the 900MHZ frequency really wouldn't give us privacy but would try it out.

This baby monitor worked for a few weeks but then the receiver would start to "pop" loud static sounds. First it started around 4am in the morning but then progressed into all hours of the night randomly. My husband thought maybe it was picking up wireless or X10 signals... Whatever the reason, these receivers are useless to use at night and will have to be used only during day use for my younger child's naps.
on November 8, 2010
I owned this monitor for about 20 months. When disconnected form the power cord, the receiver shows almost no charge and beeps to be recharged. Basically, the batteries fail. The receivers only work when connected to the outlet. I gave 1 star because it worked for at least a year, and the second star because I like the 10 channel selection. Other than that, I do not recommend buying this item.
on February 25, 2011
Excellent product. Great range around the yard. The rechargeable batteries are nice and LED indicators on both side are a great product plus. It is nice to have a great product that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like many of the other baby monitors (colorful, odd shaped, glowing led keeping our baby awake). Small, discrete, and very simple to operate. Only my mother-in-law could/has been able to screwed it up; the toaster has too many buttons for her. Amazon was fast for delivery and the best price we could find. Highly Reccomend!
on December 27, 2008
Works very well and allows the owner to choose between different channels to reduce inteference. I would suggest a squelch button but that is not a big deal as the sound is much more clear and with much less static noise than the previous two Fisher Price monitors my parents were using.